TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 54 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #531
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordblue View Post
can I pick number one without destroying my credit? If yes Id be very pleased.
As long as you can "take the heat' and "tank the loss", I don't see why your credit would be destroyed. If you can't do it, then my advice would be to work with Ford and get him solve your problems. Be happy it was not a house you bought, it is only a car. Or wife to merry and then don't like it . THAT would be a "credit destroying" , IMHO .
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #532
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97078
What I Drive: used to drive 2012 focus w/dct

FF Reputation: 1 fordblue Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
As long as you can "take the heat' and "tank the loss", I don't see why your credit would be destroyed. If you can't do it, then my advice would be to work with Ford and get him solve your problems. Be happy it was not a house you bought, it is only a car. Or wife to merry and then don't like it . THAT would be a "credit destroying" , IMHO .
I reckon you might be right voldar. But like I said earlier the dealer refuses to do anything about the sorry transmission. Im not new at this game. Ive had 11 new cars so far. This is the worst. It dont work. Ive really tried to like it but have given up hope. Its not buyers remorse. Its a matter of getting what I paid for. So I got a letter from ford last week explaining the problems with this car, It says the same thing I said months ago. Lets see what they do tuesday. After that I will better understand if its a dealer issue or a corporate issue. regardless I still stand by the customer is always right theory.. oh yea I took a beating in a divorce as well. This aint but doodley squat as compared to that nightmare. If it can not be repaired in the correct fashion. Ill be seeking litigatory rationale. I did buy a new 1996 gt stang and it never seen the dealer, It was superb. What the cotton picking hell happened.?And I am certainly not anti ford, I just want a good dependable car. Am I wrong/. Ill keep you informed afterwards.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #533
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
I can tell you're not very happy with the car. But what exactly is the problem? If it's general "buyer's remorse", there's not much to be done. If it's a problem that can be described though, who knows?

It's not gonna get better by wishing it away. As others have said, the rational thing to do is work with Ford to solve the problem. If you can describe an actual problem, that is.
I can do that.
1. jerky shifts
2. unpredictable acceleration.
3. roll back on slight inclines. but I can live with that!
4. check engine light is on.
5. mash the go pedal and its in a coma.
6. coming up the hill to my house it shifts to a high gear lugging the motor.
7.then its a stallion out of control. It drives me I dont drive it. Could it be alive? with its own mind/?, Fix it and Ill be good.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #534
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,932, Level 33
Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Yup, those are issues some owners have had, including me. Update 12b37 has helped in most cases. Has this been applied to your car?
Old 07-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #535
zehkaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98706
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 1,034, Level 17
Points: 1,034, Level: 17 Points: 1,034, Level: 17 Points: 1,034, Level: 17
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 zehkaiser Good Standing Member
Quote:
I can do that.
1. jerky shifts
7.then its a stallion out of control. It drives me I dont drive it. Could it be alive? with its own mind/?, Fix it and Ill be good.
Sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying your car. I'm not trying to start something here, but maybe it's the way you're driving the car? That sounds bad. Here's what I've learned about MY car.

1. If I drive it with a light foot, it will shift nice and easy (under 3k RPMs). If I drive it with a heavy foot it will shift fast and hard (over 3k RPMs). It is something I expect, as it keeps the transmission from overheating due to slipping clutches.

2. I just haven't experienced this. Maybe try manual sport mode and see if you still have this problem?

3. Ah, yes. The rollback. I get this only when I don't make a complete stop. It makes sense, as the transmission will go neutral when braking at low speeds and anticipates a stop. If you suddenly stop braking you can get the rollback. Make a complete stop at each sign or light, and see if this improves.

4. Dude...Ouch. I'd actually be pissed about that myself.

5. If you don't have power from a dead stop it's probably a combination of torque management and the transmission trying to grab. When I anticipate I'll have to get moving very quickly I give it a bit of gas, and as soon as the car starts rolling I punch it.

6. I've noticed this myself every now and then. I've since gone to sport manual. I'm willing to bet it's just trying to get your higher MPGs, and doesn't realize that you're trying to actually get somewhere...

7. Try learning how the car needs to be driven. I learned when I first got this car that it is NOT like other cars I've driven. Think about it like you're learning to drive for the first time. Just gotta find the way it works best.

Best of luck to you!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #536
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zehkaiser View Post
Sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying your car. I'm not trying to start something here, but maybe it's the way you're driving the car? That sounds bad. Here's what I've learned about MY car.

1. If I drive it with a light foot, it will shift nice and easy (under 3k RPMs). If I drive it with a heavy foot it will shift fast and hard (over 3k RPMs). It is something I expect, as it keeps the transmission from overheating due to slipping clutches.

2. I just haven't experienced this. Maybe try manual sport mode and see if you still have this problem?

3. Ah, yes. The rollback. I get this only when I don't make a complete stop. It makes sense, as the transmission will go neutral when braking at low speeds and anticipates a stop. If you suddenly stop braking you can get the rollback. Make a complete stop at each sign or light, and see if this improves.

4. Dude...Ouch. I'd actually be pissed about that myself.

5. If you don't have power from a dead stop it's probably a combination of torque management and the transmission trying to grab. When I anticipate I'll have to get moving very quickly I give it a bit of gas, and as soon as the car starts rolling I punch it.

6. I've noticed this myself every now and then. I've since gone to sport manual. I'm willing to bet it's just trying to get your higher MPGs, and doesn't realize that you're trying to actually get somewhere...

7. Try learning how the car needs to be driven. I learned when I first got this car that it is NOT like other cars I've driven. Think about it like you're learning to drive for the first time. Just gotta find the way it works best.

Best of luck to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Yup, those are issues some owners have had, including me. Update 12b37 has helped in most cases. Has this been applied to your car?
tuesday Ill know more. Im a reasonable person., update 12b37 on programming scheduled for same day. I hope this finally does the trick.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #537
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

I also know about fletcher hows it handle I240?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #538
zehkaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98706
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 1,034, Level 17
Points: 1,034, Level: 17 Points: 1,034, Level: 17 Points: 1,034, Level: 17
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 zehkaiser Good Standing Member
Better than my Lincoln would! I usually take the I-240 to I-26 interchange at about 40mph. The car doesn't mind a bit, but people don't usually like it... a bit noisy, though.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #539
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
I reckon you might be right voldar. But like I said earlier the dealer refuses to do anything about the sorry transmission...
I am sorry to hear and after everything you posted above, I would definitely change the POS of Dealership service you have right now. In fact, I already did this myself. After a TSB he performed on my car, the DCT became "odd" and he claimed everything is like it should be. I have 3 Ford dealers in my area at no more than 25 km from my house so I got the car to a second one and he fixed it. So, my advice for you would be to change the dealer if you can and get it fixed. I am sure every problem you have right now can be solved.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #540
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

Points 81, Level 1
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I can do that.
1. jerky shifts
I had all seven of the same things try 93 on gas it worked for me

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.