Am I A Dick? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Am I A Dick?

Ok Guys I come to you with a question, am I a dick for asking this of someone I bought rims from. This is the exact message I sent him (gets a bit long).

Alright dude I have some shitty news, The trip me and my four buddies were going to take to Chicago this weekend got cancelled. One guy bailed so we were down to three, no big deal. Today one of the three called and said he wouldn't be able to go because a water line slipped off the back of his fridge while he was at work, flooded his entire main floor, and leaked into another room in his basement, so he bailed. Now we are down to two. The 3rd and final guy going decides that going to Chicago with two people splitting the gas as well as going out with his friend is going to be too expensive. He told me with his student loan payments, payments on the ring he bought his fiance ($20,000 what a g idiot) and the house they are buying he realizes that maybe the trip was a bad idea.

So here is the situation I am in after everyone bailed on me:

- I am not going to be in Chicago anytime soon because I do not have any family/friends there
- I do not want to pay to have Rims/Tires shipped because I am guessing that would be around $150 so I would rather just wait for a deal that is more local
- Not only thinking about myself but I am sure you don't want to go through the hassle of shipping them. (unless you know of someone coming to MN anytime soon) *fingers crossed*

I should have never bought the rims because me getting them depended on others doing what they said they would....... This usually doesn't seem to work out for me but w/e I am the one that keeps getting into these situations blah blah blah.

I feel really shitty even asking but would you consider refunding the money and putting them back up for sale again? I feel absolutely awful even asking and if you decide to go ahead with the refund I ask that you only give $250 back and not the $300 I paid. Hopefully that will make up for the extra trouble you have had to go through holding them for me and (if you decide, totally up to you) putting them up for sale again. Don't let the sob story I just gave you affect you decision I just wanted you to know exactly what happened because I genuinely feel bad for even asking. If you could let me know I would really appreciate it and again I am sorry.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
nah you're fine man. unfortunately everyone skipped out on you. just happens, are they hard to sell wheels?
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

No he actually had a lot of people interested in them I was just quick with the payment. It was a set of EAP's that included tires with about 2 seasons left on them.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
ah OK... well if the interest is still there, I'm sure theres no problem.

I won a turbo on eBay once... realized it was way too big for me. he then told me it was probably fake so I didn't have to buy it if I didn't want to. only like $60. Decided to research it for him so he had more info (figured more would bid on it) and he relisted it... made twice as much on it.

What I'm trying to say is as long as he can sell them I wouldn't worry about it.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Ya but it is all totally up to him because I already paid for them and he was holding them for me till I could get there. No word on what's going to happen till he hits me back on my PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If I'm him and you give me $50 dollaz I forgivie you. Life happens. (but OM... not gonna put the "G" on... but your 20g for an engagement ring friend is a total moin' idjut) Unless if he's totally loaded. I digress. Off topic. You're cool. See the first sentence.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
not a dick just an ass.. lol jk mane.. crap happens can't do much about it. I put deposit on a bumper and cancelled on the dude since i couldn't make the trip (9hrs one way) so i didnt even bother to ask for the deposit..
Focus Revolution Club
Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Old 05-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
It's a sign. Keep the difference of the deposit and go buy some new friends.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Well he agreed to refund the $250 once he gets paid so that is good, still feels bad bro.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
life happens man, no worries he agreed to refund you the $250 and thats great. you explained the situation and if i were the seller I would have given you a refund as well.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!

Bookmarks & Social Networks