My almost legaly mad not so build thread build thread - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
CotyM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85558
What I Drive: blue, y2k, 5spd ZX3, zetec inside

FF Reputation: 3 CotyM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation My almost legaly mad not so build thread build thread

So I finally decided to make one of these... This wont be much of a "build thread" seeing as I leave for boot camp in less than 2 weeks so the very earliest I'll get to work on it in mid January, but regardless here is my early 2000 Ford focus ZX3!

So some quick history first... As it was when I bought it, my first car, age 17 (I paid for it, not my parents):

I've done allot of work to it and as you can't tell to much in the pic it was in pretty rough shape, the owner used it as a dumpster and the CEL had a billion codes, some rust, only 1 brake worked so I did the disks and paid a macanic to do the drums and replace the rear springs that were completly shot, meaning the rear springs were actually broken in half... A/C didn't work, fan blower worked only on 3, radio didn't work because of the infamous faceplate issue, and it had some electrical problems... Regardless I paid $1400 for it whitch at that time was good because gas was over $4 dollars and was expected to reach $5 so it was a bad time to try to get anything less than a v6...

Anyway 2 1/2 years later she is 20x better than she was when I bought her...

Everything is still a work in progress, I tend to jump around from project to project so... yeah...

Mods so far:

- Performance mods:
-- Cold air intake.
-- The "Big 3" electric upgrade.

- Exterior mods:
-- 100% de-badged
-- 50% rino-lighned
-- Sylvania ZXE bulbs
-- Cheap generic $9.99 a pair mud flaps because I live in the country...

- Interor mods:
-- x2 Dome tweeters
-- x2 Lanzer max8 subwoofers (Still actually breaking them in, but don't hit hard with bass tuned songs, but they arn't afraid to really get down with Gun's and roses)
-- Cheap @$$ Daul single DIN head unit I got because I needed a new radio out of the blue, that I wrapped in carbon fiber vinal.
-- LED dome light, needs to be mentioned because it is awesome!
-- Seat covers because the facory seats are ruined!
-- floooor mats, because that's a mod!

Mods planned or on their way:

-Performance mods:
-- Steal braded brake lines.
-- SVT header and cat back exguast... (Still collecting parts, slowly but surly)
-- toms tune. (someday)

-Exterior mods:

-- Maybe a 1.5-2" drop... we'll see. ;)
-- Maybe a SVT wing... we'll see. ;)
-- After market HIDS and projector lights... iWANT

-Interior mods:
-- Flocked black upper dash dash top. (thinking of putting it on top of plasti-dip)
-- Maybe a better stereo system... we'll see ;)
-- Heated seats, THIS IS HAPPENING!

Here is how she stands today (in need of a bath):

Ignore the rough spot were the ford badge should be, ran out of sand paper, so It's going to be like that "for now"...

2 cheap dome tweeters installed in the mirror panels... call me whatever, but they work wonderfully for just $12.

My half completed SUB boxes I made from fiberglass to save space with 2 Lanzar MAX8s... Sound great playing "classic rock"... First fiber glass project I did... Like I said, still working on them; so ignore the sylicon, I just really wanted to hear them, lol:

That's "all" for now, not a whole lot but I love it

Hatch Nation #32

I'm mad! Your mad! We're all mad here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Subscribed.

Not a big fan of the black half of the exterior but that's just me. Good to see that another one of these cars was saved from the salvage yard.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Old 11-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Reminds me of this:

Old 11-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
CotyM
Focus Addict

HAHAHA, Yeah it's definitely a love it or hate it thing, I personally like it but hence "almost legally mad" . The only problem I personally have with the two tone is that it really limits what cosmetic mods I can do without looking like a complete cluster.
Hatch Nation #32

Old 11-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Id consider redoing those sub boxes. They dont look like they save much space in that state. Check out my custom sub-boxes, with a .zip archive including cad-plans so you can build your own. link

I actually kind of like the two-tone look you have going. Definitely unique.

My only recommendation: lower that 4x4 beast. you dont need to slam it, but get some decent springs on there at least. I recommend H&R Sport springs, they will give you enough clearance to handle dirt roads without worry, but give you a decent ride-height.

"Ford Focus ST - the official car of message-board circle-jerks"
-Regular Car Reviews
Old 11-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
badazz2010focus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78166
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
wow vehicross LOL
Old 11-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
CotyM
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
Id consider redoing those sub boxes. They dont look like they save much space in that state. Check out my custom sub-boxes, with a .zip archive including cad-plans so you can build your own. link
The passenger side if defenently going to be rebuilt... Drive side is pretty good I think (when fully pushed in) as it wraps around the inner fender and only protrudes about 2 1/2 inches so it it occupying what is basically unusable space... The passenger side one is horrible however... It does act as a cover for the amp and crossover, but at the same time... I simply rushed it way to fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
My only recommendation: lower that 4x4 beast. you dont need to slam it, but get some decent springs on there at least. I recommend H&R Sport springs, they will give you enough clearance to handle dirt roads without worry, but give you a decent ride-height.
Lowering it is in my plans, haven't decided what spring and or struts, but I'll defiantly look into the H&R sport

EDIT: Dang I just checked that file, looks like you did some serious planning there I never draw anything, I just imagine and do, lol...

Hmm, I might try to do what you did but a little different... could probably just put both sub in one box...
Hatch Nation #32

Last edited by CotyM; 11-04-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks