2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released. - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #91
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 9 Joeywhat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
There's also a lot to be said about supporting the 'good guys', even if it costs a bit more...I'd much rather spend $300 buying from a reputable dealer with good customer service and a good attitude about serving customers versus some eBay crapshoot that may just be some guy 'finding' this stuff and potentially never being there if the wrong thing gets sent or it's damaged, etc.

Much less headache going with the proven source.
Hatch Nation #29
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #92
Doug81
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85686
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Doug81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
There's also a lot to be said about supporting the 'good guys', even if it costs a bit more...I'd much rather spend $300 buying from a reputable dealer with good customer service and a good attitude about serving customers versus some eBay crapshoot that may just be some guy 'finding' this stuff and potentially never being there if the wrong thing gets sent or it's damaged, etc.

Much less headache going with the proven source.

And people keep posting about a magic intake that we can buy for $250 but guess what, there are none being sold for $250 right now.

Just because one sold for $250 once doesn't mean that the intake isn't a deal if it costs more than that.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #93
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug81 View Post
And people keep posting about a magic intake that we can buy for $250 but guess what, there are none being sold for $250 right now.

Just because one sold for $250 once doesn't mean that the intake isn't a deal if it costs more than that.
You are right. This intake is a great deal if its priced under $300. I am a deal hunter so I was at the right site at the right time. You can get a FSWerks intake for under $200, I just didn't care for the way it looked and I didn't like that Steeda's intake used the factory rubber tube. I have been on eBay since 2007 and purchased about 200 items, including a few cars, from all over and I have had one bad deal, it was when the newer Xbox 360 came out and eBay made sure I recieved my money back in full. So I ain't worried, I have a Tracking Number from UPS and I should have my intake by Thursday.

I am curious how accurate K&N's HP numbers are though, I would think it would be at +12 HP Gain like Steeda and FSWerks intakes.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #94
troy-knfilters
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85424
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Taurus SE (FFV) Vulcan

FF Reputation: 1 troy-knfilters Good Standing Member
Hey guys sorry for the lapse in time, I would suggest purchasing the intake as stated before through online resources. The intake system has just been released and K&N cannot do any type of discount at this time. $250.00 is a great price though as some of you are finding online!

Thanks guys,

Troy.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #95
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Got my K&N Intake Today. Here are some pictures of it in the box and unboxed. I will upload some tonight of it installed, I am about to start installing it in a few minutes.

Unboxed
Old 05-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #96
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
Got my K&N Intake Today. Here are some pictures of it in the box and unboxed. I will upload some tonight of it installed, I am about to start installing it in a few minutes.
<snip>
Cool please update us. This and a stereo are what I'm looking at this summer for my car.

I always feel like I'm being taken with these type of items ($300 for that box of stuff seems like a ripoff), but I guess there's no better option and it gets the job done. Most of the cost is in R&D is my guess.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #97
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
I just got mine in too...I'd say I'll race you but you probably already won...
HN #167
Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #98
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantz12 View Post
I just got mine in too...I'd say I'll race you but you probably already won...
I first thought you meant race them on the street, then i realized you meant to install.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #99
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Just finished installing it. Relatively easy to install. Took me so long because I had to look for my tools, wifey moved them on me when I left for Afghanistan last year. I took it for a little drive with the windows down, it sounds great. It has a pretty deep tone for a four banger and it gets louder WOT. Definitely felt a boost in power and responsiveness. Here are the installed pics. If anyone has any questions about the install let me know and I will try my best to answer them.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #100
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
That looks really good! I take it the oem snorkel gets removed?

Bookmarks & Social Networks