TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #131
Darketernal3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98631
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Points 484, Level 9
Points: 484, Level: 9 Points: 484, Level: 9 Points: 484, Level: 9
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Darketernal3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dberezin View Post
Here's my update:

I still have some shudder when letting my foot off the brake. It seems to happen after the car has been driving for a while or if I come to a quick stop (like sudden traffic on the PA Turnpike). I'll see what happens after a 1000 miles (which will be a couple of weeks for me). Has to do the adaptive learning again.

The shifting seems to be better, though, especially when going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. When making a turn (slowing down for the turn, then pressing on the gas) it seems to be a lot smoother. So far I haven't had the "pause and lurch". It also looks like it's holding the higher gears a little longer to get better acceleration.

Haven't had a chance to test the rollback fix.
I'm not sure if you're talking about the shuttering when you depress the brake on a very hard stop... if that's the case it has been confirmed by a few ford mechanic to be the ABS.
The same can be said about the sharp turns at high speeds, the system applies the ABS brakes on the inside turn wheels to give it a sharper turn.

I've never experienced the shuttering when letting go of the brakes though. Only light gassing at low speeds inbetween 2nd-3rd gears, like a new manual driver would incidentally do.

But after the update, there is a huge difference, though I think it'll need to do some minor tweak and learning for my driving habits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #132
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 312, Level 6
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
12B37 Update May Affect A/C.

I posted this in the main DCT Update thread, but thought it should also be in this thread:

I took my 1/31/2012 build Titanium in for the 12B37 FSA yesterday. I wasn't having any trouble with the DCT, but thought I would get it done since I also had a speaker rattle in the rear doors. On the service receipt it says "Completed Recall 12B37 by reprograming PCM, TCM and ABS. Also did IVD calibration, 7485 12B37C reprogram PCM and TCM." (I have no idea what the IVD is???)

When I picked up the car, I stopped in the dealer lot to see if the speaker rattle was gone (it wasn't....they're ordering new door panel clips) but I noticed the A/C was blowing hot air. I drove back into the shop, they took it in again. After about an hour, the service rep came out and showed me a communication they had received from Detroit in response to their query about my situation. Ford apparently has had reports that this FSA can cause the A/C to stop working. They recommended the tech take the car out on the road and run it at 1500 RPMs for three minutes. He did this and phoned in to the shop to say that at exactly three minutes, the A/C began blowing cold air.

It was kinda weird but fortunately, not a big problem. When you get the update, just make sure your A/C is working before you leave the dealer!

BTW, although I wasn't having any problems with the DCT before the update, it does seem a bit smoother. I've got to drive it a bit more to see if it really made a difference in my car.

Rich
Old 05-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #133
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
I had it done today and the transmission is smoother, and the shutter is noticably reduced. However, it still makes some grinding noise. I will give a chance for the transmission to relearn itself. If it does not go away by 15,000 miles, I will have a talk with the dealer. I have 10,600 miles on the car now.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #134
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
I just noticed today something that was absent prior to the update. Before I had the update I had no visible or audio warning when my seatbelt wasn't fastened, which I thought was odd....now it blinks, yells and screams at me as soon as I put it in drive with no seat belt on...obviously it supposed to do that, but now I'm wondering why it didn't do it before.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #135
RedoFromStart
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98701
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 RedoFromStart Good Standing Member
The point in buying a brand new car was to not have to take it into the shop, leave it there all day, arrange for rides to/from work, be without the car, etc. This makes twice already and I've only had the thing 2 weeks. Not the way to impress. The update is fine, it's the service department I'm weary of.

Last edited by RedoFromStart; 05-12-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #136
red2009se

Fan#: 79513
What I Drive: car

FF Reputation: 1 red2009se Good Standing Member
I'd the FSA done in 45 mins. Dealer was actaully not busy on a Saturday afternoon, but maybe people were getting Mom's Day gifts instead.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #137
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

Points 519, Level 10
Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Richs10 ...
Thanks for the detailed post. I'm hoping Wednesday's trip into the shop will be the last for a while.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 05-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #138
ccelaya
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92465
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey - Focus HB Sport

FF Reputation: 1 ccelaya Good Standing Member
I just came back from my 10,000km service.
They didn't have any 12B37 listed in their system (Mexico), but got the 12-01-04 TSB instead. Maybe I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks until it's released here... the car shifts better than ever though ;)

Oh, and I also had the 12-02-17A, 12-02-17B steering gear TSB parts ordered for me.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #139
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

Points 788, Level 14
Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dberezin View Post
Quoting myself from the DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread...

After hearing about some of you guys getting the 12B37 done this week and getting the response above from 1 dealer, I decided to call another dealer near me (Bill Marsh Ford in Newtown, PA) and ask them about the FSA. He put in my VIN and told me my car was due for the update. I'm bringing it in Thursday night to have it done. Hopefully it can fix the shudder issue.
I'm still amazed at the ignorance or complete lack of education of some dealers with regards to this car. To me it's either Ford not communicating down properly or laziness of the dealer's service groups in not doing their homework. I tend to believe the latter. I qualify this by saying my original dealer's service manager fought me at each turn in attempting to get the December update done to my 5/11 build while another dealer some 15 miles away knew of everything that was going on with this car and was willing to assist me should my original dealer not want to or simply couldn't.

While since the update in January mine is far better than the original, there are still issues (mostly attempting to get up to speed merging onto an interstate - it seems to hunt for the right gear or the original programming was so bad it took out one of the clutches). I'm hoping that this update will solve this remaining issue.

I'm calling the "other" dealer tomorrow for an appointment.

Joe
Old 05-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #140
Faygo Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85587
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Ti with James Bond Pkg

Points 3,523, Level 37
Points: 3,523, Level: 37 Points: 3,523, Level: 37 Points: 3,523, Level: 37
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Faygo Focus Good Standing Member
Got this update earlier in the week.

Awesome.

D works much better, much smoother. I like it completely now.
S is like a rocket, especially if you turn off traction control.

MPG is the same for me. Then again, I've been zooming in S.

Bookmarks & Social Networks