TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #111
Freedom540
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98402
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Freedom540 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
Wow! Sounds like one of those late night infomercials
Be one of the first 100 callers, and we'll throw in a microfiber cloth with a retail value of 29.95. Yours absolutely free with our special offer.
So thats the PCM, TCM, & ABS updates, and our free gift absolutely Free. Some restrictions apply. Offer not valid in China, Argentina,....
Lol! Yeah, I know. My profession is sales. Anyway, I must say that in the past day or so I am getting more pronounced low speed shudder and going up my driveway there is a lot of shuddering. Also, (and this may be off topic), I keep hearing an annoying rattle in the passenger side front end. It is like some plastic part hitting something. Anyone have this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #112
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom540 View Post
Lol! Yeah, I know. My profession is sales. Anyway, I must say that in the past day or so I am getting more pronounced low speed shudder and going up my driveway there is a lot of shuddering. Also, (and this may be off topic), I keep hearing an annoying rattle in the passenger side front end. It is like some plastic part hitting something. Anyone have this issue?

Just to be clear, have you had the latest update 12B37 performed yet? If so, are the problems you now see after the 12B37 update?

Brian
Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #113
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Today they performed

12B37B Reprogram PCM TCM as per FSA 12B37

It was for all my vibration/shuddering issues.

SOOOOO much better no vibrations at all and acceleration is way better.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #114
Freedom540
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98402
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Freedom540 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Just to be clear, have you had the latest update 12B37 performed yet? If so, are the problems you now see after the 12B37 update?

Brian
It received 12b37 on may 4th while it was in the shop. Latest shuddering started 400 miles after that.

Thanks,
Also Brian
Old 05-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #115
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
Hmmm...
Here in Canada, Quebec, they know about it. At least for mine, even though I "didn't get the memo" they were able to find it using my VIN number. I presented my ETIS file and that helped.
I don't know, but I start to think that either Ford dealers in US are slow or too lazy to look in their systems.
I called back today -- the recall info came up right away, and my appointment is scheduled and I'm looking forward to going in.

Pity I've some driving to do this week, but it will be NICE to have the shuddering and the other issues resolved.

Hopefully the grinding issue will be fully resolved as well...
Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #116
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom540 View Post
It received 12b37 on may 4th while it was in the shop. Latest shuddering started 400 miles after that.

Thanks,
Also Brian
My service advisor said the car does have to go through its learning cycle again and could evidence odd behavior during that period, so maybe that's what you have. Of course,he also said it could take a couple thousand miles to get through the cycle, so his credibility isn't exactly sky-high.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #117
Visioned
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93729
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy, Focus SE

FF Reputation: -1 Visioned Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Had my car flashed today, shifting seems to have improved a good bit.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #118
Dealersing
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90480
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Dealersing Good Standing Member
Got a call today for yet another recall regards to the PCM/TCM/ABS so i suppose it is this TS12B37. They said something about experiencing rollback for the car as well. I am scheduled an appointment for next Monday and was told it will be 1-2hrs. Dammit I just went over for the wiper recall 2 weeks ago =(
Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #119
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
I called my dealer today to schedule an appointment for Saturday. I told them about the 12B37 FSA and after looking it up on her (appointment setter's) computer, confirmed it. I will get my wiper recall and the 12B37 taken care of this weekend. Wish me luck!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #120
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Just picked up my car. The TSB 12B37 completed. Noticeable difference!.

When I first got my car the 1st gear shudder, passing delays, etc were fixed a great deal with the update just prior to this one. Funny though, one of the things I noticed on the prior update was 1st to 2nd seemed pretty firm and I guess over the past few weeks I became adjusted to it and maybe without even thinking would brace a little for the 1st to 2nd shift. Well now after the latest update I am still bracing in anticipation of the same 2nd gear shift and its GONE!. ITs very smooth now. The transition between gears is really nice. I still haven't driven it enough to see what other improvements it has to offer but I have high hopes!.

One of the biggest issues I have with the prior update was slowing down for a turn and then once the turn was made there was a delay in the down shift. I hope to find thats no longer the case.

Also in traffic on the way back from the dealership, It did seem to quickly drop to the correct gear each and every time I made a maneuver through traffic so that's great as well!.

I'd say based already on what I've driven, its definitely a good update!

Bookmarks & Social Networks