TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 56 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #551
fatfocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
fatfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90985
Location: Bowmanville, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Sedan

Posts: 148
FF Reputation: 1 fatfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I had this done in June. I thought it was great, for a few hours, until the car began misbehaving...jerking on acceleration in 1st gear, a loss of power shifting into fourth, some rather loud rattling from the transmission and an occasional "thrumming " sound while shifting gears. I first thought that maybe the transmission had to work out a few things before it settled into a perfect, normal routine. However, it didn't settle down and it didn't get worse, it just continued to be the same noisy transmission. So, I found the time to get it looked at finally, on Monday. When I was at work that day, my favourite Ford Store called saying asking if I needed a car rental, as my transmission did indeed have a technical problem that may take a few day to be repaired. I didn't get the opportunity to ask exactly what happened, but I will find out. I have a theory, but, I'm only a layman, no mechanic here. I have always said that cars are like people, they are not perfect and will disappoint you at some point. What makes them good is what they do when things go bad. Ford is doing that with my transmission.
__________________
Now: 2012 SEL Sedan, with Selectshift Transmission, 17" Polished Aluminum Rims, K&N Air Filter
Previously: 2000 White ZTS, 15" Painted Aluminium Rims
www.focuscanada.net member
fatfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #552
12focussel
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102923
Location: fargo, ND
What I Drive: 2012, Red, Focus SEL

Posts: 4
FF Reputation: 1 12focussel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi,
This is my first post on this forum and just wanted to give update on my 2012 focus sel build date 10-2011. I started hearing the rattle/grinding noise when it hit about 1700 miles and now after TSB 12B37 done in may and now with 7100 miles im still hearing the noises from the powershift transmission. I called my dealer on 8-21 and told them i had the tsb done and im still hearing the noises and he said they just got done working on another 2012 focus with the same issues and they are ordering a clutch kit for my car i didnt even need to bring my car in for them to hear the noise must be a known issue and ford is hopefully stepping up to fix this issue! Sounds like my car goes in next week for new clutches. I will keep you guys updated after repair!
12focussel is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #553
fatfocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
fatfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90985
Location: Bowmanville, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Sedan

Posts: 148
FF Reputation: 1 fatfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12focussel View Post
Hi,
This is my first post on this forum and just wanted to give update on my 2012 focus sel build date 10-2011. I started hearing the rattle/grinding noise when it hit about 1700 miles and now after TSB 12B37 done in may and now with 7100 miles im still hearing the noises from the powershift transmission. I called my dealer on 8-21 and told them i had the tsb done and im still hearing the noises and he said they just got done working on another 2012 focus with the same issues and they are ordering a clutch kit for my car i didnt even need to bring my car in for them to hear the noise must be a known issue and ford is hopefully stepping up to fix this issue! Sounds like my car goes in next week for new clutches. I will keep you guys updated after repair!
I got my SEL back today. Ford replaced the dual clutch assembly and two input seals. The only cost to me was the cost of fuel in the fiesta ( with a DCT ) that was rented for me, ( my choice ). I have driven the car for 6 kilometers in rush hour stop and go driving, and some highway. It's running great
__________________
Now: 2012 SEL Sedan, with Selectshift Transmission, 17" Polished Aluminum Rims, K&N Air Filter
Previously: 2000 White ZTS, 15" Painted Aluminium Rims
www.focuscanada.net member
fatfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #554
12focussel
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102923
Location: fargo, ND
What I Drive: 2012, Red, Focus SEL

Posts: 4
FF Reputation: 1 12focussel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford replaced the dual clutch assembly

Update on my 2012 ford focus sel with the grinding noise when shifts from 1-2, 2-3. My ford dealer replaced the dual clutch assembly and seals i have about 300 miles on it since the work was done and theres no sign of the grinding noise anymore! The shifts feel better and very smooth! The grinding noise people are hearing are not normal and hopefully people with this issue can get there dealer to get this fixed as my dealer did for me! I will give another update after i get back from my 700 mile road trip in two weeks!
12focussel is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #555
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 95846
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

Posts: 151
FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thank you for this update and thank you in advance for letting us know how it is after the trip.
InfinityCubed is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #556
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,716
FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12focussel View Post
Update on my 2012 ford focus sel with the grinding noise when shifts from 1-2, 2-3. My ford dealer replaced the dual clutch assembly and seals i have about 300 miles on it since the work was done and theres no sign of the grinding noise anymore! The shifts feel better and very smooth! The grinding noise people are hearing are not normal and hopefully people with this issue can get there dealer to get this fixed as my dealer did for me! I will give another update after i get back from my 700 mile road trip in two weeks!
Thank you, baby Jesus. If only they would spread the word.
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #557
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict
 
BiggerBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85913
Location: MAUMEE, OH
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

Posts: 712
FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12focussel View Post
Update on my 2012 ford focus sel with the grinding noise when shifts from 1-2, 2-3. My ford dealer replaced the dual clutch assembly and seals i have about 300 miles on it since the work was done and theres no sign of the grinding noise anymore! The shifts feel better and very smooth! The grinding noise people are hearing are not normal and hopefully people with this issue can get there dealer to get this fixed as my dealer did for me! I will give another update after i get back from my 700 mile road trip in two weeks!

I look forward to more of these posts so that people will stop saying "The Focus DCT is a bad tranny" and replace that statement with "I got a bad tranny". (Poor Quality Control)
BiggerBoat is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #558
ccelaya
Focus Enthusiast
 
ccelaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92465
Location: MTY, Mexico
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey - Focus HB Sport

Posts: 157
FF Reputation: 1 ccelaya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfocus View Post
I got my SEL back today. Ford replaced the dual clutch assembly and two input seals. The only cost to me was the cost of fuel in the fiesta ( with a DCT ) that was rented for me, ( my choice ). I have driven the car for 6 kilometers in rush hour stop and go driving, and some highway. It's running great

do you know if there is another TSB describing this fix?...
can you please scan your service order / receipt?
ccelaya is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #559
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,091
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12focussel View Post
Update on my 2012 ford focus sel with the grinding noise when shifts from 1-2, 2-3. My ford dealer replaced the dual clutch assembly and seals i have about 300 miles on it since the work was done and theres no sign of the grinding noise anymore! The shifts feel better and very smooth! The grinding noise people are hearing are not normal and hopefully people with this issue can get there dealer to get this fixed as my dealer did for me! I will give another update after i get back from my 700 mile road trip in two weeks!
Woohoo! What awesome news! Definitely check back in and let us know how the road trip goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
Thank you for this update and thank you in advance for letting us know how it is after the trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Thank you, baby Jesus. If only they would spread the word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I look forward to more of these posts so that people will stop saying "The Focus DCT is a bad tranny" and replace that statement with "I got a bad tranny". (Poor Quality Control)
More information is always a good thing. Keep me updated if you guys have similar results.

-Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #560
dan50
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91789
Location: Too much info, IL
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Posts: 1,152
FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I look forward to more of these posts so that people will stop saying "The Focus DCT is a bad tranny" and replace that statement with "I got a bad tranny". (Poor Quality Control)
I get your point, but what % of owners have to "get a bad one" before we conclude its a "bad transmission"? I find it hard to believe any transmission on any modern car has been this troublesome to its owners this early in its life.

It doesn't seem to matter whether the issue is design or quality control: both can create problems, both can be fixed; the owner is in the same position either way.
dan50 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.