2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
troy-knfilters
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85424
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Taurus SE (FFV) Vulcan

FF Reputation: 1 troy-knfilters Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released.

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to let you guys know that K&N has released the kit that YOU helped us with!

Here is the information

K&N Part# 69-3517TS Typhoon Intake system.

Peak HP gain = 9.97 @ 5872rpm
Peak Torque gain = 10.44 @ 4428rpm

Dyno sheet HERE.

A few notes on the dyno, the vehicles that were tested were automatic and ran in second gear on our in-house dyno. More information on dyno testing at K&N can be found HERE.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, thank you once again focusfanatics.com members without you we couldn't have released this kit!

Troy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think you have a broken focus. Stock the autos are putting out close to 150 bhp . . .
Edit: Just saw the disclaimer on the bottom of the dyno sheet. Atleast you were closer to stock than AEM who was dynoing at around 100 bhp

But good to see another new system out on the market!
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
troy-knfilters
Focus Enthusiast

You have to remember Duffman355 - "Furthermore, there are several factors that can affect the SAE corrected horsepower values as measured by K&N or at any other dyno facility. Some of these factors are:"

• Consistency of test parameters
• Tire pressure
• Fuel octane rating
• Vehicle condition
• The atmospheric conditions (dyno correction factors can vary from engine electronic correction factors)

I have heard from other members that the number is 140ish but it sounds like the above factors are playing a big part in the numbers.

Troy.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman355 View Post
I think you have a broken focus. Stock the autos are putting out close to 150 bhp . . .

But good to see another new system out on the market!
The gains are what are more important. Still I think it is overpriced at $500($325 on sale) It needs to be under $300
Old 05-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Don't compare results from multiple dynos. It's not really worth your time. As Troy has mentioned, there are just too many variables. A dyno should really only be used to compare your own results against previous setups.

This is all I would really expect from a CAI, so the tests results seem on par. The dyno sessions should have been ran pretty much back to back (with a cool over period for fairness) to yield the most accurate results.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
The gains are what are more important. Still I think it is overpriced at $500($325 on sale) It needs to be under $300
Will probably be cheaper elsewhere.

It is still under 1k for a intake and exhaust regardless of what you pick which isn't bad.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
They use a acceleration calculator based on weight. So yes their number are off but those number even being off they are great! And their new system is sexy!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
troy-knfilters
Focus Enthusiast

Dyno numbers can be a very touchy subject guys, "while K&N pays close attention to these many factors, and is patient while performing dyno tests, we are not in the position to scrutinize the many facilities that perform dynamometer testing for the general public."

Running a baseline (completely stock) dyno and then installing the kit and retesting at your dyno facility would be a good way to see what your individual gains would be.

Thanks again guys!

Troy.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
JayDeZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97919
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 JayDeZ Good Standing Member
One question. I noticed that on the back side of the intake tube there is what looks like a rubber grommet to mount a vacuum line. Is this indeed a rubber grommet or a screw in adaptor like on the typhoon for the 06-09 Fusion 3.0L?

My concern is that every intake I have owned in the past had gromets like this and they dry out and crack alowing air in after the MAF. Why wasn't a screw in type used with this intake?

BTW, those screw in plast adaptors on the Fusion intake break VERY easily... trust me, i know. But the metal fiting for most air tools are identical in size, shape, and thread but don't run the risk of breaking.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
troy-knfilters
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeZ View Post
One question. I noticed that on the back side of the intake tube there is what looks like a rubber grommet to mount a vacuum line. Is this indeed a rubber grommet or a screw in adaptor like on the typhoon for the 06-09 Fusion 3.0L?

My concern is that every intake I have owned in the past had gromets like this and they dry out and crack alowing air in after the MAF. Why wasn't a screw in type used with this intake?

BTW, those screw in plast adaptors on the Fusion intake break VERY easily... trust me, i know. But the metal fiting for most air tools are identical in size, shape, and thread but don't run the risk of breaking.
Hello JayDeZ! If you ever have an issue with our products PLEASE call in 1-800-858-3333 and speak to customer service, they will ship out the parts to you at NO CHARGE. The focus kit as well as the Fusion kit uses special connections for EVAP and PCV so we cannot use a screw in type connector with these applications.

Troy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks