Dominic Biro / Dominanteng.com - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
02chromeyellowzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83522
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 02chromeyellowzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Dominic Biro / Dominanteng.com

*EDIT* I received an email this morning from Dominic. I was told they were on there way. He said I would receive a shipment notification when the shipping label was printed. I did not receive the notification but did find the box on my steps as I was headed out for work this afternoon. Glad to finally have them, still disappointed about the communication issues during this whole process. May 6, 2011.

On March 30, 2011 I ordered a set of rear camber arms for my 02 zx5 from Dominic @ dominanteng.com. He told me that they would take 3-7 days at the powder coat place and then would be shipped out. One month and 15 emails later I have not received my arms, cannot get a hold of him, nor can I file a complaint through pay*pal. First he lost my email address, then he couldn't find my shipping address because it wasn't listed on pay*pal (which it is and always has been. I checked) and now I just can't get a response from him.

Last edited by 02chromeyellowzx5; 05-14-2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I know you somewhat new to the site, but this is a big problem with some people and pay-pal. If you see it saying the money your giving him is a gift or a non purchase of goods, then the person on the other end of the deal is going to beat you for your money.

It should always have a very good description of what is going on, what is being bought, in what condition, when should it arrive, and for what make and model the seller says it fits, this way even if you get it and it doesn't fit or something, you can dispute it with pay-pal if the seller is not responding or avoiding you or sold you something different then what was agreed on.

Now I know this is a online site, but you should not have agrees to sending the money with the receipt saying the money is not for goods.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 05-05-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
02chromeyellowzx5
Focus Enthusiast

I've had PayPal for almost 10 years now and never had an issue till now. I contacted them about it, still waiting for a reply. I last heard from him 3 days ago and emailed my address to him twice that same day. I made the payment from my iphone app but never remember anything about it being a 'gift' payment. Just thought I would put up this post just incase anybody else decides they want something from this guy to really think twice about it. I found out about this guy and his site from another member on this site ( DirtBrown) and I guess (Demented SVTF) apparently purchased from him from what I understand. It really sucks because $180 is an entire paycheck for me.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I am really sorry to hear this man, I know what you mean about the $180 being a lot for you, I used to work for stop & shop, and... ugh... the worst experience ever.

but I do hope you get this figurered out, either way be very careful and read everything from a computer before agreeing next time.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 05-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
tjboston5676
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71200
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 3 tjboston5676 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
he makes really good products and from what i have heard is a good seller...i bought and orp and flex from him last year through ff and everything went wel. just try contacting him again through the website
HATCH NATION #56

2004 Sonic Blue SVT!!! 2.5" orp and flex and trubendz catback, toms tune, steeda sts, custom intake, good ol motocraft copper plugs!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #6
02chromeyellowzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjboston5676 View Post
just try contacting him again through the website
I've gotten back on his site and the only way I have found to contact him was through his email address. I really wish he had a phone number. I'll just keep sending an email a day until I get them I guess.

Workin @ Domino's for $5.15/hr does suck.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #7
Rudel
FF's Quadriplegic!

Fan#: 13465
What I Drive: 2.3 ATX-RSVT

FF Reputation: 15 Rudel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
He's also busy himself as a one-man workshop. It may have been a month, but give him some time. He has so much projects going on. The powder coater might also be busy too. He really is a good guy and makes quality parts. It's just that sometime it may take a while to get it pushed out.

If you want to order something from him, I'd suggest doing it over email, and then send him payments NOT through his website, but separately in paypal to his email address. That way you can select your product type.

Part III: Install Handicap Driving Controls
Ma Cah: http://imgur.com/a/TuyYL
Old 05-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #8
Focalized31
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34464
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Focalized31 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I believe your blowing things out of line!! Im done business with Dom, no trouble.. Ive gotten EVERYTHING suspension wise you can get from dominant engineering.. Last i emailed him.. HE is VERY BUSY! he does all work himself.. SO pls be patient.. Also he no longer has an account here for certain reasons... NOBODY that i know of, or have ever read about HAS EVER had problems with DOm. Im sure you will recieve your parts soon enough!!! Doms a good guy... Trust in him, be patient!!!!

-Chris
Old 05-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #9
Focalized31
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34464
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Focalized31 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel View Post
He's also busy himself as a one-man workshop. It may have been a month, but give him some time. He has so much projects going on. The powder coater might also be busy too. He really is a good guy and makes quality parts. It's just that sometime it may take a while to get it pushed out.

If you want to order something from him, I'd suggest doing it over email, and then send him payments NOT through his website, but separately in paypal to his email address. That way you can select your product type.
"LIKE"
Old 05-06-2011, 02:05 AM   #10
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel View Post
But even in that case, he should be on top of it and sending out an email letting him know that it's going to be longer than expected. That's his responsibility as a business owner. Or it should have been stated in the beginning that he does it all himself, so there may be a setback.

If a seller gives someone a set date that their parts will ship by, and for some reason that date has to change, first priority is to let the buyer know. Not keep them waiting and keep them guessing.

Hopefully this gets resolved because it sounds like he's a decent guy. Just not making the best decisions.

Bookmarks & Social Networks