TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 56 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #551
fatfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90985
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 fatfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I had this done in June. I thought it was great, for a few hours, until the car began misbehaving...jerking on acceleration in 1st gear, a loss of power shifting into fourth, some rather loud rattling from the transmission and an occasional "thrumming " sound while shifting gears. I first thought that maybe the transmission had to work out a few things before it settled into a perfect, normal routine. However, it didn't settle down and it didn't get worse, it just continued to be the same noisy transmission. So, I found the time to get it looked at finally, on Monday. When I was at work that day, my favourite Ford Store called saying asking if I needed a car rental, as my transmission did indeed have a technical problem that may take a few day to be repaired. I didn't get the opportunity to ask exactly what happened, but I will find out. I have a theory, but, I'm only a layman, no mechanic here. I have always said that cars are like people, they are not perfect and will disappoint you at some point. What makes them good is what they do when things go bad. Ford is doing that with my transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #552
12focussel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102923
What I Drive: 2012, Red, Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 12focussel Good Standing Member
Hi,
This is my first post on this forum and just wanted to give update on my 2012 focus sel build date 10-2011. I started hearing the rattle/grinding noise when it hit about 1700 miles and now after TSB 12B37 done in may and now with 7100 miles im still hearing the noises from the powershift transmission. I called my dealer on 8-21 and told them i had the tsb done and im still hearing the noises and he said they just got done working on another 2012 focus with the same issues and they are ordering a clutch kit for my car i didnt even need to bring my car in for them to hear the noise must be a known issue and ford is hopefully stepping up to fix this issue! Sounds like my car goes in next week for new clutches. I will keep you guys updated after repair!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #553
fatfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90985
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 fatfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12focussel View Post
Hi,
This is my first post on this forum and just wanted to give update on my 2012 focus sel build date 10-2011. I started hearing the rattle/grinding noise when it hit about 1700 miles and now after TSB 12B37 done in may and now with 7100 miles im still hearing the noises from the powershift transmission. I called my dealer on 8-21 and told them i had the tsb done and im still hearing the noises and he said they just got done working on another 2012 focus with the same issues and they are ordering a clutch kit for my car i didnt even need to bring my car in for them to hear the noise must be a known issue and ford is hopefully stepping up to fix this issue! Sounds like my car goes in next week for new clutches. I will keep you guys updated after repair!
I got my SEL back today. Ford replaced the dual clutch assembly and two input seals. The only cost to me was the cost of fuel in the fiesta ( with a DCT ) that was rented for me, ( my choice ). I have driven the car for 6 kilometers in rush hour stop and go driving, and some highway. It's running great
Old 09-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #554
12focussel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102923
What I Drive: 2012, Red, Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 12focussel Good Standing Member
Ford replaced the dual clutch assembly

Update on my 2012 ford focus sel with the grinding noise when shifts from 1-2, 2-3. My ford dealer replaced the dual clutch assembly and seals i have about 300 miles on it since the work was done and theres no sign of the grinding noise anymore! The shifts feel better and very smooth! The grinding noise people are hearing are not normal and hopefully people with this issue can get there dealer to get this fixed as my dealer did for me! I will give another update after i get back from my 700 mile road trip in two weeks!
Old 09-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #555
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Thank you for this update and thank you in advance for letting us know how it is after the trip.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #556
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Update on my 2012 ford focus sel with the grinding noise when shifts from 1-2, 2-3. My ford dealer replaced the dual clutch assembly and seals i have about 300 miles on it since the work was done and theres no sign of the grinding noise anymore! The shifts feel better and very smooth! The grinding noise people are hearing are not normal and hopefully people with this issue can get there dealer to get this fixed as my dealer did for me! I will give another update after i get back from my 700 mile road trip in two weeks!
Thank you, baby Jesus. If only they would spread the word.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #557
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:

I look forward to more of these posts so that people will stop saying "The Focus DCT is a bad tranny" and replace that statement with "I got a bad tranny". (Poor Quality Control)
Old 09-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #558
ccelaya
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92465
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey - Focus HB Sport

FF Reputation: 1 ccelaya Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfocus View Post
I got my SEL back today. Ford replaced the dual clutch assembly and two input seals. The only cost to me was the cost of fuel in the fiesta ( with a DCT ) that was rented for me, ( my choice ). I have driven the car for 6 kilometers in rush hour stop and go driving, and some highway. It's running great

do you know if there is another TSB describing this fix?...
can you please scan your service order / receipt?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #559
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Woohoo! What awesome news! Definitely check back in and let us know how the road trip goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
Thank you for this update and thank you in advance for letting us know how it is after the trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Thank you, baby Jesus. If only they would spread the word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I look forward to more of these posts so that people will stop saying "The Focus DCT is a bad tranny" and replace that statement with "I got a bad tranny". (Poor Quality Control)
More information is always a good thing. Keep me updated if you guys have similar results.

-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #560
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I get your point, but what % of owners have to "get a bad one" before we conclude its a "bad transmission"? I find it hard to believe any transmission on any modern car has been this troublesome to its owners this early in its life.

It doesn't seem to matter whether the issue is design or quality control: both can create problems, both can be fixed; the owner is in the same position either way.

Bookmarks & Social Networks