problem with hill start assist in a brand new ford focus tourer - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
yair24
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94081
What I Drive: for focus 2012 grey lunar tourer

FF Reputation: 1 yair24 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
problem with hill start assist in a brand new ford focus tourer

hello,

I got my brand new ford focus station tourer (trend) in november 2011 with the double clutch gear. after 5000 Km I suddenly got an error message "hill start assist not available" and a yellow light of a slipping vehicle was also light.

After this error I notice that the hill start assist realy does not work anymore...

when I stop in a hill even a little hill, then when I start driving the car reversed backward alittle before start driving forward.

I send the car for repair and the car now is in the garage for 4 days and the technical man told me they dont know what is the problem he told me that for example they fix something, the problem apears to be solved, they drive it for 40 minute and then the problem come back.

anybody had such a problem?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
fordmaneh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94087
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se white

FF Reputation: 1 fordmaneh Good Standing Member
i have same problem

my new ford focus does the same thing had it in twice cant figure out problem. it only happens once in a blue moon last time i was driving and outa nowwhere the message hill start assist is not available message came up like six times in a row then that was it never came on in like 200km so far weird, i hope they figure it out this time did you get yours figured out maybe it is the powershift computer
Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yair24 View Post
hello,
I got my brand new ford focus station tourer (trend) in november 2011 with the double clutch gear. after 5000 Km I suddenly got an error message "hill start assist not available" and a yellow light of a slipping vehicle was also light.
After this error I notice that the hill start assist realy does not work anymore...
when I stop in a hill even a little hill, then when I start driving the car reversed backward alittle before start driving forward.
I send the car for repair and the car now is in the garage for 4 days and the technical man told me they dont know what is the problem he told me that for example they fix something, the problem apears to be solved, they drive it for 40 minute and then the problem come back.
anybody had such a problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmaneh View Post
my new ford focus does the same thing had it in twice cant figure out problem. it only happens once in a blue moon last time i was driving and outa nowwhere the message hill start assist is not available message came up like six times in a row then that was it never came on in like 200km so far weird, i hope they figure it out this time did you get yours figured out maybe it is the powershift computer
Hi yair24 & fordmaneh,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. You may contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance. Please keep me posted on the results.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Bcdog1123
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98519
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Bcdog1123 Good Standing Member
I have had this problem also. I have had the car 9 days now and it has happened 3 times. The first 2 times the problem went away in about 20 seconds. It happened again today and I had to restart the car to fix it. Along with the Hill Start message I got the ABS light and the Stability Control System light. Taking it to dealer on Friday.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
mikeeshaq
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72526
What I Drive: 2010 Transit Connect

FF Reputation: 15 mikeeshaq Great Standing Member
The OP [original poster] is in Israel in a town south of Haifa
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
umbrage
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94798
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 umbrage Good Standing Member
Did anyone receive a resolution on this? I've just taken my vehicle to the dealership with the same problem (ABS + stability control lights constantly on, hill assist unavailable message at start-up). As a bonus problem, my speedometer stopped working at the same time.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
umbrage
Focus Rookie

Received a call from the dealer: The issue is a "faulty ABS sensor".

It totally makes sense, given that if the computer can't read the movement of all four wheels, it shouldn't enable power steering, stability control, or give a speedometer reading. I'm sort of impressed that the solution is to just have the car drive like an old car, that doesn't have any fancy technology.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
taanio
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104639
What I Drive: 2011 focus

FF Reputation: 1 taanio Good Standing Member
Did everyone on this thread end up with the faulty abs sensor diagnosis? Dd this fix the issue? I'm experiencing the same thing on a late 2011 uk focus titanium that I just bought.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
umbrage
Focus Rookie

It was definitely the fix in my case.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
nytelyf561
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120186
What I Drive: 2013 Fiesta Sedan 1.6

FF Reputation: 1 nytelyf561 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrage View Post
Did anyone receive a resolution on this? I've just taken my vehicle to the dealership with the same problem (ABS + stability control lights constantly on, hill assist unavailable message at start-up). As a bonus problem, my speedometer stopped working at the same time.
Very sane thing happen to time. How did it get fixed?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->