TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 35 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #341
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Man, it seem obvious to me you and allyy have physically defective DCT units. No amount of updates is gonna fix it. A majority of posters report going from minor problem to smooth as butter or moderate problems to smooth. Has your dealer let you take a test drive in another Focus on the lot? if you think that one is bad also, you my be crazy. If it's better, make a dealer tech go for a test drive in your car AND the test unit and demand that they make yours work like other one. I know I make it sound easy as I have a very good dealer and you may have a jerky one.
Not just us, but go on YouTube and look up Mercmilan06's channel. He has been complaining about the transmission, even after the 12B37 update. In fact, he made several videos complaining about the transmission (noise, responsiveness, etc). It got so bad that (along with the MyFord Touch issues) that he got rid of the car and got the Candy Red 2012 Ford Fusion Sport. Like us, he had very high hopes for the car and in the end, he was let down.

By the way, I still love the car and have hopes for it. I will still give my transmission time before I take it in. Right now, I have a new job, so I can not be taking time off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #342
FLSVT04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60256
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 FLSVT04 Good Standing Member
12b37

I had the latest update to my transmission already before having 12B37 done. I liked it much better before the update. The MFT is having problems now. Like someone in this POST said before. The info is now less. I used to get song titles scrolling and Street info in the Nav quadrant. Now I get niether after a full reset. Also the same phone that worked fine before (HTC Wildfire) now has problems. It doesn't want to connect. I have to tell it to connect every time I get in the car, and the bluetooth keeps dropping out. Also my car also now does the strange rollback thing after putting it in park. The car also still rolls backwards on a slight incline. This never bothered me before. It felt normal seeing how I understand the type of transmission used in this car. I thought the whole "recall" was to correct mainly this issue? It did not. I still have a rough idle or vibration at idle. I also liked how the car shifted better before. Now it's back to falling on it's face shifting too soon. I'm getting a little PO'd here. I was happy with it before. I get strongarmed into taking it in when it's fine, and now I'm unhappy. Doesn't FORD test these updates in the real world. IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOUR CAR DO NOT GET THE NEW 12B37 update. This sucks. Neomi are you listening? I was also insulted by my dealer. They act like it's all in my head. I am a systems administrator for a living. I understand technology very well. I also asked that my A/C get checked, and the note on the SO says I had it set to 70 instead of MAX. Give me a ing break. It was cooler that day and I didn't need it set to Max. The tech used that as an excuse to do nothing. I just wanted a set of guages connected to make sure the levels are correct. It's been struggling when it's 90+ degrees outside, and I had it set to MAX A/C!
I think this will be my LAST FORD. I don't have time to keep taking my brand new car back to the dealer over and over for the same issues.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #343
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Why won't anyone drive their car long enough for it to re-learn it's shift before bashing the update? I'm sorry you just got it done and it doesn't drive right. I got mine done abt 1000 miles ago and it is doing awesome!

Someone should do a post count and compare those who are raving about it vs. those who want to drive off a cliff. Then, for fun we could see how many initially complained but grew silent after a month...
Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #344
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Why won't anyone drive their car long enough for it to re-learn it's shift before bashing the update? I'm sorry you just got it done and it doesn't drive right. I got mine done abt 1000 miles ago and it is doing awesome!

Someone should do a post count and compare those who are raving about it vs. those who want to drive off a cliff. Then, for fun we could see how many initially complained but grew silent after a month...
That would be me. But that begs the question, how much benefit is there really to a "learning" transmission relative to the crap you gotta go through while it learns? We did just fine when trannies' shift points were set in stone at the factory and that was it. Just seems like one more of a number of technological "improvements" the auto manufacturers or the gov't forces on us that has unintended consequences. Like a rough first 1,000 miles....
Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #345
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
I thought my car wasn't eligible for the 12B27 but I got the letter and had it done last week. Before, transmission was smooth and silky... since the re-flash, it's quite jerky when cold in the morning and when starting up from a dead stop.

So what is the "new learning" period after the re-flash? I mean, how many miles? My dealer gave it back to me without any explanation, and I wasn't bright enough to ask any questions! :)
Old 06-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #346
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
I thought my car wasn't eligible for the 12B27 but I got the letter and had it done last week. Before, transmission was smooth and silky... since the re-flash, it's quite jerky when cold in the morning and when starting up from a dead stop.

So what is the "new learning" period after the re-flash? I mean, how many miles? My dealer gave it back to me without any explanation, and I wasn't bright enough to ask any questions! :)
They'll tell you "give it 1,000 miles."
Old 06-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #347
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I gave it time (about 1k), and my car is driving awesome. I truly believe that this is how we should have gotten them. On the other hand, I am also glad that Ford is still pushing to make the cars better than they were.

And Kam, we weren't doing just fine before the update. Your car may have been, but there were far more people complaining of the cars from the factory than there are currently complaining about the update. Just search the threads.

Ultimately, everyone has their own situation. I'm not trying to discount that. I'm simply saying that people should give it a chance first.

And get the MS3 motor mount! Like glass...
Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #348
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
I hate to jump up and down too quickly but

HOLY CRAP, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

Mine is approaching a year old (May 2011 build, bought in July) and have always had an issue with the sluggishness of the performance. While the December update improved it a lot today's flash is just night and day. Holds each gear longer, no more hunting or what seemed to be trying to figure out what gear to be in merging onto the hiway under acceleration. Just loving it completely (I've never regretted buying it but this is just so much better).

Previous to the December update I was averaging about 29 mpg's. After that it shot up to 32 - 33. I'm praying that I won't lose that (I know the first couple of tank fulls will be though as my foot is liking this way too much already).

Two words, over and over again: Thank you Thank you Thank you Ford. You hit it out of the park.

Now if it only stays like this and doesn't "adapt" to something else.

Joe
Update:

350 miles and 4 days later and one tank full. I'm still amazed at how this car is acting, it's as responsive as it was when I first took it back from the dealer. BUT and a big BUT - let's go back to last July when I first got the car; I was disappointed with the milage of 29 mpg's. It stayed that way until the December update and it jumped up to 32 mpg's. So, last night I filled it and smack me over the head, 37.2 mpg's!!!!! I had to have my wife redo the numbers but she came out with the same thing.

To re-quote myself, HOLY CRAP!!

(Nice job Ford, you nailed it)
Old 06-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #349
FLSVT04
Focus Enthusiast

?

Yes I just drove over 1500 miles from the last reflash and it was shifting fine. Now I have to start all over. You don't think that is a concern? Also what does that have to do with MFT being all screwed up after the update, when it was working fine before it? And the rollback after putting it in park? You don't think that is strange? It is profound because I never noticed it before. I should youtube it. I have almost 10K. What does your car have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post

Old 06-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #350
FLSVT04
Focus Enthusiast

Suggestion for new poll? Who is complaining after the update 12B37 that does or does not have MFT and NAV with 3.0 already installed? Curious.

Bookmarks & Social Networks