TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 21 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #201
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
Is FSA 12B37 real? (Shows on ETIS site, but...) Does it apply to a 12/1/2011 US market DCT 5 dr Ti? How do I get them to perform it? Wait for the puported letter? Anbody had that letter show in their mailbox?
Got letter in the mail yesterday for this campaign which, last Thursday, the dealer denied any knowledge of or applicability to my vehicle. So now it goes in twice in ten days.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #202
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,346, Level 94
Points: 24,346, Level: 94 Points: 24,346, Level: 94 Points: 24,346, Level: 94
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrz View Post
I'd also like to see an improvement in gas mileage. Over 700 miles on the car now, still only getting about 22mpg city, without particularly aggressive driving. (As a comparison, my last car, a Civic, got about 27mpg in real-life driving, rated at 25 city.)
Have you had to have your car reset during those 700 mi? Unless you are only going stoplight to stoplight with your AC on max, you should be on your second tank of gas and seeing mid to high 20's. My first tank is always 24-25, second 26-28, and third has been 28+.

I have about 40/60 city/highway to work and sit at 2600 on the odo. I've had quite a few dealer-trips, and each time my car gets reset, so only a couple of times have I gone over 30 mpgs.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #203
awozniak33
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92331
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 awozniak33 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
That only works if your using manual "S" mode. If that was the only way I could get reasonable shifts, I would have just bought a Manual to begin with.
I drive in D most of the time, and only experience slow throttle response with the A/C on in 70-80 degree weather. If I press down a little harder, I get kickdown, and the car does kind of launch. You have to realize, this is NOT a fully automatic, hydraulically controlled transmission. It is a manual six-speed with electrical actuators that do the shifting, a clutch that needs to be computer-controlled, and some sensors that control the whole program. It is not seamless and undetectable, like a true automatic. Personally, I love the PowerShift transmission, and get great mileage, and have reasonable acceleration, when I let the computer do the shifting. When I want to go fast, I pressa da button, and shift through the gears like Mario Andretti!!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #204
awozniak33
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Have you had to have your car reset during those 700 mi? Unless you are only going stoplight to stoplight with your AC on max, you should be on your second tank of gas and seeing mid to high 20's. My first tank is always 24-25, second 26-28, and third has been 28+.

I have about 40/60 city/highway to work and sit at 2600 on the odo. I've had quite a few dealer-trips, and each time my car gets reset, so only a couple of times have I gone over 30 mpgs.
Ihave seen 42 mpg instantaneous, and 40 mpg average on a long trip with the speed control set to 70. Around town, if I let the computer shift, I get a constant 28.7 mpg in the city. If you are truly getting those low numbers, you need to have it checked out at the dealer. Under warranty.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #205
awozniak33
Focus Rookie

Well Mr Korn, although you claim the car runs great for you, the computers need to be updated to the latest programming so that your car will run better, last longer, and give you better fuel economy. Its free, takes an hour at the dealer, and if your trans drops out next year, they probably wont warranty it unless you have had this service performed. Go to the Dealer and tell him you need 12B37. Simple.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #206
ResJudicata
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94971
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 ResJudicata Good Standing Member
I had the reprogram done yesterday along with my first oil change. It seems to have helped one of the two issues I've always had with the trans.

#1 When coming to a right hand turn at an intersection with a green (not stopping completely) after the turn I hit the gas and wait too long for the trans to shift down to a gear that it should have been close to anyway. Now it seems to have a better idea what is necessary for this maneuver and I don't get as much lag.

#2 When passing on the highway I would hit the gas hard and wait too long for the trans to shift down and when it did it shifted to a gear too low and over revved. Then I had to wait for it to shift up one gear in order to actually get going. I haven't checked this yet. I will today during a highway drive, but I have hope.

So far the trans computer seems to be better after the reprogram. Not perfect by any means but better.

Chris
Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #207
ericrz
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96766
What I Drive: 2012 Black Hatch, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 ericrz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post

I have not had the car reset, now just over 800 miles on the odo (but it had 200 when I bought it). Third tank of gas. Still 21.5-22mpg.

Almost 100% city driving, with stoplights, and it's pretty hilly here (Birmingham, AL). Still, was hoping for better than 22.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #208
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,346, Level 94
Points: 24,346, Level: 94 Points: 24,346, Level: 94 Points: 24,346, Level: 94
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrz View Post
I have not had the car reset, now just over 800 miles on the odo (but it had 200 when I bought it). Third tank of gas. Still 21.5-22mpg.

Almost 100% city driving, with stoplights, and it's pretty hilly here (Birmingham, AL). Still, was hoping for better than 22.
Wow, that sucks. Hopefully, it will get better.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #209
awozniak33
Focus Rookie

I I shift my Focus manually, and keep the accelerator to the floor, I still get 25mpg. I would venture to say you have a problem, if all you can get is 22. Have you done a manual check at fillup, by dividing your mileage since last fillup by the number of gallons it took to fill it up? I would check it. Does it run well? or are you constantly on the go pedal trying to get somewhere?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #210
ladytonya
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94805
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Gray Metallic SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ladytonya Good Standing Member
I had the update done with an oil change on Monday and all is good! The only problem I had was on one certain spot coming into my apartment complex, I would have probably downshifted at least one if not two gears if I were driving a MT and the DCT wouldn't shift at all. It would sputter, I would have to let off on the gas and then give it gas again to get it in the right gear. This hasn't happened in the two days since the update.

I have noticed no difference with the hill assist but I had never had trouble with that before, it had always worked without problem. I originally test drove the car with 6 miles on the ODO, took delivery with 14 and that 8 were put there by my original test drive. My car now has 6,000 miles.

Regarding gas mileage, it took until around 5,000 on the ODO before I regularly got 30 MPG. Since Monday's update, I am up to 30.8 on the internal computer. I will be filling it up probably Thursday or Friday but will then be headed out on a 9 hour road trip so my mpg won't be typical of my normal local driving. The gas mileage definitely improved with increased mileage so if you're disappointed with what you're getting now, don't despair! If mine can go from 23 to 30 in 5,000 miles so can yours! Heck, driving around these mountains I know people in hybrids who can't get up to 40 mpg, much less the 50 and up that some drivers report! Personally, I don't hypermile and never will, it is what it is and it sure beats the heck out of the 17 mpg we got in our Jeep!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.