TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 46 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #451
Arnold Ziffel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100689
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Arnold Ziffel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl2012 View Post
no matter how you cut it bigger boat you are in the same boat as we are you also have a 2012 focus.
NH has a great lemon law. buy back my car and order a ST with a standard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #452
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
Im with on that
Old 06-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #453
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
you could drive it in lake wenatchee man i love that lake
Old 06-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #454
focus#3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100555
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 focus#3 Good Standing Member
you are so right. one size fits most but not all. the leftovers that didn't take 12B37 perfectly will have probably have to be treated individually, VIN Specific. I hope this is the case and if so hope ford will act with urgency because I think in this hot weather my hesitations are turning into stalls.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #455
focus#3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100555
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 focus#3 Good Standing Member
sorry, I was responding to biggerboats comments. his explanation of why things are going as they are with 12B37 makes sence. if that's the case wish ford wud just say so. I might have some hope then.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #456
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Got this done a number of weeks ago and immediately after it did seem a little better, but over the past week and a half it has become noticeably worse than before the update. Accelerating from a stop not only shakes the car, but it is also stuttering like the brakes are being tapped several times while the car is trying to go. Also experiencing the car bogging done much worse than it did before, especially when attempting to accelerate in the 15-25mph range. The gas pedal is pressed, but the car just sort of sits there for several seconds before there is any increase in speed at all. This has made for some less than fun, much less safe, city driving for both me and the people around me when it happens. Has anyone else had this happen and have any advice? If it's too much of a hassle I'll probably just start looking for a car that's actually reliable in earnest since I found I owe far less on this one than I thought I did.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #457
manueljones
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98333
What I Drive: 2012 red candy Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 manueljones Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Got this done a number of weeks ago and immediately after it did seem a little better, but over the past week and a half it has become noticeably worse than before the update. Accelerating from a stop not only shakes the car, but it is also stuttering like the brakes are being tapped several times while the car is trying to go. Also experiencing the car bogging done much worse than it did before, especially when attempting to accelerate in the 15-25mph range. The gas pedal is pressed, but the car just sort of sits there for several seconds before there is any increase in speed at all. This has made for some less than fun, much less safe, city driving for both me and the people around me when it happens. Has anyone else had this happen and have any advice? If it's too much of a hassle I'll probably just start looking for a car that's actually reliable in earnest since I found I owe far less on this one than I thought I did.

Mine is same way. Seemed pretty descent until last week then started experiencing similiar results as you. OK on road but sucks when you get in slow moving traffic or lot of stop and start. Have appointment next week at dealer to try and convince it to behave. Car has 02/19/12 build date. Was happy with car as was but Ford sent letter to have updated. Sorry I done it now!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #458
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
I have a question for all who had the update and everything worsened with time: How do you drive your car? Granny style or Fun style? Because I want to understand why such thing may happen. My car is 8/11/2011 and I had the FSA done some 3000 km ago (almost 2 month ago) and it is running strong. I now have 21 540 km on it and I don't drive it easy while in town.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #459
manueljones
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98333
What I Drive: 2012 red candy Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 manueljones Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
I have a question for all who had the update and everything worsened with time: How do you drive your car? Granny style or Fun style? Because I want to understand why such thing may happen. My car is 8/11/2011 and I had the FSA done some 3000 km ago (almost 2 month ago) and it is running strong. I now have 21 540 km on it and I don't drive it easy while in town.

Can't say it is granny style or fun style either. If traffic will allow most shifts are in the 2500 rpm range but in slower traffic sometimes you are lucky to do 20 then the shifts are around 1500. Pretty sure I have been in 4th gear at 20 and car chugging and almost have to floor to get it to behave. I do have the select shift option of choosing my gear but it is an automatic and I want it to automatically choose the right gear. When new I thought it did a very good job in traffic and if had not been reflashed it could have done the same thing on original firmware. After the 12B37 flash it seemed to do a credible job until last week. Not sure what changed but now it is very frustrating in congested traffic or stop, pull up 30 feet stop again. Don't like doing that but sometimes you have no choice. Been driving for over 40 years and this is the quirkiest vehicle I have ever had trouble trying to figure out it's preferences if it has any. Right now I don't think my Focus is a happy camper.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #460
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Thank you for the info, manueljones.
This is my first automatic one in life (+20 years of driving stick), so I might not be used to automatics as some of you are. The only thing I can "complain" about is the fact that it likes to change up gears a little too fast than I would do it with a manual, but I learnt to cope with it and to somewhat control it. Pressing firmly on the gas pedal when I need it to downgrade gears is one of the things I do. When at a certain speed and I feel it is in 6, I let the gas pedal off for 5 seconds then press it gently in a continuous motion and it downshifts without a problem. I can't say how it is in comparison to a "real" automatic, but I know I bought this car because of its tranny. For now, I love it, even though I had to change my driving style a little. I also experienced a problem after a TSB done to it but I get it redone and everything was back as it should. And yes, I changed a FORD shop for this. No remords at all.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.

Bookmarks & Social Networks