Post your mod pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 208 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #2071
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010
 
Shade-010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87369
Location: Noblesville, IN
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Posts: 9,730
FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Looks interesting but that big of a wing might look funny on a slow car.
You have a slow car? sounds like a personal problem.... and that wing isnt that big either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matasickle View Post
Fixed that for you.
lol
__________________
2012 Ford Focus SE Sport-5 speed-203A package
Basline 1 -155.48hp 145.80 tq 93 oct. Lunchbox delete & K-N Drop in filter.
Dyno 2 -161.86 hp 151.6 tq - 93 oct. RDC 2.5" Catback & K-N Drop in filter.
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Shade-010 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #2072
TiStick
Boob Whisperer
 
TiStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96514
Location: Los Banos, CA
What I Drive: LesVagon

Posts: 6,092
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
You have a slow car? sounds like a personal problem.... and that wing isnt that big either.
Really not much larger then the OE ST wing. I like the more aggressive profile of the dual plane design.

I love the logic used to slam this design. If an aggressive wing isn't appropriate for a "slow" car, then the same could be said for putting Hawk pads and sticky tires on. It's a slow car, you don't need to stop or corner better.....

For a "slow" car, looks can be just as important as performance (to set you apart from the sheeple who use these as commuters), since the potential for both is currently limited.
__________________
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
TiStick is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #2073
Rogerschro
Focus Addict
 
Rogerschro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90661
Location: Bellbrook, OH
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

Posts: 759
FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiStick View Post
Really not much larger then the OE ST wing. I like the more aggressive profile of the dual plane design.

I love the logic used to slam this design. If an aggressive wing isn't appropriate for a "slow" car, then the same could be said for putting Hawk pads and sticky tires on. It's a slow car, you don't need to stop or corner better.....

For a "slow" car, looks can be just as important as performance (to set you apart from the sheeple who use these as commuters), since the potential for both is currently limited.

And really, they just sit there and get photo time anyway!
Rogerschro is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #2074
OPsDad
Focus Addict
 
OPsDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108661
Location: Denham Springs, LA
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

Posts: 727
FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Shouldn't have to be a mod on a Titanium, but it is.

__________________
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
OPsDad is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #2075
NickCornell
Focus Fanatic
 
NickCornell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97233
Location: Indiana, PA
What I Drive: 2012 Race red Focus SEL

Posts: 4,619
FF Reputation: 12 NickCornell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've wanted an aggressive looking wing since I got this car, super excited for the RS


Sent while Slideways
__________________
#SonicsMK3Crew
Follow #projectstreetdevil on IG @BBNickC
BUILD THREAD: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323533
NickCornell is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #2076
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 4,070
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
You have a slow car? sounds like a personal problem.... and that wing isnt that big either.

lol
No,I actually drive a fast car.

I expected that but let's be real,a Focus isn't that quick in a straight line but it does give some thrills in the twisities. I guess I'm a little jaded having drag raced a 12 second 4 banger for quite a while and now the STI satisfies that need right now. My Focus is the daily driver that good great MPGs and is a hoot to drive but when you can't even take down the mom in her Accord next to you I consider it slow.
I do consider the ST (mid 14s isn't slow) to be a real good start with actual potential to compete with cars well out of it's class.

Tires and suspension and better brake pads actually function to make any car slow or fast better and you will see real world results from such but a wing is for looks only and I do get the wanting to stand a part since the Focus is such a common car and I plan in doing a better wing on mine but I'm just saying that wing is a bit much on any car. If it was on a Civic most people on here would have a varied opinion.
I want to see the wing mounted to judge it's size.

No harm,it's just my opinion from being involved in the sport compact hobby for the last 20 years I've seen it all and not much changes.
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #2077
TiStick
Boob Whisperer
 
TiStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96514
Location: Los Banos, CA
What I Drive: LesVagon

Posts: 6,092
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
No,I actually drive a fast car.

I expected that but let's be real,a Focus isn't that quick in a straight line but it does give some thrills in the twisities. I guess I'm a little jaded having drag raced a 12 second 4 banger for quite a while and now the STI satisfies that need right now. My Focus is the daily driver that good great MPGs and is a hoot to drive but when you can't even take down the mom in her Accord next to you I consider it slow.
I do consider the ST (mid 14s isn't slow) to be a real good start with actual potential to compete with cars well out of it's class.

Tires and suspension and better brake pads actually function to make any car slow or fast better and you will see real world results from such but a wing is for looks only and I do get the wanting to stand a part since the Focus is such a common car and I plan in doing a better wing on mine but I'm just saying that wing is a bit much on any car. If it was on a Civic most people on here would have a varied opinion.
I want to see the wing mounted to judge it's size.

No harm,it's just my opinion from being involved in the sport compact hobby for the last 20 years I've seen it all and not much changes.
We're not talking about a huge tuner wing on metal struts 2 ft above the trunklid here. This is a factory Focus Mk2 RS wing we are going to adapt to the Mk3. If they ever release a Mk3 RS here, that wing will prolly be very similar to what we are doing.
__________________
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
TiStick is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #2078
Wasney
Focus Enthusiast
 
Wasney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109571
Location: Saginaw, MI
What I Drive: 5SPD 2013 Focus SE

Posts: 428
FF Reputation: 2 Wasney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
Shouldn't have to be a mod on a Titanium, but it is.

[IMG]ENGINE COVER[/IMG]
I need one of these for my SE...looks messy without it -_-
Wasney is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #2079
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010
 
Shade-010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87369
Location: Noblesville, IN
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Posts: 9,730
FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post

Tires and suspension and better brake pads actually function to make any car slow or fast better and you will see real world results from such but a wing is for looks only and I do get the wanting to stand a part since the Focus is such a common car and I plan in doing a better wing on mine but I'm just saying that wing is a bit much on any car. If it was on a Civic most people on here would have a varied opinion.
I want to see the wing mounted to judge it's size.

No harm,it's just my opinion from being involved in the sport compact hobby for the last 20 years I've seen it all and not much changes.
Actually at speeds 65 and above, and depending on the conditions and aggressiveness of the Wings, they are very functional.
__________________
2012 Ford Focus SE Sport-5 speed-203A package
Basline 1 -155.48hp 145.80 tq 93 oct. Lunchbox delete & K-N Drop in filter.
Dyno 2 -161.86 hp 151.6 tq - 93 oct. RDC 2.5" Catback & K-N Drop in filter.
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Shade-010 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #2080
OPsDad
Focus Addict
 
OPsDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108661
Location: Denham Springs, LA
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

Posts: 727
FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
Actually at speeds 65 and above, and depending on the conditions and aggressiveness of the Wings, they are very functional.
I'm guessing that a hatch wing, properly designed, assists with highway MPG as well, breaking vacuum behind the car.
__________________
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
OPsDad is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.