Dumb Newbie Question: What Does "Job 2" Mean? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dumb Newbie Question: What Does "Job 2" Mean?

I see people talking about Job 2 a lot, but I can't seem to find out what that means. Was there a major change in the Focus builds over the last year?
Thanks,
Rich

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
I see people talking about Job 2 a lot, but I can't seem to find out what that means. Was there a major change in the Focus builds over the last year?
Thanks,
Rich
Yes there were several changes made to the later builds but not any major structural changes.

Job 1 builds were cars built and sold from 1/31/11 until 3/4/12. Job 1 means the initial run of a particular model year. Any significant change in the features or in process updates can trigger a new Job number, but so far we're only on Job 2 for the 2012 Ford Focus, and that's ok, that means there hasn't been a constant need to revise the product so far.

The feature changes for Job 2 builds were initially supposed to start on 3/5/12 but not all of the features were available until closer to 4/15-4/23/12.

The changes were as follows:

Delete Black (UA) - This was due to Tuxedo black being returned to the color palate instead of the flat Ebony Black.

Added standard grill shutter system where previously it was not available across all models and trims. This helps fuel economy.

Added 4 way head restraints, these ratchet forward 3-4 clicks then snap back as well as going up and down, these were not available until the middle or almost the end of April 2012.

Federal (50 state) emissions cars feature a Flex-Fuel E85 compatible fuel system, lines and sensors to adjust parameters for any blend of ethanol from E0-E85, this is better if the government continues to push for a higher concentration of the corrosive ethanol to try and displace gasoline as a motor fuel.

Changes to the PZEV and California emissions controls.

Last edited by suss6052; 05-04-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Thanks, Suss.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85620
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
The change you will see on the outside is the Flex Fuel emblem on the back and the yellow filler neck. It has been stated that even if you don't run ethanol that you will have better fuel lines and other components designed to handle the more abrasive, for lack of a better word, ethanol. In theory, you should have a better longevity on the fuel system, not that there was anything wrong with it to start with. I don't think this applies to California emissions vehicles, whichever states get those.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
So wait - the SFE shutters are now on every build? That's cool.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
HOTFOCUS101
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96284
What I Drive: 2010 White Suede SEL focus -

FF Reputation: 1 HOTFOCUS101 Good Standing Member
Thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
So wait - the SFE shutters are now on every build? That's cool.
Well yes, although its just referred to as the Active Grill Shutter system, not the SFE shutters, although that was the only car initially launched to have them the entire time due to the tweaks made for fuel economy along side the lower rolling resistance 16" continental tires and the more aerodynamic wheel covers.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Yes there were several changes made to the later builds but not any major structural changes.

Job 1 builds were cars built and sold from 1/31/11 until 3/4/12. Job 1 means the initial run of a particular model year. Any significant change in the features or in process updates can trigger a new Job number, but so far we're only on Job 2 for the 2012 Ford Focus, and that's ok, that means there hasn't been a constant need to revise the product so far.

The feature changes for Job 2 builds were initially supposed to start on 3/5/12 but not all of the features were available until closer to 4/15-4/23/12.

The changes were as follows:

Delete Black (UA) - This was due to Tuxedo black being returned to the color palate instead of the flat Ebony Black.

Added standard grill shutter system where previously it was not available across all models and trims. This helps fuel economy.

Added 4 way head restraints, these ratchet forward 3-4 clicks then snap back as well as going up and down, these were not available until the middle or almost the end of April 2012.

Federal (50 state) emissions cars feature a Flex-Fuel E85 compatible fuel system, lines and sensors to adjust parameters for any blend of ethanol from E0-E85, this is better if the government continues to push for a higher concentration of the corrosive ethanol to try and displace gasoline as a motor fuel.

Changes to the PZEV and California emissions controls.
In addition (I copied this from Wikipedia):

Running Changes

Color choices were restricted during summer 2011, due to supply issues caused by the 2011 Japanese earthquake/tsunami. When black and dark blue returned they were replaced by different shades, although the phaseout of Kona Blue in favor of Sonic Blue had been planned. In January 2012, Ford announced that the formerly automatic-only Titanium model would be offered with a manual transmission. In March 2012, Ford revised the ordering guide for the Titanium models to also have a MyFord Touch delete option, replacing it with the non-touch version of MyFord. Although MyFord Touch is an $995 option on SEL models and the PowerShift automatic a $1095 option on S and SE, no discount is applied to either manual or non-Touch Titanium models.

There is a $395 credit for Titanium customers who want the MyFord Sync. I think that this is a good option for peeps who want push button start/smart entry, but does not want to put up with the MyFord Touch problems. Ford is gradually listening to us and I hope that things get better from here. Unfortunately, the stick shift costs the same as the DCT, as confirmed by many posters and Wikipedia.

When I tried to spec a Titanium without the MyFord Touch, why does it require me to get navigation? Also, when I put it in, it said that the net price change will be +$795. That is wierd!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
In March 2012, Ford revised the ordering guide for the Titanium models to also have a MyFord Touch delete option, replacing it with the non-touch version of MyFord. Although MyFord Touch is an $995 option on SEL models and the PowerShift automatic a $1095 option on S and SE, no discount is applied to either manual or non-Touch Titanium models.[/B]

There is a $395 credit for Titanium customers who want the MyFord Sync. I think that this is a good option for peeps who want push button start/smart entry, but does not want to put up with the MyFord Touch problems. Ford is gradually listening to us and I hope that things get better from here. Unfortunately, the stick shift costs the same as the DCT, as confirmed by many posters and Wikipedia.

When I tried to spec a Titanium without the MyFord Touch, why does it require me to get navigation? Also, when I put it in, it said that the net price change will be +$795. That is wierd!
There is a discount for the sync system, on any SE,SEL, or Titanium but you can't spec a Titanium without MFT, your only choice is with or with out navigation but all Titanium models come with MFT. As far as I've seen unless its a fleet only option there is no way to remove MFT from a Titanium.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
There is a discount for the sync system, on any SE,SEL, or Titanium but you can't spec a Titanium without MFT, your only choice is with or with out navigation but all Titanium models come with MFT. As far as I've seen unless its a fleet only option there is no way to remove MFT from a Titanium.
Go spec the Titanium at Ford.com and see for yourself that you can delete the MFT, but makes you add the navigation. What gives?

Bookmarks & Social Networks