problem with hill start assist in a brand new ford focus tourer - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
yair24
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94081
Location: Givat ada, IL
What I Drive: for focus 2012 grey lunar tourer

Posts: 1
FF Reputation: 1 yair24 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
problem with hill start assist in a brand new ford focus tourer

hello,

I got my brand new ford focus station tourer (trend) in november 2011 with the double clutch gear. after 5000 Km I suddenly got an error message "hill start assist not available" and a yellow light of a slipping vehicle was also light.

After this error I notice that the hill start assist realy does not work anymore...

when I stop in a hill even a little hill, then when I start driving the car reversed backward alittle before start driving forward.

I send the car for repair and the car now is in the garage for 4 days and the technical man told me they dont know what is the problem he told me that for example they fix something, the problem apears to be solved, they drive it for 40 minute and then the problem come back.

anybody had such a problem?


yair24 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
fordmaneh
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94087
Location: nakusp, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se white

Posts: 1
FF Reputation: 1 fordmaneh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i have same problem

my new ford focus does the same thing had it in twice cant figure out problem. it only happens once in a blue moon last time i was driving and outa nowwhere the message hill start assist is not available message came up like six times in a row then that was it never came on in like 200km so far weird, i hope they figure it out this time did you get yours figured out maybe it is the powershift computer
fordmaneh is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,248
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yair24 View Post
hello,
I got my brand new ford focus station tourer (trend) in november 2011 with the double clutch gear. after 5000 Km I suddenly got an error message "hill start assist not available" and a yellow light of a slipping vehicle was also light.
After this error I notice that the hill start assist realy does not work anymore...
when I stop in a hill even a little hill, then when I start driving the car reversed backward alittle before start driving forward.
I send the car for repair and the car now is in the garage for 4 days and the technical man told me they dont know what is the problem he told me that for example they fix something, the problem apears to be solved, they drive it for 40 minute and then the problem come back.
anybody had such a problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmaneh View Post
my new ford focus does the same thing had it in twice cant figure out problem. it only happens once in a blue moon last time i was driving and outa nowwhere the message hill start assist is not available message came up like six times in a row then that was it never came on in like 200km so far weird, i hope they figure it out this time did you get yours figured out maybe it is the powershift computer
Hi yair24 & fordmaneh,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. You may contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance. Please keep me posted on the results.

Noemi
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Bcdog1123
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98519
Location: Surprise, AZ
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 Bcdog1123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have had this problem also. I have had the car 9 days now and it has happened 3 times. The first 2 times the problem went away in about 20 seconds. It happened again today and I had to restart the car to fix it. Along with the Hill Start message I got the ABS light and the Stability Control System light. Taking it to dealer on Friday.
Bcdog1123 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
mikeeshaq
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Fan#: 72526
Location: Sugar Land,TX ex MN, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Transit Connect

Posts: 1,042
FF Reputation: 15 mikeeshaq Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The OP [original poster] is in Israel in a town south of Haifa
mikeeshaq is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
umbrage
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94798
Location: New York, NY
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5-Door

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 umbrage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Did anyone receive a resolution on this? I've just taken my vehicle to the dealership with the same problem (ABS + stability control lights constantly on, hill assist unavailable message at start-up). As a bonus problem, my speedometer stopped working at the same time.
umbrage is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
umbrage
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94798
Location: New York, NY
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5-Door

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 umbrage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Received a call from the dealer: The issue is a "faulty ABS sensor".

It totally makes sense, given that if the computer can't read the movement of all four wheels, it shouldn't enable power steering, stability control, or give a speedometer reading. I'm sort of impressed that the solution is to just have the car drive like an old car, that doesn't have any fancy technology.
umbrage is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
taanio
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 104639
Location: Exeter, United Kingdom
What I Drive: 2011 focus

Posts: 1
FF Reputation: 1 taanio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Did everyone on this thread end up with the faulty abs sensor diagnosis? Dd this fix the issue? I'm experiencing the same thing on a late 2011 uk focus titanium that I just bought.
taanio is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
umbrage
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94798
Location: New York, NY
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5-Door

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 umbrage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It was definitely the fix in my case.
umbrage is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
nytelyf561
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Fan#: 120186
Location: Makati, Philippines
What I Drive: 2013 Fiesta Sedan 1.6

Posts: 1
FF Reputation: 1 nytelyf561 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrage View Post
Did anyone receive a resolution on this? I've just taken my vehicle to the dealership with the same problem (ABS + stability control lights constantly on, hill assist unavailable message at start-up). As a bonus problem, my speedometer stopped working at the same time.
Very sane thing happen to time. How did it get fixed?
nytelyf561 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.