2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #231
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Even though I don't have this issue, it's nice to see some stories of resolution of the issue and Ford making good on the warranty. Having already done one minor warranty claim on my car (rear seat latches), my experience with getting stuff sorted has been pretty good, and it's always nice to see that be the norm rather than not.
Kay - HN#79
'14 Fiesta ST Tux. Blk. 6MT, COBB Stg. 1
Gone: '12 Hatch SE Sport MTX75

V - Power* Junkie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #232
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109690
What I Drive: 2012 oxford White Hatch SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 spektrum2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
Even though I don't have this issue, it's nice to see some stories of resolution of the issue and Ford making good on the warranty. Having already done one minor warranty claim on my car (rear seat latches), my experience with getting stuff sorted has been pretty good, and it's always nice to see that be the norm rather than not.
A quick OT question.Did your latches happen the rattle when the seats are folded flat..? Mine do like crazy.Forgot all about until I read your post.Next time its in I'll see what they say.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #233
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektrum2 View Post
A quick OT question.Did your latches happen the rattle when the seats are folded flat..? Mine do like crazy.Forgot all about until I read your post.Next time its in I'll see what they say.
Not quite. My problem was that my passenger-side seat's latch prevented the seat from locking into the full upright position. They had to install a new locking latch to fix it. Other than a scheduling error, my dealer got the fix done promptly.
Kay - HN#79
'14 Fiesta ST Tux. Blk. 6MT, COBB Stg. 1
Gone: '12 Hatch SE Sport MTX75

V - Power* Junkie
Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #234
spektrum2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109690
What I Drive: 2012 oxford White Hatch SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 spektrum2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Not quite. My problem was that my passenger-side seat's latch prevented the seat from locking into the full upright position. They had to install a new locking latch to fix it. Other than a scheduling error, my dealer got the fix done promptly.
Ok Thanks RedComet.Did a search,the only thing that came up was my post just now so its not a big issue looks like.I'll have them check next time its not worth a special trip.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #235
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyax82 View Post
Just got back from the dealer. They were very helpful and the guy in the body shop seemed to be familiar with the problem. They took photos to send in for the warrenty claim tomorrow, so hopefully should have an answer in the next couple of days. I'm very glad I found this thread and discovered the problem early. Thanks, Crystal for your help as well!!!
You're quite welcome, jyax82! Keep us posted on the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektrum2 View Post
Good to hear! Yes this forum is a great resource for keeping ahead of potential problems and for info...
Quote:
I agree completely, spektrum2 and RedComet. This is a great community and I'm always happy to help in any way I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
I have an appt. next week to have this addressed with mine. I went out and checked last night and the plastic is right up tight against the paint, both sides.. Sheesh..
Hey Btravelen,

I'm happy to step in and assist with your case as well; just send me a PM with your info (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, full name) and I'll get your details into the right hands.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #236
CKNairb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109861
What I Drive: Hot wheels

FF Reputation: 0 CKNairb Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
sent you a PM with my info, it looks like mine may be starting to chip also

2013 Focus ST built 2/21/13 less then 1000 miles on it.

is ford going to do a Proactive fix ( redoing posts or fixing the tail light ) or is it just a Reactive fix by just putting touch up paint on it and putting it back pressed against the body for it to happen again ?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #237
jyax82
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 72426
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red SE HB, 5spd of course

FF Reputation: 1 jyax82 Good Standing Member
Talking

Just got my car back from the dealer today. They fixed the paint damage and spaced both of the taillights out away from the body with washers. I did the business card test and both lights were OK. They had the car for four days. The body shop at Jack Demmer Ford did a great job and were very helpful.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #238
FootySr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113320
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus SE HBK

FF Reputation: 1 FootySr Good Standing Member
I've had my 2013 Focus for 2 weeks, about 120 miles or so now (LOVE IT!). It was built in December.

I pulled the left rear light off today and there was some scratching. I put a rubber washer on the middle post and I took the positioning pin off and put a rubber washer under it so the pin still locks into place like it should.

I think I got to it just in time as the scratches look like it's just the clear coat at this point and I can probably get the small marks out with some rubbing compound. When I take it back off to take care of the scratch I'll be replacing the rubber washer under the positioning post with a harder nylon washer so it can be tightened just a little bit more securely, so the pin is less likely to vibrate lose.

All other clearances look good though and a business card slides under nicely. I did adjust the hood bumper things in the front too, just in case the headlights decided to become an issue.

Jake ;)
Old 05-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #239
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
I finally had mine looked by the dealer - although I brought in some copy/paste solutions from this forum, they refuse to read or listen. They claim they cannot rely on speculations on the internet. They need to diagnose themselves and get approval from Ford... even if that means, having to schedule 4-5 visits to address the same friggin' problem.

Anyhow, they gave it back to me with a shitty paint job...I could've done better with my touch up pen.

I'll keep monitoring and see if the paint peels off again...
Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #240
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Take it to a new dealer if you can then. Mine took pictures to send in to Ford and I got an answer within a couple of hours that they would take it in under warranty for a fix. That's some BS otherwise.

One thing I will say though, even after they 'fixed' my tail light, it was still rubbing. So you may have to just fight for a paint fix and whatever else they want to do to it, and then add washers to it yourself. That's what I ended up doing.

Bookmarks & Social Networks