Steeda CAI Now Available - Page 31 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #301
Mucrammada
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91537
What I Drive: 2013 Limited WRX Hatch, 2011 CTS

FF Reputation: 1 Mucrammada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDFOCZ View Post
Ok for the few that already had the steeda intake intalled, did you take any pictures of it installed? A few said it was a tight fit, just want to see what you all were talking about.
It feels good to be able to answer your questions! Finally. It is a bit of a tight fit, but, I think it's perfectly acceptable. The OEM intake was more of a tight fit than this. I didn't know what I was doing and it took about 40 minutes. So I think it was pretty easy, fit went well. And It wasn't too upsetting. I didn't like that I had to use a star screw, and 2 different size allen wrenches and 2 different size screw drivers. Other than that, I think it's great. It has a great response, it can get pretty loud. With this, and an exhaust this car is a different animal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #302
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thanks for the response, glad to hear it is a snug fit but not something that would be overly difficult to install. yeah, I hate those damn star bolts to get the MAF sensor out. Gave me a headache on my last car lol
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 04-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #303
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long_John View Post
Ya, thats not exactly sealed from the engine bay. I guess a little shielding is better than nothing but, still sucking hot air from the engine bay.
The shield seals itself against the hood liner when the hood is closed. It actually conforms to the hood liner. As far as I know, there isn't another on the market that does this, and likely won't be. We have a close relationship with Ford via their Technology Transfer Program, and actually used CAD data directly from Ford when engineering our heat shield so that it would perfectly conform to the hood liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucrammada View Post
I installed today! It sounds awesome when you gun it, it definitely is louder, but not unbearable! I love it!
Hey Adam, glad to hear that you are enjoying your product! Looks great BTW!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #304
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I took a couple of photos of our kit yesterday, please excuse the camera phone image quality:

Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #305
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon View Post
The shield seals itself against the hood liner when the hood is closed. It actually conforms to the hood liner.

Hey Adam, glad to hear that you are enjoying your product! Looks great BTW!
I wonder if this is why people think it is so loud, sound could be amplified across the whole hood
Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #306
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon View Post
The shield seals itself against the hood liner when the hood is closed. It actually conforms to the hood liner. As far as I know, there isn't another on the market that does this, and likely won't be. We have a close relationship with Ford via their Technology Transfer Program, and actually used CAD data directly from Ford when engineering our heat shield so that it would perfectly conform to the hood liner.
I assume the Ford engine cover is compatible with this unit.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #307
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
The Steeda kit is pricier than the others (FSWerks, injen) but it seems to be more complete. The custom MAF housing and better heat shielding make this kit superior, IMO.

Well done Steeda!
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #308
vmaxbaby
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85914
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch, GT500, Busa, 2013 SE

FF Reputation: 2 vmaxbaby Good Standing Member
I have steeda parts on my Shelby and have spent many hours talking with them back in the day when I got my car and they truly to a ton of R&D. I can't speak for the gains with their Intake and it seems a little high, and until someone else does the dyno we will never know for sure. What I do see in the pictures and have experienced from steeda is great quality products. I am sure there is some performance gains and truly no matter what the brand they are do the same thing so I would be shocked if any company could make one that gives huge power gains over another company. In the mustang world (since that is where I have most my knowledge from) what makes the most power is the company offering a bigger MAF and the tune. Everyone makes some type of tube and puts a big filter at the end of it but the tune is what wakes up the stangs so guessing a tune will wake these cars up as much as you can a 2.0 liter. No matter what bolt ons we go with (unless turbo or the like) we won't be chasing down WRX's, ST focus, etc. Just is not going to happen with exhaust and intake and tune. With that said it would still be nice to get these cars to the 180hp mark if possible. For me a little more performance a little better gas mileage is all I hope to get from mine and I will be happy.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #309
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
The Steeda kit is pricier than the others (FSWerks, injen) but it seems to be more complete. The custom MAF housing and better heat shielding make this kit superior, IMO.

Well done Steeda!
So which on do you have?
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #310
vmaxbaby
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85914
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch, GT500, Busa, 2013 SE

FF Reputation: 2 vmaxbaby Good Standing Member
After looking over all the brands out there I am going to get the Steeda. Just got the exhaust yesterday and going to order the Steeda at the end of the month.

Bookmarks & Social Networks