TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 55 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #541
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97078
What I Drive: used to drive 2012 focus w/dct

FF Reputation: 1 fordblue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zehkaiser View Post
Better than my Lincoln would! I usually take the I-240 to I-26 interchange at about 40mph. The car doesn't mind a bit, but people don't usually like it... a bit noisy, though.
hee hee, Off topic but I know that curve. I lived near meadows town road in a small town called marshall...........small world. What the heck am I doing in puerto rico? That I can not explain..........Lordy. I miss that place,Im just glad Im retired. Them hills are as steep as a mules face! But I love it there. you lucky devil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #542
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Well I got it fixed "WOW" what a difference. All that mess for that simple a fix?.Now it drives so much different. Yup im happy now. And the dealer was very nice this time. I think I raised so much stink they took real good care of me.They actually offered me a different car. swap for something else. But now Its kinda like driving a different car. Im satisfied now.Time to drink a beer guys. thank goodness this is a done deal.see you around 12 thousand miles.Ill go back to lurking.

Last edited by fordblue; 07-31-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #543
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
The K&N definitely helps with the sluggishness. If you were closer I would let you try it out as I have for a few of the local people that I know. As for buying it, it can be purchased at Autozone and maybe others (Filter E-2993) but can be found for less if you purchase it online. I want to say that I saw it under $40 on Amazon back in the day, though is it listing at $42.60 currently.

http://www.amazon.com/E-2993-Round-P...ar=1&carId=001

Like I said earlier, my car still tends to have confusion on some 90 degree turns. While some others have said that their car 'learned' it, some say theirs hasn't, and I just got used to using the rocker.

Dyn085,

Wanted to follow up and say thanks for the suggestion on the K&N filter helping with the sluggishness!. I got my filter last friday and must say the improvements are quite noticeable for me. Definitely less bogging and WOT is way better than before!.

Thanks again!.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #544
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Dyn085,

Wanted to follow up and say thanks for the suggestion on the K&N filter helping with the sluggishness!. I got my filter last friday and must say the improvements are quite noticeable for me. Definitely less bogging and WOT is way better than before!.

Thanks again!.
I'm glad you are pleased with it!

I've done a lot of testing, on road and dyno, to try and come up with plenty of options for many people who don't want RACECAR and simply want to improve on the cookie cutter we've been handed. I had many of the same little gripes with my car initially. Some things can't be fixed, some take time, some take a little cash, and some take a lot.

On that note, if you want to see another 6-7 hp, then do the snorkel delete and cut one rubber flap underneath it. At that point, we are pretty much exhaust limited...

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
Old 08-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #545
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Sent ya a PM about that Dyn085!

THanks!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #546
BPEW584
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101933
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 BPEW584 Good Standing Member
Got mine updated, and am totally satisfied... Shifts are much smoother!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #547
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordblue View Post
The 2012 ford focus in my opinion is a junker.I am so sorry Ive bought this car. Last ford I will ever drive. you Lost another customer ford. Its a sad day when hyundai and kia blow away a ford car. Finally ford has psuedo addressed these problems. But its too little and way too late for me. I hate this car. Its too unpredictable and is a nuisance to drive. I wished it was "poof" gone. I will trade it in when I can afford it. And this time im going foriegn! Thank you ford motor company , You have destroyed any faith a whole lot of people had in you. You coulD always do what you do best.
BURY YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND!
Quote:
Well I got it fixed "WOW" what a difference. All that mess for that simple a fix?.Now it drives so much different. Yup im happy now. And the dealer was very nice this time. I think I raised so much stink they took real good care of me.They actually offered me a different car. swap for something else. But now Its kinda like driving a different car. Im satisfied now.Time to drink a beer guys. thank goodness this is a done deal.see you around 12 thousand miles.Ill go back to lurking.
Wow quite the transformation. So you're not going to go buy a Hyundai now?

If only Allyy had the same experience, he/she might still be around these parts....

Last edited by kam327; 08-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #548
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Quote:
Wait, wait, please clarify for me. Did they offer and gave/sell you another car to replace to one you had or are you just talking about a loner while they were working on yours ?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #549
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Wait, wait, please clarify for me. Did they offer and gave/sell you another car to replace to one you had or are you just talking about a loner while they were working on yours ?
yes they did, a escape, I like the focus ,its fixed, im happy, can I now go back to lurking.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #550
Gary_C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95312
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gary_C Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
What did they do? the Reprograming (TSB12B37) that everyone is getting, or something newer?

Bookmarks & Social Networks