2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released. - Page 23 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #221
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98205
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
And the MAF housing Steeda uses also has a "velocity stack". Still curious as to how much, if any, of a difference that makes. I also wonder if a different MAF housing make any difference to begin with on our cars. It's pretty smooth and straight from the factory. I guess maybe a larger diameter would allow more air, but what would the effect be on what the MAF is reading?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #222
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A couple of days ago I noticed my engine sputtering and high idle. I popped the hood and saw the air filter had fallen off. The MAF sensor has a slight taper to it, so I ensured it was secured tightly. I did get rear ended a few days ago though. I have put about 2600 miles on my K&N CAI

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #223
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
A couple of days ago I noticed my engine sputtering and high idle. I popped the hood and saw the air filter had fallen off. The MAF sensor has a slight taper to it, so I ensured it was secured tightly. I did get rear ended a few days ago though. I have put about 2600 miles on my K&N CAI
All I can say is, don't over-tighten it. I did this and cracked the flange that the filter clamps onto. The good news is that the MAF housing is only a $7 part from Ford.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #224
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
I guess maybe a larger diameter would allow more air, but what would the effect be on what the MAF is reading?
In general, it's never a good idea to change the diameter of the MAF housing without having the ability to tune. A larger diameter MAF housing will cause the MAF to read low. The PCM can compensate to a limited degree by adjusting the long term fuel trims.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #225
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Craigs how do you like the combo of the race exhaust and the K&N intake? My next big purchase will probably be an exhaust...I can't decide between stealth and race.
HN #167
Old 06-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #226
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
All I can say is, don't over-tighten it. I did this and cracked the flange that the filter clamps onto. The good news is that the MAF housing is only a $7 part from Ford.
$7? That ain't too bad. I would think it would be way more than that. I appreciate the looking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
Craigs how do you like the combo of the race exhaust and the K&N intake? My next big purchase will probably be an exhaust...I can't decide between stealth and race.
Personally I love the sound. I have never heard it from outside the car though. A lot of people say the Race Exhaust is loud, but it doesn't seem loud to me. At 70 MPH using cruise control it is pretty quiet, I just hear a little exhaust music. I enjoy the nice power increase over stock and the K&N looks great under the hood. Its a great combo to me. I am curious about my gains though. I really want to get to a Dyno, just need some free time.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #227
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
If others tell you it's loud then it's loud but to us car guys it might just sound fine plus the younger you are the louder the better.

I'm over too loud of an exhaust since it attracts negative attention and sometimes stealth(ier) is good especially on long highway drives.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #228
moosehead89
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50639
What I Drive: Wait.. What Day is it?

FF Reputation: 2 moosehead89 Good Standing Member
$249.01 shipped from autoanything but the sale ends tonight..... Should I pull the trigger? Man, this is terrible, my car isn't to be delivered for another 2 weeks and the mod bug has bitten me.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #229
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

It's worth the price IMO. The design is very good and it seems to seal well. I punished my Focus today on the twisties, then pulled over and popped the hood. There was a lot of heat from the engine, but everything around the intake was cool (batt box, fuse box, filter, etc.) It was an unscientific test, but impressed me.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #230
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Quote:
$7? That ain't too bad. I would think it would be way more than that. I appreciate the looking out.
No trouble. Yes, I was very surprised by the low price of the part. I had to wait three days for it to arrive. It was torture not driving my three week old car for three days. LOL
Hatch Nation #90

Bookmarks & Social Networks