!! Steeda CAI Results Only !! - Page 14 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #131
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiikey1 View Post
could it be that everyone is just psychologically experiencing "gains" from a cai? Mighty car mods posted a video showing and proving that cai is a waste of time and rubbish over stock parts... Not hating on anyone here. Just asking. Anyone actually dyno tested this to see the results? I'm sure someone will tell me though to go read through the dyno threads.
Yes, you need to read through the dyno threads, there has been plenty of substantiated evidence that it actually makes more power over the stock airbox even without tuning being available yet.

I don't even know what mighty car mods is let alone how they were considered credible over dyno results from actual vehicle owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #132
spiikey1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111130
What I Drive: 2012, Focus Trend Hatch Silver

FF Reputation: 1 spiikey1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Yes, you need to read through the dyno threads, there has been plenty of substantiated evidence that it actually makes more power over the stock airbox even without tuning being available yet.

I don't even know what mighty car mods is let alone how they were considered credible over dyno results from actual vehicle owners.
if you youtube mighty car mods youl see they show a thread of different modifications you can make to your car.

Yeah i know theres threads, but also the fact that its a NA car and compared to turbos.. CAI on turbo gain more hp. As goes with the exhaust. or am i completely wrong?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #133
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
if you youtube mighty car mods youl see they show a thread of different modifications you can make to your car.

Yeah i know theres threads, but also the fact that its a NA car and compared to turbos.. CAI on turbo gain more hp. As goes with the exhaust. or am i completely wrong?
So far none of their tests were done very scientifically, and there is no evidence that they had actually changed any air plumbing by routing things through the same exact section of rubber hose in the "pod" filter test, and the CAI one looks to be suspect as well.

There is theoretically a larger potential to extract power from a boosted engine, but depending on the setup and if the intake is the restriction a lot more power can be gained than what they are whinging about.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #134
spiikey1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
So far none of their tests were done very scientifically, and there is no evidence that they had actually changed any air plumbing by routing things through the same exact section of rubber hose in the "pod" filter test, and the CAI one looks to be suspect as well.

There is theoretically a larger potential to extract power from a boosted engine, but depending on the setup and if the intake is the restriction a lot more power can be gained than what they are whinging about.
haah not whinging bro just putting it out there to see what others think. after all thats what the forums for rite? haha

Yeah it seems as tho you do get gains. Might change my filter once my 3 yr warrantys up. Although have any of you had problems with the cAI affecting your warranty?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #135
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
haah not whinging bro just putting it out there to see what others think. after all thats what the forums for rite? haha

Yeah it seems as tho you do get gains. Might change my filter once my 3 yr warrantys up. Although have any of you had problems with the cAI affecting your warranty?
In the U.S. there is less concern about it voiding the warranty unless they can prove that it caused the failure, under the terms of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

It may be different in Australia but for the most part those who've already done the big two or three mods ( intake, exhaust, and or the exhaust manifold without catalyst).

I need to re-dyno after the intake and exhaust installs, but the baseline is likely to be lower than now at least it should be based on the other steeda dyno results + an approximately 2.5" exhaust system removed from the Focus ST and slightly modified to fit the N/A 2.0 L GDI.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #136
spiikey1
Focus Enthusiast

that sounds like a nice set up. I will probably only dyno mine after i get both exhaust + CAI installed. No point doing exhaust then CAI again..

Planning to do RS style dual exhaust, with magnaflow components. Completely custom ofcourse, and cutout the rear valance for the dual tips.
For CAI steeda is more expensive for us australians haha unfortunately shipping is a killer
Any other options on where to buy apart from the steeda site?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #137
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:

You're pretty wrong in this instance. You'll see dynos prove otherwise.

It does largely depend on the vehicle though. Perhaps the intake filter they used wasn't much better than stock, or on that car it doesn't mean much. It clearly does on many cars, which is why K&N and other CAI's are very popular modifications.

I did notice when they routed it outside of the car they had corrugated tubing. 3 feet of corrugated tubing would pretty much negate any gains from the intake due to increased air turbulence.
Audio: LC6i, Polk Audio db6501 front, db651s rear, db1040DVC sub, Rockford R600-5 Prime, Fatmat
Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #138
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE sport

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Any other options on where to buy apart from the steeda site?
Check out central Florida motorsports

http://focus.c-f-m.com/induction-7.aspx

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Old 04-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #139
spiikey1
Focus Enthusiast

cheers guys really helpful :) yeah i realise now that it does impact on performance. K&N vs steeda though now? maassive price difference.. gains the same?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #140
spiikey1
Focus Enthusiast

this system...

http://focus.c-f-m.com/cobb-stage-2-...-st-st250.aspx

anyone have it?

Bookmarks & Social Networks