Steeda CAI Now Available - Page 18 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #171
ResJudicata
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94971
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 ResJudicata Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
that is backwards, 10HP and 20 torque
Thanks for pointing that out. Even better than I thought since I'd rather have the torque.

Chris
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #172
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93486
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 greg hazlett Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Before everyone goes bezerk over Steeda's dyno sheet....I would like to know if the car they used was a manual or automatic and what gear the car was dyno'd in....and yes, there is a reason for this information as dyno numbers can be "skewed" to get better results, something Steeda is known for in the mustang world.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #173
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

Points 39,585, Level 100
Points: 39,585, Level: 100 Points: 39,585, Level: 100 Points: 39,585, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Greg, the car is an auto not sure what gear the dyno was done in though. Also I'm surprised you say that the dyno may be skewed because the numbers gained are very similar to what yours was at top speed.

Note: I'm not talking peak numbers just avg gains from the intake
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 04-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #174
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

Points 20,425, Level 90
Points: 20,425, Level: 90 Points: 20,425, Level: 90 Points: 20,425, Level: 90
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Im blown away people doubt these gains are possible... like I stated these gains are similar to the duratec bolt on gains. Even when numbers are posted people don't believe them.

My question is when I end up at the Dyno and make a ridiculous number from bolt ons what will everyone say then? (I bet plenty of negatives)

Most of you are so new to the focus scene the rest have been here for so long we know what the cars are capable of and were even more excited to see that this years model is the strongest of them so far. The svt made 145-155 whp stock on aswell and it was their 170 hp engine. Be happy ford underestimated this engine.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #175
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

Points 39,585, Level 100
Points: 39,585, Level: 100 Points: 39,585, Level: 100 Points: 39,585, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Agreed, people always asked for dynos to be posted with everything. We get a Dyno, and people are still questioning it. What more is everyone looking for?

Like focusboy, I've been in the scene since the Zetecs where still rolling of the assembly line, and have come to know what to expect from each engine. Yes ours are new because of the VCT and D/I but we can still expect at minimum what the old 2.0's put out with these parts.
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #176
ResJudicata
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94971
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 ResJudicata Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDFOCZ View Post
Agreed, people always asked for dynos to be posted with everything. We get a Dyno, and people are still questioning it. What more is everyone looking for?

Like focusboy, I've been in the scene since the Zetecs where still rolling of the assembly line, and have come to know what to expect from each engine. Yes ours are new because of the VCT and D/I but we can still expect at minimum what the old 2.0's put out with these parts.
There are many of us who are watching and learning from what you two are getting done. You seem to be the only one's paying the money and effort to do the mods to find out what the results are.

To anyone questioning anyone else's results I have one question: What results did you get when you made a modification with your own money and then ran your car on the dyno with your own money?

Chris
Old 04-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #177
TonyAKAMrClean
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96571
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TonyAKAMrClean Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResJudicata View Post
There are many of us who are watching and learning from what you two are getting done. You seem to be the only one's paying the money and effort to do the mods to find out what the results are.

To anyone questioning anyone else's results I have one question: What results did you get when you made a modification with your own money and then ran your car on the dyno with your own money?

Chris
Agreed!

REDFOCZ - you don't have to say that you've got the experience with these and past foci, it shows.

FocusBoy58 - I may pm you at some point, I want to get as much out of this car as I can without engine mods... Intake, exhaust... then eventually a tune and a turbo further down the line, but if anything i'd like to get even better fuel economy, if that's possible. I know it can be, in addition to more power. Although I know some are willing to sacrifice mpg for power, I'm not! :D Tips?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #178
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Points 20,425, Level 90
Level Up 15% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Red and I have been in the scene since focusfanatics had focusfanatics magazine. I actually still have them.

A properly tuned turbo focus can get 30+ mpg so its all in the tuning on high hp engines.

As far as any stock vehicles. The ONLY mod I know to increase gas mileage is Larger spark plug gapping and opening up the exhaust side.. Any intake mods will result in less gas mileage at higher RPM. Everyone might say that isnt true but its a fact.. If your MAF reads more air it sends more fuel.. Basic Science really.

The CAT is the biggest MPG killer ever put on a car. Corvette went from 22 mpg at 75 to 28-29mpg at 75 from just cutting the cats not even doing headers. The 2012 can get upwards of 37+ at 75mph with a fully opened exhaust and coupled with gas saving driving techniques you can get 40+
Old 04-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #179
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
Red and I have been in the scene since focusfanatics had focusfanatics magazine. I actually still have them.

A properly tuned turbo focus can get 30+ mpg so its all in the tuning on high hp engines.

As far as any stock vehicles. The ONLY mod I know to increase gas mileage is Larger spark plug gapping and opening up the exhaust side.. Any intake mods will result in less gas mileage at higher RPM. Everyone might say that isnt true but its a fact.. If your MAF reads more air it sends more fuel.. Basic Science really.

The CAT is the biggest MPG killer ever put on a car. Corvette went from 22 mpg at 75 to 28-29mpg at 75 from just cutting the cats not even doing headers. The 2012 can get upwards of 37+ at 75mph with a fully opened exhaust and coupled with gas saving driving techniques you can get 40+
Forgive what is probably a really stupid question, but can you explain the spark plug thing? My small understanding of spark plugs tells me a larger gap means more voltage to jump across... does that translate into a more efficient burn or something? How far should one go with widening the gap?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #180
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Points 20,425, Level 90
Level Up 15% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
Forgive what is probably a really stupid question, but can you explain the spark plug thing? My small understanding of spark plugs tells me a larger gap means more voltage to jump across... does that translate into a more efficient burn or something? How far should one go with widening the gap?

Thanks!
every focus is different but mine is at .060 now. .044 is factory if i remember correctly.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.