Views on "Stancing" - Page 23 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #221
Wobbn08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90548
What I Drive: 2008 Silver SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 6 Wobbn08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
This is why I'm against stanced Evos and STIs. Goes right next to those d-bags who lift their trucks retarded high but they'll never see dirt. I'm all for stance but there are some car it just shouldn't be done to.
Do you think the Focus was "meant to be stanced" ? Answer me that honestly.

It doesn't matter what the car is, and just like you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
Goes right next to those d-bags who lift their trucks retarded high
Car companies never produce a vehicle knowing whats going to be done to it. It's the owners choice. Some people don't like it, others do. It's like an art form in all honesty... Do you like every piece of art out there? No, you don't. Which is why you don't like stanced Evos & STI's. But there's other people out there that think they look amazing, and it goes the same way with a Focus.
SES #018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #222
SVTisRight4me
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105772
What I Drive: 2004 Black SVTF 3 door#1009 in 2004

FF Reputation: 1 SVTisRight4me Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbn08 View Post
Mine was in regards to this...
u relize i wasnt trying to start something right?. he asked peoples veiws so i gave him my veiw. im not against it im just not for it. im for preformance and slamming your car doesnt help preformance. i love the way stance looks on some cars. like a JDM car.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #223
SVTisRight4me
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105772
What I Drive: 2004 Black SVTF 3 door#1009 in 2004

FF Reputation: 1 SVTisRight4me Good Standing Member
Quote:
Do you think the Focus was "meant to be stanced" ? Answer me that honestly.

It doesn't matter what the car is, and just like you said
Car companies never produce a vehicle knowing whats going to be done to it. It's the owners choice. Some people don't like it, others do. It's like an art form in all honesty... Do you like every piece of art out there? No, you don't. Which is why you don't like stanced Evos & STI's. But there's other people out there that think they look amazing, and it goes the same way with a Focus.
no. in my opinion its for older JDM cars looks good on STIs and evos but its a lil silly. i have seen a slammed audi s4. looked amazing
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #224
Wobbn08
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTisRight4me View Post
im not against it im just not for it. im for preformance and slamming your car doesnt help preformance.
Ignoring your horrible grammar and spelling, you have to realize that this sentence makes absolutely no sense... Do you ever see a racecar lifted off the ground? Are they not as close to the ground as absolutely possible? How does it not help performance?
SES #018
Old 12-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #225
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
I daily drive my car that sits 2" off the ground and rides perfectly fine. Probably better than yours does. It's called paying attention. You shouldn't be flying over bumps, or dips. Scraping is part of being low. It's a lifestyle and if you don't like it you don't. But if you're not low, don't act like you know how to drive a car.
What does not being slammed have to do with driver skill/ ability? Sounds smug to me.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #226
Svizzara
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98554
What I Drive: '01 SPI Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Svizzara Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The last few pages =

Don't you dare disagree with "stance" in the slightest, or make a grammatical error, lest you receive personal attacks from the thread guard dog that is Wobbn08! Grr... I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post - or my low post count, or my mostly stock car - by him, but I fully expect it given the contents of the last few pages. Even though I haven't given my opinion on the topic whatsoever. Try relaxing, it's good for the heart. Or move on over to StanceWorks. You're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by Svizzara; 12-13-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Grammar, so Wobbn08 doesn't kill me
Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #227
Wobbn08
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickboy View Post
What does not being slammed have to do with driver skill/ ability? Sounds smug to me.
There was supposed to be another "lowered" in there. That's my mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svizzara View Post
The last few pages =

Don't you dare disagree with "stance" in the slightest, lest you receive personal attacks from the thread guard dog that is Wobbn08! Grr... I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post by him, but I fully expect it given the contents of the last few pages. Even though I haven't given my opinion on the topic whatsoever. Try relaxing, it's good for the heart. Or move on over to StanceWorks.
I'm not saying you can't disagree with "stance" by any means. I'm saying you can't come into a thread and completely bash the idea of "stance" when you've never done it, never driven the car, and don't know what it actually does to a car. Can it affect performance? Yes it can, if done improperly. But if its done correct, it can handle well.

Perfect example: A stanced Focus that was autocrossing(And WON)
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'm not flaming, just proving points that people don't know what they are talking about. So call it what you will.
SES #018
Old 12-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #228
wrc_fan
slow

Fan#: 11913
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Duratec 08 WRX Hatch

FF Reputation: 23 wrc_fan Great Standing Member
I have never seen a "stanced" car win an autox, ever.

"Hella Functional - Raced, Not Hard Parked"
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #229
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
I'd have to say that "stanced" or "Slammed" for looks is often done a bit differently than "Lowered" for performance.

That's probably where the "difference of opinions" starts!

For performance, depending on the TYPE of performance you're building towards you can EASILY reach the point of diminishing returns where "lower" isn't "better".

(suspension travel required, spring rate & matching dampers, suspension geometry changes - quite a bit comes into play when performance is the objective)

From what I've seen, MOST of those pursuing "stancing" for looks ignore handling & ride in the pursuit of appearance, and the low ride is often achieved "on the cheap" making the vehicle more of a display item than a "driver".

Hence the argument.

Plenty of exceptions I'm sure, including air ride, but IMHO those that are done well enough to avoid some of the pitfalls fall into their own category (not "simply" slammed) so we need a new name to cover them!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #230
Svizzara
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98554
What I Drive: '01 SPI Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Svizzara Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Indifference is bliss! Do what you want with your vehicle, as long as it's legal. It's your time and money!

Last edited by SkyPilot; 12-13-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: youtube vid removed

Bookmarks & Social Networks