Extreme Dimentions Duraflex Bumper Facia - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Extreme Dimensions, Inc

Extreme Dimensions, Inc Discuss about body kits, carbon fiber hoods and appearance upgrades for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Extreme Dimensions

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Double///A\\\Ron
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 74317
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX5 5-Speed Manual

FF Reputation: 1 Double///A\\\Ron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Extreme Dimentions Duraflex Bumper Facia

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently doing some research in aftermarket bumper covers and having read a lot of discussions of fiber vs poly and fitment/durability issues, i've been very curious about this particular product.

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2...r00235153.html

I'm just wondering if anyone has used this product and if anyone has had any fitment issues with it. Any feedback regarding the quality of the material would be helpful too, it appears that this has much more flex than regular fiberglass but i'm looking to seperate hype from realworld results.

I had someone back into my bumper last winter and the oem plastic shattered like thin ice. I can't imagine they hit it too hard because there's no other damage beyond the facia. I would like to get something a tad sportier looking than the regular OEM bumper though.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Extreme Dimensions
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 53558
What I Drive: Too Many To List

FF Reputation: 2 Extreme Dimensions Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Hey,

That's a great choice on your end. For the life of this bumper we've sold 45 pieces. Only 1 was returned due to an the wholesaler loosing the sale. The bumper is a lot more flexible then the conventional fiberglass bumper. But it will never compare to a urethane part. The decision is up to you at the end of the day. Just so you know FF.com members get an exclusive discount on parts, so shoot me a PM if you are interested. Thank you!
**Group Buys Welcome**
Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
That is great looking bumper. Had almost considered doing a front end conversion so I could use this bumper.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 03-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
Double///A\\\Ron
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 74317
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX5 5-Speed Manual

FF Reputation: 1 Double///A\\\Ron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the replies.

Like i said my main concern is how well it fits, and i agree on the looks it was one of the most eye-catching to me also.

I will shoot you that PM as soon as I'm ready to make the purchase, my cracked facia has been driving me nuts for a while though it might be a month or so before i can make that purchase.

I'm tempted to do an installation writeup of the particular part to share my experience, since i'm a rookie at automotive work, it should be fun.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
I have the Extreme Dimensions Duraflex pro-DTM front bumper, I know it's not the one you are looking at, but from my experience with the duraflex bumper has been awesome!!!! They give you instructions, which are very easy to follow and mounting hardware. I took the bumper in to have it professionally painted, then took it home and installed it myself. It took me less than and hour to install and it lined up perfectly, so I am sure that all of their products are a perfect match. They take OEM bodyparts to use as a template for their aftermarket ones.

As far as being durable, hell yeah duraflex is!!! Last week a fly-by-night carpet installer was driving down the highway in the fast lane with a load of unsecured carpet in the back, so I get in the slow lane to pass him(cause I didn't want to get hit by a roll of carpet) sure enough just as I try to pass him a roll of carpet comes rolling off, slammed right into the front of my bumper. So I pull over expecting him to do the same(he didn't) I unlodged the huge roll of carpet from the front and no damage at all, nope not one little crack. So trust me these guys know what they are doing when it comes to making strong, cool looking bodyparts out of duraflex.

i hope this review helps.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
Extreme Dimensions
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 53558
What I Drive: Too Many To List

FF Reputation: 2 Extreme Dimensions Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
I have the Extreme Dimensions Duraflex pro-DTM front bumper, I know it's not the one you are looking at, but from my experience with the duraflex bumper has been awesome!!!! They give you instructions, which are very easy to follow and mounting hardware. I took the bumper in to have it professionally painted, then took it home and installed it myself. It took me less than and hour to install and it lined up perfectly, so I am sure that all of their products are a perfect match. They take OEM bodyparts to use as a template for their aftermarket ones.

As far as being durable, hell yeah duraflex is!!! Last week a fly-by-night carpet installer was driving down the highway in the fast lane with a load of unsecured carpet in the back, so I get in the slow lane to pass him(cause I didn't want to get hit by a roll of carpet) sure enough just as I try to pass him a roll of carpet comes rolling off, slammed right into the front of my bumper. So I pull over expecting him to do the same(he didn't) I unlodged the huge roll of carpet from the front and no damage at all, nope not one little crack. So trust me these guys know what they are doing when it comes to making strong, cool looking bodyparts out of duraflex.

**Group Buys Welcome**
Old 04-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
lol.
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #8
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post

look on the bright side you got a free roll of carpet....
Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
look on the bright side you got a free roll of carpet....
Yeah
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month

Bookmarks & Social Networks