TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 42 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #411
Tumdace
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88175
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 Tumdace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This update fixed my issue. Car has so much more power now, and no stuttering.

Before I would have to drive carefully, barely pushing the accelerator. Sometimes if I wanted to merge into a highway or get out of a parking lot, if I pushed the gas down, it would not accelerate as much as it should have for a good 3-4 seconds, then it would kick in, then when I let go of the gas, it would shudder horrifically.

Just pulled out of a parking lot today, pushed the gas, good solid acceleration. No worries. Shifting is smooth, idle shaking of the vehicle is reduced (still shakes a little, I am a little worried about that but I guarantee my dealer will say nothing is wrong).

Finally can enjoy the car I bought 8 months ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #412
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Those with troublesome DCTs please take a look at the second paragraph of Thomas' post. If yours isn't working right after 12B37, PM your symptoms to him.

Rather than communicate your problems back through the dealer network, I believe Thomas will summarize the issues and provide to Ford engineering. This could be a great way for our group to help Ford identify what still isn't working right. Good things could result for all.
Why go through him instead of the dealer? What is the big secret Ford CS has and the dealer doesnt no about it yet. Why doesnt Thomas just come out and say what the problem is.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #413
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumdace View Post
This update fixed my issue. Car has so much more power now, and no stuttering.

Before I would have to drive carefully, barely pushing the accelerator. Sometimes if I wanted to merge into a highway or get out of a parking lot, if I pushed the gas down, it would not accelerate as much as it should have for a good 3-4 seconds, then it would kick in, then when I let go of the gas, it would shudder horrifically.

Just pulled out of a parking lot today, pushed the gas, good solid acceleration. No worries. Shifting is smooth, idle shaking of the vehicle is reduced (still shakes a little, I am a little worried about that but I guarantee my dealer will say nothing is wrong).

Finally can enjoy the car I bought 8 months ago.
I thought mine had power before 12B37, especially in passing vehicles, but after 12B37... it's a big improvement. the car still works marvelously with the transmission update, and I think the adaptive learning process was a positive factor as well.

Oh, there are occasional idle shudders, but nothing near how it was, and as this is an "automated manual transmission" rather than an "automatic transmission", I've read some of the issues afoot are not entirely abnormal. Or not to worry about and I've not.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #414
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
Why go through him instead of the dealer? What is the big secret Ford CS has and the dealer doesnt no about it yet. Why doesnt Thomas just come out and say what the problem is.
You are a hard guy to help. Look, Thomas doesn't know what the problem is, and Customer Servce probably doesn't either,
but he has offered to take our collective concerns to Ford's engineering department to see if there are solutions. The DCT issues are probably in the software - the dealers can't fiddle with this on their own, so Ford has to come up with the solution. Maybe our residual concerns will point out something useful.

We're very good at complaining here; we should be delighted that Ford is willing to listen to us.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #415
primetime
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100063
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 primetime Good Standing Member
Walked in the other day, told them that I had some problems with the transmission shuddering on low speed. They looked it up, saw the recall on a few things and they scheduled me in to get the upgrade done.

Just got it back and the ride seems smoother. I'm going to give it a few days to see how it goes with the adaptive learning, but so far I like the responsiveness of the car after the upgrade.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #416
boilersox
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96712
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 boilersox Good Standing Member
I liked it after the update. Now about 800 miles after the update, it seems worse than it was before the update. Everyone talking about more power, I feel like I have less power. Unless I drive granny style, it's a pain in the ass. I usually drive mostly highway, however the other day was driving in the city, and it was an awful experience.

And when in reverse, I have to give it a lot of gas for it to even budge. After putting it in drive, I then start to sputter out of the parking lot.

Runs much better in 'S' than Drive. Maybe I "learned" it wrong.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #417
allyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfocus View Post
So, what's the real reason for this FSA?
It is a recall on fords part not the government
They do it with out being told
Old 06-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #418
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
It is a recall on fords part not the government
They do it with out being told
Its not a recall. Recalls are safety related, mandated by the Government. Like the Recalls that are now going on for the 2010-2012 Chevy Cruizes, 475,418 of them for engines fires, along with another 249 for bad welds on the gas tank bracket. Good job GM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1619289.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michelin...l-chevy-cruze/

http://news.yahoo.com/gm-recalls-475...--finance.html

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #419
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
VOLDAR and Kaaru -

I your "thanks" with open arms! I'll do the research on my end and post any findings next week.

Rememo -

Yes, this is what I meant! I'll remember to edit my posts sometimes. By the way, thanks for the link. Ford Owner will also come in handy: http://Owner.Ford.com/servlet/Conten.../Page/HomePage.

dan50 -

I'll need the VIN as well. This way, our team can keep a tally and look into each specific vehicle.

I'm excited to see how many PMs I'll receive! I may need to make more room in my inbox.

Cordially,

Thomas
I sent you my VIN. Extremely worried that transmission isn't going to hold up in this thing.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #420
allyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
Its not a recall. Recalls are safety related, mandated by the Government. Like the Recalls that are now going on for the 2010-2012 Chevy Cruizes, 475,418 of them for engines fires, along with another 249 for bad welds on the gas tank bracket. Good job GM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1619289.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michelin...l-chevy-cruze/

http://news.yahoo.com/gm-recalls-475...--finance.html
It is a recall by ford they do not have to wait for the government to say they have to do something about the roll back probelem. I would like you to PM Thomas and he will explain it to you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->