Door seal rubbery thingy worn! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
meattooth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97031
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, se hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 meattooth Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thanks Ben ill check it out

I know mine is from rubbing. (Really analyzed how I exit when I got home) I park at a pretty steep incline and I plant my elbow right there to pull myself up and out of the seat since im futher back than most. I also inspected tbe bottom part of the seal and its already wearing through where I drag my foot across. Back injury left my left leg and foot numb so I dont even know I drag it most of the time. The rubber is some pretty soft stuff I guess very easy to wear.
Sonic Crew #012 E-123 Omega
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #22
sgmfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101095
What I Drive: 2012 sgm sedan se,sfe package

FF Reputation: 3 sgmfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Shop at Tousley via Ford parts to see their discounted prices from ford parts.com using their zip code to locate the dealer to shop from : 55110

Then you will see the list price as well as their price at the same time.
thanks for the zip code tip over 30.00 dollars cheaper with shipping then my dealer
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #23
HoneyBadger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104860
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 HoneyBadger Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post
I ended up buying a new door seal for about $100 but I haven't installed it yet because I'm afraid we'll just tear it up again. It is still not clear to me why it's torn. Are we rubbing against it getting in and out? Or did the few times we caught the seat belt latch in the door do it? So I trimmed the torn part neatly and am living with it that way for awhile.
I have no idea how you are getting the seat belt caught in the door. I mean when I take mine off I am still in the car with the door closed, and then I open it. The seat belt would barely move to the door, you would have to force it more. Then again this is my car, and a little less worn. Also, if you did get the seat belt stuck, wouldn't the door not close? Sounds like a poor seal on Ford's part.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #24
Auditory
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107610
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Auditory Good Standing Member
Wow, I can't believe they are actually making some of you pay for new door seals. When I bought my car used it was like that with 28k miles. When I brought the car in to do the clutch assembly they fixed it no charge. Also had one of the strings that hold the hatchback cover in the back come off and they replaced it as well. All under warranty.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #25
StingRay
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67421
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 4 StingRay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ford dealers must operate Drastically different from GM dealers. Because when I worked at a caddy dealer it was really hard to get GM to deny a claim, even though it was very clearly a customers fault haha. But, as said before me, with wear in that location it is almost ALWAYS due to rubbing. And unfortunately Ford does not have to cover it under warranty.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #26
tech10002
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104134
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 tech10002 Good Standing Member
Typical Ford to try to avoid paying for something that is their fault. This is an absolutely terrible design. My Focus is 5 months old and the weatherstrip is completely torn on the driver's side and frayed on the passenger side. For anyone tall that needs the seat all the way back, it's impossible not to rub the seal getting in and out of the car. Both my wife and I have tried to avoid rubbing it and never succeed. The 17 year old Civic with 200k miles on it that the Focus replaced had the original door seals. Honda managed to design the door frame so this didn't happen, as did the designer of every car I've ever owned in my life.

So far we have clunking and clanking front suspension, rattles and squeaks from everywhere in the interior, clanking noises from the engine on cold start, distorted speakers, and now disintegrating weatherstrip on a 5 month old car. Really Ford???? I miss my old Civic.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #27
eric s
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105337
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 eric s Good Standing Member
I visited the Detroit auto show on opening day and closing day. I looked over a tuxedo black ST on both days. The drivers side seal was completely shredded. Hanging in ribbons. That was the only vehicle where I saw any appreciable damage after a week of show goers.
What a poor design!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #28
meattooth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97031
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, se hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 meattooth Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Wow! That seal is pretty soft it doesn't take much I guess.
Sonic Crew #012 E-123 Omega
Old 02-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #29
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
I think Autozone carries a universal type like that. Direct replacement at way less and likely of better quality. Might be worth checking into.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #30
Supramk3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96347
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver S 31.01.2012 BD

FF Reputation: 3 Supramk3 Good Standing Member
Id never pay for a replacement door seal if it tore like that under the bumper to bumper coverage. thats complete horse crap for them to make you pay for something like that under the 36000 miles. wow... id be fighting that one HARD, and telling the dealership youll never give them future business and spread the word on how their customer satisfaction is terrible.

Bookmarks & Social Networks