2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #71
CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thomas, I won't be back until July 26th, you did respond to me in another thread about my speaker rattle, but I haven't posted about this yet. I'll be bringing it to the dealer after I get back for an adjustment/repair of the chip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #72
nerdrage
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100392
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 1 nerdrage Good Standing Member
Im going to need help. My dealer just called. They took pictures and they are sending them in to Ford to see what if anything Ford wants done. So they havnt even adjusted the taillight.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #73
Mykal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus HB Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mykal Good Standing Member
I have an appointment for July 5th to get it corrected. I'll update once I have the car back...the dealer has been good to work with so no worries at this time.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #74
silenthill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85671
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 2 silenthill Good Standing Member
I went to wash/wax my car last night and pull off the tail lamps to clean/wax the body behind them. The right housing (which is the one that was causing the damage) was easy to remove. The left housing only had _one_ wingnut. The bottom screw was using a regular nut.

For those of you who've removed the left tail lamp..that's not right, is it? There should be two wing nuts, right?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #75
Enk1du
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100325
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 Enk1du Good Standing Member
Just looked at mine, everything seems fine but I'll be keeping an eye out.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #76
Mykal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus HB Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mykal Good Standing Member
Dealer is keeping the car an extra couple of days; the paint shop they work with seems to be the bottle neck. Should have the car by Tuesday. Oh well....just going to have to drive the '05 Mustang instead :)
Old 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #77
geoxman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100940
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch manual sport package

FF Reputation: 1 geoxman Good Standing Member
I just looked at mine and it is doing it on the drivers side!! There is plenty of room on the passenger. Mine is also rubbing the paint on the bottom. This sucks only 300 miles on the car!!

Just sent an email to Social1@Ford.com
and a PM to the nice person responding from Ford in this thread.

This sucks!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #78
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 9 Shade-010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNFocusFan View Post
Thanks, I'll take mine in when I'm back and hopefully get it sorted, didn't you guys all have hatches though, anyone else seen this on the sedan?
I had a paint bubble starting on the driver side tail light at the point. the tech look at it poked it and the paint came off, went to look at it Friday and the Body Shop Butchered the fix, gonna make them re-do it. it looked like A55
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #79
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthill View Post
Thomas, yes that was the problem. The dealer worked with the customer service manager and determined many of the vehicles were arriving on the lot with the taillamp housing too tight against the body. My issue was resolved a few weeks ago.
Hey -

Glad it's been worked out for you! If you need anything, shoot me a PM and I'll reply ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdrage View Post
I sent you a PM yesterday with all my info. let me know if i should resend it. My car is in the shop as we speak
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdrage View Post
Im going to need help. My dealer just called. They took pictures and they are sending them in to Ford to see what if anything Ford wants done. So they havnt even adjusted the taillight.
Never fear -

I'm sure your dealer will do whatever they can to fix it. Have you heard back from them yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNFocusFan View Post
Thomas, I won't be back until July 26th, you did respond to me in another thread about my speaker rattle, but I haven't posted about this yet. I'll be bringing it to the dealer after I get back for an adjustment/repair of the chip
CDNFocusFan -

Ah, yes I remember! Send me a PM once you get back; I'll forward your details to the appropriate rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
I have an appointment for July 5th to get it corrected. I'll update once I have the car back...the dealer has been good to work with so no worries at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
Dealer is keeping the car an extra couple of days; the paint shop they work with seems to be the bottle neck. Should have the car by Tuesday. Oh well....just going to have to drive the '05 Mustang instead :)
Mykal -

Not a bad car to drive while your Focus is in the shop! Do you know if your dealer took photos of the taillight area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enk1du View Post
Just looked at mine, everything seems fine but I'll be keeping an eye out.
Hey Enk1du -

You got it; keep your eyes peeled. If you spot anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply with a quickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxman View Post
I just looked at mine and it is doing it on the drivers side!! There is plenty of room on the passenger. Mine is also rubbing the paint on the bottom. This sucks only 300 miles on the car!!

Just sent an email to Social1@Ford.com
and a PM to the nice person responding from Ford in this thread...
What's up geoxman -

Just viewed the message you sent me; I'll respond shortly. However, if you see this response first, please PM me your phone # and mileage as well. Is McMahon Ford where you go for service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
I had a paint bubble starting on the driver side tail light at the point. the tech look at it poked it and the paint came off, went to look at it Friday and the Body Shop Butchered the fix, gonna make them re-do it. it looked like A55
stang74shelby -

I like going to the butcher for meat, not my ride! Your dealer will work to make this right. Please let me know when you get it back. If you'd like, I'll forward all details to your Customer Service Manager; PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info.

Type to you soon,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #80
Pretherius
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97062
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sedan 5-Spd Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 Pretherius Good Standing Member
Ugh... just noticed it on mine over the weekend. Driver's side tail lamp only. Can't believe I have to take it into the dealer for this kind of stupidity.

Bookmarks & Social Networks