Dumb Newbie Question: What Does "Job 2" Mean? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast
 
Richs10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 95786
Location: Annapolis, MD
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Posts: 138
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dumb Newbie Question: What Does "Job 2" Mean?

I see people talking about Job 2 a lot, but I can't seem to find out what that means. Was there a major change in the Focus builds over the last year?
Thanks,
Rich


__________________
Leather, Nav/MFT, Moonroof, 18" wheels, Handling & Winter Packages, Remote Start.
Echomaster DRLs.
Richs10 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,148
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
I see people talking about Job 2 a lot, but I can't seem to find out what that means. Was there a major change in the Focus builds over the last year?
Thanks,
Rich
Yes there were several changes made to the later builds but not any major structural changes.

Job 1 builds were cars built and sold from 1/31/11 until 3/4/12. Job 1 means the initial run of a particular model year. Any significant change in the features or in process updates can trigger a new Job number, but so far we're only on Job 2 for the 2012 Ford Focus, and that's ok, that means there hasn't been a constant need to revise the product so far.

The feature changes for Job 2 builds were initially supposed to start on 3/5/12 but not all of the features were available until closer to 4/15-4/23/12.

The changes were as follows:

Delete Black (UA) - This was due to Tuxedo black being returned to the color palate instead of the flat Ebony Black.

Added standard grill shutter system where previously it was not available across all models and trims. This helps fuel economy.

Added 4 way head restraints, these ratchet forward 3-4 clicks then snap back as well as going up and down, these were not available until the middle or almost the end of April 2012.

Federal (50 state) emissions cars feature a Flex-Fuel E85 compatible fuel system, lines and sensors to adjust parameters for any blend of ethanol from E0-E85, this is better if the government continues to push for a higher concentration of the corrosive ethanol to try and displace gasoline as a motor fuel.

Changes to the PZEV and California emissions controls.

Last edited by suss6052; 05-04-2012 at 11:27 AM.
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast
 
Richs10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 95786
Location: Annapolis, MD
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Posts: 138
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks, Suss.
__________________
Leather, Nav/MFT, Moonroof, 18" wheels, Handling & Winter Packages, Remote Start.
Echomaster DRLs.
Richs10 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
electech
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85620
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 312
FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The change you will see on the outside is the Flex Fuel emblem on the back and the yellow filler neck. It has been stated that even if you don't run ethanol that you will have better fuel lines and other components designed to handle the more abrasive, for lack of a better word, ethanol. In theory, you should have a better longevity on the fuel system, not that there was anything wrong with it to start with. I don't think this applies to California emissions vehicles, whichever states get those.
electech is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98064
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

Posts: 570
FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So wait - the SFE shutters are now on every build? That's cool.
Bimmer-Bob is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
HOTFOCUS101
Focus Enthusiast
 
HOTFOCUS101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96284
Location: AUBURN HILLS, MI
What I Drive: 2010 White Suede SEL focus -

Posts: 217
FF Reputation: 1 HOTFOCUS101 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks
__________________
HOTFOCUS101 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,148
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
So wait - the SFE shutters are now on every build? That's cool.
Well yes, although its just referred to as the Active Grill Shutter system, not the SFE shutters, although that was the only car initially launched to have them the entire time due to the tweaks made for fuel economy along side the lower rolling resistance 16" continental tires and the more aerodynamic wheel covers.
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89399
Location: Weston, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 532
FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Yes there were several changes made to the later builds but not any major structural changes.

Job 1 builds were cars built and sold from 1/31/11 until 3/4/12. Job 1 means the initial run of a particular model year. Any significant change in the features or in process updates can trigger a new Job number, but so far we're only on Job 2 for the 2012 Ford Focus, and that's ok, that means there hasn't been a constant need to revise the product so far.

The feature changes for Job 2 builds were initially supposed to start on 3/5/12 but not all of the features were available until closer to 4/15-4/23/12.

The changes were as follows:

Delete Black (UA) - This was due to Tuxedo black being returned to the color palate instead of the flat Ebony Black.

Added standard grill shutter system where previously it was not available across all models and trims. This helps fuel economy.

Added 4 way head restraints, these ratchet forward 3-4 clicks then snap back as well as going up and down, these were not available until the middle or almost the end of April 2012.

Federal (50 state) emissions cars feature a Flex-Fuel E85 compatible fuel system, lines and sensors to adjust parameters for any blend of ethanol from E0-E85, this is better if the government continues to push for a higher concentration of the corrosive ethanol to try and displace gasoline as a motor fuel.

Changes to the PZEV and California emissions controls.
In addition (I copied this from Wikipedia):

Running Changes

Color choices were restricted during summer 2011, due to supply issues caused by the 2011 Japanese earthquake/tsunami. When black and dark blue returned they were replaced by different shades, although the phaseout of Kona Blue in favor of Sonic Blue had been planned. In January 2012, Ford announced that the formerly automatic-only Titanium model would be offered with a manual transmission. In March 2012, Ford revised the ordering guide for the Titanium models to also have a MyFord Touch delete option, replacing it with the non-touch version of MyFord. Although MyFord Touch is an $995 option on SEL models and the PowerShift automatic a $1095 option on S and SE, no discount is applied to either manual or non-Touch Titanium models.

There is a $395 credit for Titanium customers who want the MyFord Sync. I think that this is a good option for peeps who want push button start/smart entry, but does not want to put up with the MyFord Touch problems. Ford is gradually listening to us and I hope that things get better from here. Unfortunately, the stick shift costs the same as the DCT, as confirmed by many posters and Wikipedia.

When I tried to spec a Titanium without the MyFord Touch, why does it require me to get navigation? Also, when I put it in, it said that the net price change will be +$795. That is wierd!
danyall2010 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,148
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
In March 2012, Ford revised the ordering guide for the Titanium models to also have a MyFord Touch delete option, replacing it with the non-touch version of MyFord. Although MyFord Touch is an $995 option on SEL models and the PowerShift automatic a $1095 option on S and SE, no discount is applied to either manual or non-Touch Titanium models.[/B]

There is a $395 credit for Titanium customers who want the MyFord Sync. I think that this is a good option for peeps who want push button start/smart entry, but does not want to put up with the MyFord Touch problems. Ford is gradually listening to us and I hope that things get better from here. Unfortunately, the stick shift costs the same as the DCT, as confirmed by many posters and Wikipedia.

When I tried to spec a Titanium without the MyFord Touch, why does it require me to get navigation? Also, when I put it in, it said that the net price change will be +$795. That is wierd!
There is a discount for the sync system, on any SE,SEL, or Titanium but you can't spec a Titanium without MFT, your only choice is with or with out navigation but all Titanium models come with MFT. As far as I've seen unless its a fleet only option there is no way to remove MFT from a Titanium.
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89399
Location: Weston, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 532
FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
There is a discount for the sync system, on any SE,SEL, or Titanium but you can't spec a Titanium without MFT, your only choice is with or with out navigation but all Titanium models come with MFT. As far as I've seen unless its a fleet only option there is no way to remove MFT from a Titanium.
Go spec the Titanium at Ford.com and see for yourself that you can delete the MFT, but makes you add the navigation. What gives?
danyall2010 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.