Post your mod pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 50 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #491
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast
 
BaconZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98205
Location: Winston Salem, NC
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

Posts: 464
FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Took some time Saturday to cover almost all of the chrome trim pieces w/ black vinyl, and installed my splash guards. Removing the trim pieces wasn't horrible, but I did have to remove the mirrors to get to the front door pieces. Overall, I'm very happy.

BaconZombie is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #492
TiStick
Boob Whisperer
 
TiStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96514
Location: Los Banos, CA
What I Drive: LesVagon

Posts: 6,104
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
Took some time Saturday to cover almost all of the chrome trim pieces w/ black vinyl, and installed my splash guards. Removing the trim pieces wasn't horrible, but I did have to remove the mirrors to get to the front door pieces. Overall, I'm very happy.
Take pics of the removal process? Looks so much better w/o chrome Got the vinyl, just need to prioritize this soon!!
__________________
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
TiStick is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #493
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast
 
BaconZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98205
Location: Winston Salem, NC
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

Posts: 464
FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
Take pics of the removal process? Looks so much better w/o chrome Got the vinyl, just need to prioritize this soon!!
Thanks. I like it without the chrome, too. I did not take pics of the process, sorry. I should have. Pretty simple, though. For the 2 pieces at the windows, just start at the back and slowly pull upwards. You'll be taking the entire trim piece off, not just the chrome. You can take just the chrome off, but it's ridiculously hard to get back on (trust me!). The front piece on the fender, pull up gently from the bottom. Take the clips off with the piece. When you put it back on, start from the top and press down.
You will need to remove the mirrors to get the front door pieces off. Inside the front door, pop the piece off around the tweeter starting just inside the door. There are two clips that go into the door, then just gently remove it. Behind it you will find 3 torx bolts to remove the mirrors.
The rear piece (near the small rear windows) I did not remove. I simply fitted the vinyl the best I could with the help of a $14 heat gun from Harbor Freight.
BaconZombie is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #494
dyn085
That Guy
 
dyn085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98047
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Posts: 12,125
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarson View Post
Finished my Eibach Sportline install tonight. I'll be posting much more, but here is a teaser photo ; )


P.S. those are not settled yet. Hehehe
That looks awesome, and you've definitely got a ways to go before it's fully settled. I would imagine that this was immediately following the drop because that's about where my Pro-Kit springs landed after about 2k miles.

I hope to see more pics in the future
__________________

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
dyn085 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #495
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95184
Location: Tucson, AZ
What I Drive: 2012 5 dr SEL in Race Red

Posts: 248
FF Reputation: 1 JimsterG Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just my opinion, but it looks too old school, like what people used to do to Civics in the 90's
JimsterG is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #496
BLarson
Focus Fanatic
 
BLarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Fan#: 58905
Location: East Bay, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

Posts: 2,997
FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm not going to take up a bunch of space on here because I dedicated a new thread to it, but here is my before and after pic of my new Eibach Sportlines.

Not settled yet.
BLarson is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #497
F'nClassy
Eh!
 
F'nClassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97270
Location: Brantford, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

Posts: 11,225
FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
Thanks. I like it without the chrome, too. I did not take pics of the process, sorry. I should have. Pretty simple, though. For the 2 pieces at the windows, just start at the back and slowly pull upwards. You'll be taking the entire trim piece off, not just the chrome. You can take just the chrome off, but it's ridiculously hard to get back on (trust me!). The front piece on the fender, pull up gently from the bottom. Take the clips off with the piece. When you put it back on, start from the top and press down.
You will need to remove the mirrors to get the front door pieces off. Inside the front door, pop the piece off around the tweeter starting just inside the door. There are two clips that go into the door, then just gently remove it. Behind it you will find 3 torx bolts to remove the mirrors.
The rear piece (near the small rear windows) I did not remove. I simply fitted the vinyl the best I could with the help of a $14 heat gun from Harbor Freight.
pre-cut vinyl?
__________________
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
F'nClassy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #498
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast
 
BaconZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98205
Location: Winston Salem, NC
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

Posts: 464
FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post
pre-cut vinyl?
Nope, just bought a roll of 12" x 48" matte black vinyl off of Ebay for like $6. It really wasn't that hard to do, just took some time and finesse.
BaconZombie is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #499
F'nClassy
Eh!
 
F'nClassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97270
Location: Brantford, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

Posts: 11,225
FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
Nope, just bought a roll of 12" x 48" matte black vinyl off of Ebay for like $6. It really wasn't that hard to do, just took some time and finesse.
did you cut it after applying or before?
__________________
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
F'nClassy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #500
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast
 
BaconZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98205
Location: Winston Salem, NC
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

Posts: 464
FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
After. I cut it into close sizes, then laid it down, then trimmed all of the excess off. Much easier to work with it if you have a little extra. (Insert perverted joke here).
BaconZombie is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.