TSB 12B37 - New? - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #91
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Here's the letter Ford is sending out...

Thanks!

I've not received mine yet but I did call the local dealer, telling them of the FSA #. They had no knowledge (or parts), so I will wait for the mailing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #92
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
Thanks!

I've not received mine yet but I did call the local dealer, telling them of the FSA #. They had no knowledge (or parts), so I will wait for the mailing.
Hmmm...
Here in Canada, Quebec, they know about it. At least for mine, even though I "didn't get the memo" they were able to find it using my VIN number. I presented my ETIS file and that helped.
I don't know, but I start to think that either Ford dealers in US are slow or too lazy to look in their systems.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #93
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
As I understand it, no parts are needed...it's just software updates, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
Thanks!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #94
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantheman2012 View Post
I 'understand' first model year bugs. My 2001 Focus had them. BUT...to say "they are to be expected" is not a fair statement. This car is a 'world' car...and has been tested and sold elsewhere. I've owned a couple of vehicles that were 1st year new models (not MCR's...mid-cycle refresh) that didn't have bugs. Some manufacturers test and retest and get it right out of the box.

To say "it's possible" is accurate. To say "it is to be expected" seems extreme.
I have to agree with you on this. Some problems, OK, but there are a lot on some cars (nevermind imprecise panel gaps,paint issues, etc). My Focus has been pretty good but far from perfect (steering gear replacement, dash top replacement, etc). Still like it, though.

My parents bought a 2011 VW Jetta VI not too long before I bought the Focus and they've had no problems with it....go figure!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #95
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom540 View Post
Hi, folks,

My 10/11 build Focus to Ti hatch was in the shop last week for slow actuation of passing gear and door module (flashing puddle lamps and intermittent power window operation). I also had them order a new focus emblem which was falling off. Anyway, they installed the "abs/PCM flash update they received Friday May 4th. I took it on a 40 mile round trip shakedown trip including i95 near quantico and the windy joplin road in Prince William county, va, followed by a 310 mile round trip to Hampton Roads, VA. Here is what I noted:

1. Far faster actuation of passing gear (55-80mph acceleration).
2. Roll back on slight inclines almost completely gone. Faster engage off the brake from a stop.
3. Less shudder off the line but still the occasional "grind it and find it" phenomenon with low speed 1-2 shifts under light throttle.
4. Far more pronounced difference in sport mode. Before update there was nearly no difference between modes. Now it feels well sporty.
5. And this will make you smile: 35.7 mpg on mostly highway driving versus the 27 I got before!!!

It was worth the trouble. Believe me. And I even had to pay $67 for a loaner car. (2012 mustang).
Wow! Sounds like one of those late night infomercials
Be one of the first 100 callers, and we'll throw in a microfiber cloth with a retail value of 29.95. Yours absolutely free with our special offer.
So thats the PCM, TCM, & ABS updates, and our free gift absolutely Free. Some restrictions apply. Offer not valid in China, Argentina,....
Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #96
thirdj
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87909
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium White Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 thirdj Good Standing Member
Recall fixed today

Just got my car back from the dealer, I had it in for my 10 k service and the windshield wiper recall. It also looks like they reprogrammed the PCM, no parts changed. When I went in I mentioned I heard about a new recall and they didn't give me any problems. The recall # on the receipt is 12B37. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but the I did notice the slight vibration from the DCT while at a stop(like normal). Luckily I live in a hilly area so I will be able to test the rollback the recall mentions (not that I ever minded that) and the gear shifts probably tomorrow on the way to work.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #97
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdj View Post
[...]I did notice the slight vibration from the DCT while at a stop(like normal)
I notice this on my mid-May build as well; I believe this was fixed by a beefed up motor mount on the later builds (it's too bad we can't get those replaced for free...)

Anyway, I've scheduled an appointment for the wiper and transmission recalls first thing tomorrow. I'm excited to see the difference! Eeee!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #98
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
I just got a good test of the roll-back with the update.
Our driveway is one car wide and fairly steep hill. My wife's car needed a jumpstart, but she was parked nose in. Luckily I have 20' cables, but I still had to get close to her bumper while on a hill. It wasn't that easy becuase I kept rolling back because I was too hesitant to give it too much gas.
I feel sorry for anyone who has to parallel park one of these on a hill. (I envy anyone driving a manual who can do this)
Old 05-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #99
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Anyway, I've scheduled an appointment for the wiper and transmission recalls first thing tomorrow. I'm excited to see the difference! Eeee!
Keep us posted, after you have had some time with it, as to whether or not you see a noticeable improvement.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #100
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Keep us posted, after you have had some time with it, as to whether or not you see a noticeable improvement.
I'll give my butt-dyno review as well as keeping people up-to-date with gas mileage and other quirks with the programming - of which there are hopefully none.

EDIT: I also had some fun parallel parking in a really tight spot on a hill last weekend... thank God for my parking sensors and backup camera.

Bookmarks & Social Networks