2012 focus time from order to delivery? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #21
Woodsman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96888
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Woodsman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I ordered mine on 23 April.

VIN came on 14 May.

Printed the sticker on 15 May.

Looks like it will be built this week.

I am looking forward to this car.

2012 Focus: 2.0L Duratec GDI, Hatchback, SE Sport, 3.82 Torque Vectoring, 5MT, Winter Package, 203A, Race Red - Original Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #22
CS_Evans
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99130
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CS_Evans Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggc View Post
just have patience,but your dealer should be in touch with you. i had to 1000.00 down
i started march 19 an just got a vin last week.
Yeah, the lack of communication from the dealer is sorta what is concerning me. I expected to at least have some kind of info by now. I'll keep waiting and hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #23
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS_Evans View Post
Yeah, the lack of communication from the dealer is sorta what is concerning me. I expected to at least have some kind of info by now. I'll keep waiting and hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Lack of dealer communication is status quo, even for those of us who put down cash deposits.

If you have the dealer name/order number or VIN, PM FordCustomerService with that info. She (Noemi) can track it down. Don't expect an immediate response from Noemi, it WILL take a few days.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
Woodsman
Focus Enthusiast

I ordered mine on 23 April.

VIN came on 14 May.

Printed the sticker on 15 May.

It was built this week.

Dealer just notified me that it is in transit.

I am looking forward to this car even more now.

2012 Focus: 2.0L Duratec GDI, Hatchback, SE Sport, 3.82 Torque Vectoring, 5MT, Winter Package, 203A, Race Red - Original Owner
Old 05-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #25
Woodsman
Focus Enthusiast

Picked up my new Focus today. I have already put 86 miles on it. Can't wait to see it in the light.

I am stoked!

-JR

Old 05-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
donbru
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98570
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE 203a Sirius 5mt race

FF Reputation: 1 donbru Good Standing Member
Talking Just built

Ordered April 30
Got VIN May 23
Built May 25
My dealer expects in 10 days
This is exciting aint it
Old 05-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #27
Woodsman
Focus Enthusiast

Second day. I am still lovin' it.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #28
CS_Evans
Focus Rookie

I went to the dealer today since no one was returning my calls and the info that I received was disappointing to say the least. They told me they've requested the car that I thought I was ordering and they're waiting for it or something close enough to come up in their inventory but they have no idea when/if what I wanted/ordered would actually come in. Now I may just settle on a SEL that comes in early next month. I guess I misunderstood what they meant when they told me back in March that they could order the car I wanted. I was under the impression that meant they put in a special order or something especially since they gave me a time frame of 4-6 weeks.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #29
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS_Evans View Post
I went to the dealer today since no one was returning my calls and the info that I received was disappointing to say the least. They told me they've requested the car that I thought I was ordering and they're waiting for it or something close enough to come up in their inventory but they have no idea when/if what I wanted/ordered would actually come in. Now I may just settle on a SEL that comes in early next month. I guess I misunderstood what they meant when they told me back in March that they could order the car I wanted. I was under the impression that meant they put in a special order or something especially since they gave me a time frame of 4-6 weeks.
Did you fill out a contract and/or put a deposit down? If not, then you didn't order one.

Find a different dealer, sounds like the one you have is leaving some details out of the process. Wonder what else they'll miss...?
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 AM   #30
CS_Evans
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
Did you fill out a contract and/or put a deposit down? If not, then you didn't order one.

Find a different dealer, sounds like the one you have is leaving some details out of the process. Wonder what else they'll miss...?
Nope, I wasn't asked to and the exact response after agreeing to "order" was "Okay, I'll give ya a call in 4-6 weeks."

Today I mentioned what I thought the order process was to the salesperson and they replied telling me they can't do it that way. They told me all they can do is put a request for more Titanium Focuses and pretty much wait for one to come in that fits the criteria that I want, in other words they do not custom order. This is my first time purchasing a car so I'm not sure if this issue is more my fault or theirs. Either way, I am definitely thinking of going to a different dealer despite actually liking the salesperson I have been trying to deal with.

Should I go ahead and seek out another dealer or just wait and settle for the SEL? Any advice is appreciated, I feel stupid for not knowing what I'm doing or what's status quo and what isn't.

Bookmarks & Social Networks