Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The duratec long tube headers fit!!! (no check engine light)

132K views 310 replies 88 participants last post by  NickCornell 
#1 ·
Time to make some waves on the forums people. Get Ready for this. Just Finished with NO MODIFICATIONS Adding a Long Tube Header and Flex with No Modifications at all to the original exhaust.

I drove over 75 miles already without a single Check Engine Light for the CAT Effieciency Code.

The Header is F2 (But Im positive The Fswerks header will Fit even better).

It even has the spot to bolt the extra bolt that was on the Duratec manifolds!

This is a Direct Bolt on With NO MODIFICATIONS NEEDED TO FINISH!

Since I am a Perfectionist since the pipe was 1/2" short and it pulled the exhaust slightly forward I cut and welded a 3/4" extension to the cat back to make it go back to the perfect position it was in.

I dont expect rep to be posted. But for all the shit you guys give me for being dishonest or not knowing anything about this platform I certainly deserve some. (considering I have owned 8 Ford Focuses since 2000)

ENJOY!

(Also FSWERKs we spoke already today Im sorry for the mix up but im sure your header will fit since this one does and you can link this to your facebook you have my permission)

(C-F-M William hope this helps you guys so you can start selling some fswerks Long tubes)

See less See more
#7 ·
Time to make some waves on the forums people. Get Ready for this. Just Finished with NO MODIFICATIONS Adding a Long Tube Header and Flex with No Modifications at all to the original exhaust.

I drove over 75 miles already without a single Check Engine Light for the CAT Effieciency Code.

The Header is F2 (But Im positive The Fswerks header will Fit even better).
It even has the spot to bolt the extra bolt that was on the Duratec manifolds!

This is a Direct Bolt on With NO MODIFICATIONS NEEDED TO FINISH!

Since I am a Perfectionist since the pipe was 1/2" short and it pulled the exhaust slightly forward I cut and welded a 3/4" extension to the cat back to make it go back to the perfect position it was in.

I dont expect rep to be posted. But for all the shit you guys give me for being dishonest or not knowing anything about this platform I certainly deserve some. (considering I have owned 8 Ford Focuses since 2000)

ENJOY!

(Also FSWERKs we spoke already today Im sorry for the mix up but im sure your header will fit since this one does and you can link this to your facebook you have my permission)

(C-F-M William hope this helps you guys so you can start selling some fswerks Long tubes)
Looks good. Let us know what kind of sound difference it makes!

As for the rest, we don't give you shit for not knowing anything about Focuses...we give you shit because you stubbornly defend your position and call other people out about it.

EDIT: Also, I'm only semi-surprised that it fit because the engine *is* a Duratec.

#9 ·
So you can install this and an aftermarket exhaust like the FSWerks Stealth and keep all the cats in their original location? That's pretty much the most important thing for me when it comes to modding the emissions system as CA is pretty strict on the visual inspection. And I know from another thread there seems to be some confusion about whether PZEV or any other Foci have different cats

#17 ·
Very cool man, great to know some older models parts fit [headbang][headbang][headbang] Time to save up the green

#22 ·
Interested to see what numbers you put down, and even more interested to see what numbers people get after adding a cat and what tuning can do for us.
I have been looking at doing headers and a high flow cat, there are 3 options for off the shelf exhaust systems

fswerks race: single muffler, so cat would have to go towards the back of the car, ideally the cat is as close to the engine as possible because the hotter the exhaust gases the better for the cat, i doubt this would pass inspection. Would have to cut pipe somewhere and weld cat in.

fswerks stealth: dual muffler, not much room for cat between mufflers unless cat was directly next to muffler which would probably impact performance. Or remove first muffler, replace with cat and weld extra length of pipe.

Borla: dual muffler, would have to replace first muffler with cat, and weld extra pipe, only 2.25 inch instead of 2.5"

none of the solutions are ideal and all would require welding

#23 ·
Hmm, I'll check out FSWerks headers on there site. I may experiment with a set if I can order one next week. You are crazy man. Always the guinea pig. I usually like to wait tip the kit is made for the car specifically but that fits really well. If you could take another video of your exhaust setup and what it sounds like with this header that would be awesome. I'll look up the hp gains on their site.

#25 ·
Nice FocusBoy! I never doubted you either and you've been helpful to me through PM. Keep us posted on any potential CELs as you put on more miles.

#32 ·
The butt Dyno feels great duratec usually see 15-20whp with full headers and exhaust. The sound is quieter then the fswerks race system still. No drone at any speed while cruising it sounds like my car doesn't even have exhaust. My system could be considered a 2.5" stealth system.

Reactions: BetaDnB and Vuj311
#37 ·
SO installing this header, you lose the Cats?

and can you post picture of your flex pipe rubber fix?

#40 ·
Why is everyone considering sticking a cat towards the end of the exhaust? Yes less efficient like it has been posted but why not just run without one instead of worrying about modifying an exhaust to put one in?

Is it emissions testing, visual inspection for you guys with states that require it?
Or the law saying you have to have one? No one is going to pull you over to check.

#41 ·
Im confused aswell. Obd cars 1996I and up with no check engine codes do not receive visual inspection and a sniffer. So what's the big deal? California you can forget it they try and hit you for everything there.

#47 ·
Excellant job FocusBoy. Now I know what my next mod will be. Got an appointment with the Dyno, 30th of April to see what I get with mods so far.
I had to ask if they do front drivers. Does any one know if I will have to remove the undertray so it can be strapped down on the dyno?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.