Views on "Stancing" - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #41
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Man what the hell is going on here? :lol: this is some funny stuff. I think drifting is stupid but I don't bash on drifters. I just say it is not my thing and move on. So what if people can only afford less expensive wheels, everyone has to start somewhere and as a community you should be able to help each other out on deals.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #42
Wobbn08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90548
What I Drive: 2008 Silver SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 5 Wobbn08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I love how "Shitty roads" is an excuse everyone uses to not go lower than an FRPP kit. Everyone has shitty roads no matter where you live. Being low doesn't mean you're going to trash your car. It means you have to pay attention more, which in return makes you a better driver. Now as far as "stancing" I love it. I love the look of it, and you don't lose any handling capabilities at all...

Take my car for example. I don't consider it stanced, but it is slammed:

I have EXCELLENT handling capability, and I enjoy it. I'm dropped probably over 5 inches more than stock, and I can still drive perfectly fine. Sure I scrape here and there, and scratch every once in a while. So what? that's the price I'm willing to pay to lower my car this much to get it to what I want it to be at. If you don't like stancing, fine. Don't like it. But don't go hating on the folks that do because we're the ones that did it, and we love it.
SES #018
Old 04-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #43
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 18 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamebird1313 View Post
I shopped what I wouldn't mind mine to look like, but it would be super impractical.
Before:

After:
Before and After the BigMacs??? LOL
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 04-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #44
zinger.637
Focus Addict

Fan#: 74202
What I Drive: 09 coupe

FF Reputation: 3 zinger.637 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Been daily driving for years slammed and love it. Definitely a different world that isn't meant for everyone. Some ppl let other influence there judgement while others just do it. Different strokes for different folks lol. On focus it only looks good if dome right. Takes time, effort, patience, experimenting,money, math, etc.....
few my setups I do agree in shitty roads exist everywhere no matter where you live. Just be aware of the roads and don't drive like an ass. Don't see Ferraris going over pot holes or go fast in shitty roads same as us slammed/lowered ppl do too. I admit I have taken out some uneven roads and made sparks shoot out but that's the best part :D story of my life. Lowest focus in south Texas no bags all day everyday you heard

My hella flush sticker "hellaflush its ok if you don't get it"

or my plate frame that says " I <3 hella flush haters gonna hate" (:
Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #45
06_infrared_zx4
Teddy_Ruxbin

Fan#: 91369
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 4 06_infrared_zx4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Didn't mean for people to get so upset over this topic.

Wobb, we talked at SIF and I love the way your coupe sits. Your car is mostly the reason I want this done.

I understand "to each their own" and that "stretch and poke" is not for everyone.

I want to thank everyone for their input and pictures. This has helped me very much in my decision. It looks like money will be saved and the stanced sedan project will begin this winter/spring!! :D

Sent from my DROIDX Using FF Mobile
Old 04-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #46
06_infrared_zx4
Teddy_Ruxbin

Fan#: 91369
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 4 06_infrared_zx4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Rising View Post
X2 on this! Matt Cydylo, Brinton Evans, and myself run kenslist on Facebook, it's all about sharing the 4x108 Wheel Deals and other deals found around the web. We've helped many folks acquire lows, wheels, and hard to find parts on the cheap. Heck we've shared some Recaros for $75, RS Wheels for sale, some team dynamics for $250, and many other deals over the past few months. We are all about sharing the love we all have for a properly stanced OEM+ focus.
How can I get in on these deals?!? :confused:

Sent from my DROIDX Using FF Mobile
Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 AM   #47
gregm5s7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97075
What I Drive: 2008 Ice Blue SE

FF Reputation: 2 gregm5s7 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbn08 View Post
Everyone has shitty roads no matter where you live. Being low doesn't mean you're going to trash your car. It means you have to pay attention more, which in return makes you a better driver. Now as far as "stancing" I love it. I love the look of it, and you don't lose any handling capabilities at all...

...and I can still drive perfectly fine. Sure I scrape here and there, and scratch every once in a while.
Speaking for myself, that would be the main reason why I wouldn't want a car lowered that drastically. Even with the FRPP kit, hell even stock it's possible to scrape your car - steep driveways, etc. I wouldn't want to sacrifice that much driveability. My 03' Mustang GT was lowered about 2" F/R and had to be mindfull of steep parking lot entrances, banked railroad tracks etc. When your mufflers bang on concrete it's not a warm and fuzzy feeling
Old 04-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #48
DEMENTED SVTF
PARTS HUNTER

Fan#: 71669
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX2 5.0 SUPERCAB

FF Reputation: 9 DEMENTED SVTF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-Cal Focus View Post
Also Most of you on here talking your shit can't afford anything over EAP's and a FRPP kit. So this topic is outside your realm.
Ive noticed that everyone talking crap are mostly stock too, on stockies to be correct. What people are saying is because they cant lower there cars cause they have bad roads, steep driveways,live on a dirt road they say to the people that are low it dosent look good? This thread should be closed before someone gets over the top for bull crap who cares.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #49
Nickgt40
Wheel King, Bow Down

Fan#: 40924
What I Drive: 01 Black ZX3, 09 FSWerks SEMA Coupe

FF Reputation: 19 Nickgt40 Great Standing Member
Those that know not of what they speak should not speak at all.
Hatch Nation #2
Old 04-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #50
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
sure are a lotta jimmies rustled in here.

cant wait until the stretch and poke fads gone the way of late 90's, early 00's rice

Bookmarks & Social Networks