Steeda CAI Now Available - Page 30 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #291
Kasaris
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94178
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 Kasaris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I ordered the CAI along with the rear sway bar last night. I'm going order the FSWerks stealth exhaust next paycheck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #292
Long_John
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90299
What I Drive: 2012 Focus White

FF Reputation: 1 Long_John Good Standing Member
Ya, thats not exactly sealed from the engine bay. I guess a little shielding is better than nothing but, still sucking hot air from the engine bay.

I'll wait untill something like this comes out or I can make something similar myself. Obviously the cf is not necessary but the point remains.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #293
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
well based on what i have seen, i am going to get the ram air version and build my own heat shield/air box and use newmission's mod to push more air in.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #294
ResJudicata
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94971
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 ResJudicata Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
well based on what i have seen, i am going to get the ram air version and build my own heat shield/air box and use newmission's mod to push more air in.
+1. That seems like the best idea overall. I wonder if we can just buy the MAF housing by itself?

Chris
Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #295
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResJudicata View Post
+1. That seems like the best idea overall. I wonder if we can just buy the MAF housing by itself?

Chris
i would still want their air filter, it seems bigger than the stock, k&n and fswerks, based on images, i don't know actual measurements
Old 04-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #296
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasaris View Post
I ordered the CAI along with the rear sway bar last night. I'm going order the FSWerks stealth exhaust next paycheck.
We have matching mod lists. Just installed the CAI and rear sway bar today and they are both awesome for sure. I didn't think the sway bar would make as big of a difference as it did!

Waiting on the stealth exhaust as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwagonf View Post
I just received my intake today as well around noon and had it installed in roughly the one hour time that steeda suggests. I dont think the kit was overly complicated or crude for the $300.00 price tag. The machining that went into the new housing alone is pretty sweet.

The car does seem to breathe easier too and doesn't seem as delayed in getting up to speed (not sure about 20 ft. lb. faster but noticeable).
I would agree. There is definitely some more power throughout the powerband now. The kit is nice and it appears we both thought the same way in placing the sticker. Only difference between ours is that I conformed the moldings to the turns, though yours definitely looks easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig9080 View Post
Installation was honestly a PITA, still rather quick, but this thing does not like to go in easy and is massive for the space you are trying to squeeze it into.

It comes in as many pieces as humanely possible, and the moldings on it is longer than you need and will require trimming. Even with trimming, it doesn't fit right and the kit should have really come with some contact cement to make it work right...better yet, the moldings should have been put on at Steeda instead of just cut off a bulk reel and haphazardly thrown in the box.

...It even led me to wonder if their was a mid-year engine compartment revision that I did not know about because the housing just did not seem to fit. The random rectangle cutout on the side doesn't match up to anything in the engine compartment and just seems like a CAD mistake.

I am highly suspect of the TQ numbers at 3K RPMs.
Looks like you experienced a lot of what I did. Mine fits but the fit is far from perfect. It's like it needs to be positioned more towards the battery and fusebox but you know... the battery and fusebox are there.

Agreed on the moldings as well. That shouldn't have been to hard of a process to just have them fitted, but mine doesn't look too bad so whatever. That rectangle cutout at least let me move some sort of line (or wire, I didn't really pay attention to what it was. I just knew it was pissing me off because it would NOT get out of the way) so I could get the heatshield to fit better. I would be interested to hear what it's actually for though.

Torque definitely feels up at lower RPM's but I am still skeptical of the claims. Guess we will see when people get them dyno'd (which I might be doing before I get my stealth exhaust put on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
i would still want their air filter, it seems bigger than the stock, k&n and fswerks, based on images, i don't know actual measurements
The overall filter is definitely bigger. The opening is at least an inch bigger given it has to fit around the velocity stack.

Last edited by Bwill9886; 04-05-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #297
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwill9886 View Post

The overall filter is definitely bigger. The opening is at least an inch bigger given it has to fit around the velocity stack.
Thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #298
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Thanks, fwagonf, for the photos. That thing is huge. This is probably the one I will go with.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #299
Mucrammada
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91537
What I Drive: 2013 Limited WRX Hatch, 2011 CTS

FF Reputation: 1 Mucrammada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I installed today! It sounds awesome when you gun it, it definitely is louder, but not unbearable! I love it!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #300
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucrammada View Post
I installed today! It sounds awesome when you gun it, it definitely is louder, but not unbearable! I love it!
video?

Bookmarks & Social Networks