TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 18 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #171
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Dick W:
At message #132 in this thread I posted what my service ticket said when I got the FSA 12B37 done. It specifically mentioned the FSA by name. Its odd that yours did not. I would make sure you actually got the upgrade. BTW my car is a 1/31/12 build and the FSA showed up as needing to be done on both ESIS and OASIS.

I think this is a fairly new FSA. I just saw it on my car's ESIS listing. I have not received any letter from Ford about it.

Rich
I'm certain I didn't get the 12B37 today simply because they said thay didn't find anything outstanding to do so did nothing. Three weeks ago when it was in the first time, I'm less clear on what they did. (That's the ticket I quoted above.) They SAID they would look for any calibration updates. From reading the ticket it's not clear they did. But it does seem to run better.

Too bad there's no Help|About so you can figure out what all code the car is running. Sad it's come to that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #172
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
... the FSA showed up as needing to be done on both ESIS and OASIS.

I think this is a fairly new FSA. I just saw it on my car's ESIS listing. ...
How do I do this? You must have an "inside connection"? I see it in ETIS but the dealer said (wherever they looked) they saw nothing else outstanding--after they offered/wrote up verification of the MFT3 FSA by number.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #173
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 312, Level 6
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Dick
You can enter your vin at www.etis.ford.com and see the info on your car. This is apparently the Euro site for Ford. US dealers don't use etis. They use oasis, which I don't think we can access but I think it has the same info. When I took my car in, I brought a printout of the etis page which noted the 12B37 FSA for my car. The service rep confirmed he saw it on oasis.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #174
t2sj1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96520
What I Drive: 2012 frosted glass Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 t2sj1 Good Standing Member
I had the 12B37 FSA performed yesterday (12/16/11 build). The car now seems to shift better. There's no roll back. In fact, I now have to keep my foot on the brake to keep the car from moving on its own. I still have the grinding/rattle in low gears. I've not noticed any jerkiness though. Hopefully the rattle will improve.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #175
ksearcy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92627
What I Drive: 2012 metalic sterling gray sel

FF Reputation: 1 ksearcy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
Or maybe not. Though it seems improved (placebo effect?), reading the ticket does not make it clear what they did. I reported generally poor low speed / stop-and-go driveability including 1-2 stutter and generally poor shift and non-shift timing.

Ticket says "C/S AT LOW SPEEDS AND LETTING OFF THE GAS THERE IS A HESITATION ON ACCEL AND OR DECEL. ADVISE
Work performed:
ELECT TRANS DIOG PASS REPROGRAM AND RETEST CL CLEAR KAM PER WARNER TRANS OP NORMAL"

No mention of PCM/TCM/ABS or FSA 12B37--which, when they did this part of the work, had not been reported here--or TSB 12-1-4 / -4A.

Is FSA 12B37 real? (Shows on ETIS site, but...) Does it apply to a 12/1/2011 US market DCT 5 dr Ti? How do I get them to perform it? Wait for the puported letter? Anbody had that letter show in their mailbox?

Oh, and after performing, on this visit, a F R side marker bulb replacement, the steering rack replacement, and the code update for the Low Washer Fluid message doesn't problem, the car came back with its brains scrambled. Remembered AM & FM presets, but not trip odo or most other MFT settings including Sirius presets, paired phones, and, perhaps worst of all, the WiFi key which is SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS to key in...
I got a phone call from my dealers service dept., taking it in next Thursday.
Louisberg Ford.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #176
Fastlane54
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98286
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sport HB, Red Candy-203A

FF Reputation: 1 Fastlane54 Good Standing Member
As a result of this thread, I became aware of the 12B37 update and took my Focus to the dealer yesterday to have it done. Took less than an hour from the time I dropped it off.
The information on the receipt includes:

12B37 REPROGRAM PCM
150 DRIVEABILITY REPAIRS
8031 WF95 .6HR

832 REPROGRAM ABS, TCM, PCM AND RECAL IVD PER 12B37 OPERATION 12B37B

The update seems to have corrected the 1st/2nd gear shudder, which was particularly noticeable when going uphill out of our driveway, with the tranny upshifting on the incline, while the engine was cold.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #177
ChrisRo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98578
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus SEL w/MFT

FF Reputation: 1 ChrisRo Good Standing Member
When they reflash the car at the dealer, it clears KAM memory, which is where alot of the problem lies. The car's transmission adaptive learning is picking up shifting habits and is causing some problems.

I cleared KAM on my DCT with only 800 miles on it and it was like a new car. However, in a hundred miles of mixed driving, the car has learned nasty habits again.

I haven't gotten this TSB done yet, but I plan to next week. Regardless, I wouldn't take any of my driving impressions seriously after the reflash for 100 miles or more.

Chris
Old 05-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #178
AmishGuy91
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85045
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 AmishGuy91 Good Standing Member
It seems what people are starting to report about this new FSA is what I've seen with my car after the past three TSB transmission updates. Right after I have my car serviced the transmission feels great but it slowly regresses and 2-3 months later the trans is back to shifting as rough as it was pre-update.

It would seem to me that this adaptive learning system is a big part of the problem with the new Focus. Its just not learning in any way that is appropriate or comfortable.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #179
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
I had the update done yesterday afternoon, and immediately noticed an improvement. I would not say that I ever experienced any issues with my Ti, but now the shifting is simply smoother and drives better having also performed the Steering TSB.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #180
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGuy91 View Post
It seems what people are starting to report about this new FSA is what I've seen with my car after the past three TSB transmission updates. Right after I have my car serviced the transmission feels great but it slowly regresses and 2-3 months later the trans is back to shifting as rough as it was pre-update.

It would seem to me that this adaptive learning system is a big part of the problem with the new Focus. Its just not learning in any way that is appropriate or comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRo View Post
When they reflash the car at the dealer, it clears KAM memory, which is where alot of the problem lies. The car's transmission adaptive learning is picking up shifting habits and is causing some problems.

I cleared KAM on my DCT with only 800 miles on it and it was like a new car. However, in a hundred miles of mixed driving, the car has learned nasty habits again.

I haven't gotten this TSB done yet, but I plan to next week. Regardless, I wouldn't take any of my driving impressions seriously after the reflash for 100 miles or more.

Chris
Clearing the KAM - is that done by removing the negative battery terminal for a few minutes then reconnecting?

And if the Focus starts out so great but develops quirks over time, why must the KAM be there?

Bookmarks & Social Networks