2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released. - Page 29 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #281
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
I'm glad that worked out for you VOLDAR.

It's amazing how much different (quieter) the sound is when the MAF housing is properly suspended from the heat shield. I didn't mention this benefit when I originally did the mods, but the benefit is real. Just that little bit of contact that the housing has with the shield it has out of the box makes a world of difference.

It is a shame that K&N has done nothing to fix that issue, or at least they haven't contacted me about any design changes.

The difference in sound at a given throttle position seems directly related to engine load. If you load it up at 2K - 3K rpm, it will "moan" a bit, especially when loaded with A/C on. Give it a while and your driving habits will change slightly, and you'll be able to avoid the moan. If you're anything like me, you'll become really attached to the "wail" from 3.5K RPM to redline @ WOT!
I still have not done this mod. I would like the noise level to be a bit quieter, so I guess when spring rolls around that'll be the first thing done.

Like you said, it really is a shame K&N hasn't done anything. I'm disappointed, and while I still love the intake, it would have been nice to see a little motivation on their part to make the product "perfect."
HN #167
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #282
ShawnKK
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109459
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 ShawnKK Good Standing Member
AutoAnything gave me the beat price 240.11

I just looked on AutoAnything on the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake System and they say they will beat others price. So I did a online chat and they gave me the K&N system with a free recharge kit (24.95) for 240.11. I was on the fence about this unit and if I jumped off I was going with Amazon but they were 255 and no free recharge kit. So heads up if your looking at this kit.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #283
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK View Post
I just looked on AutoAnything on the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake System and they say they will beat others price. So I did a online chat and they gave me the K&N system with a free recharge kit (24.95) for 240.11. I was on the fence about this unit and if I jumped off I was going with Amazon but they were 255 and no free recharge kit. So heads up if your looking at this kit.
Were they beating the Amazon price? And was the 240 post any coupons? They used to do 15% off for first time buyers.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #284
ShawnKK
Focus Rookie

Amazon price with prime is 255
AA price is 240 FS plus a recharge kit.
So 15 bucks and a recharge kit is the best deal I have seen.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #285
ShawnKK
Focus Rookie

I did a Google search for the K&N system and gave them the SpeckTec price of 224 but they charge for shipping which would came out to 243.89 so he gave it to me for 240 plus the kit for 240.11 Amazon wasn't the cheapest even with Prime.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #286
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK View Post
I did a Google search for the K&N system and gave them the SpeckTec price of 224 but they charge for shipping which would came out to 243.89 so he gave it to me for 240 plus the kit for 240.11 Amazon wasn't the cheapest even with Prime.
So before the $25 off.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #287
screamindman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111867
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE Dark Red

FF Reputation: 1 screamindman Good Standing Member
I already got one and love it. It went on easy and sounds great. I only paid $255 through Amazon with free shipping.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #288
jimbo68
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112681
What I Drive: 2013 LW2 Winning Blue Trend Manual

FF Reputation: 1 jimbo68 Good Standing Member
I've ordered the typhoon for my manual Trend (somewhere between the S & SE in spec for you guys in the States), which is hopefully not too far away from rolling off the plant floor in Thailand ... where Australia now sources our Focus instead of Germany before mid-2012.

By all reports here, is going to be a very 'tactile' mod. Can't wait to liberate a bit of noise from the far-too-quiet engine.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #289
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
Like you said, it really is a shame K&N hasn't done anything. I'm disappointed, and while I still love the intake, it would have been nice to see a little motivation on their part to make the product "perfect."
They might have done something. Recently a guy on Focaljet installed a new Typhoon and said the MAF was centered in the shield pretty well.

Sorry for the late response--not here much anymore.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #290
ShawnKK
Focus Rookie

My K&N came in yesterday and Here is what I think. I have worked with many blueprints and I found the one that came with it could have been better. I like to meet the guy that said he installed it in 10 mins!
As far as the sound goes, you don't even know it is on unless you have a lead foot and yes it makes a great rumble if you get on it. Here is what the wife said "It has a slight bit of a grumble, but once you hit 70 or above it mellows out and purrs".
Now to see how it does on MPG when we take our trip this Friday...

Bookmarks & Social Networks