1000 Miles On two Tanks (Average Speed 71 MPH) - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #31
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakspirit View Post
That might be the stupidest thing I've ever read in my entire life. Who the hell is making millions for telling you not to pollute our air?
You didn't recognize his Al Gore reference?? As tempting as it is, I'm not EVEN gonna jump into global warming debate. (Let's just say I'm skeptical that cars are the primary cause of it, even it it's true.) But, lung cancer being what it is, my preference would probably be for everyone to filter the exhaust of their petroleum burning vehicles.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #32
breakspirit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92185
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 breakspirit Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
You didn't recognize his Al Gore reference?? As tempting as it is, I'm not EVEN gonna jump into global warming debate. (Let's just say I'm skeptical that cars are the primary cause of it, even it it's true.) But, lung cancer being what it is, my preference would probably be for everyone to filter the exhaust of their petroleum burning vehicles.
I agree with all of that. I think everyone with any brains at all will agree that removing your catalytic converter is borderline retarded.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #33
JadeRaven
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96670
What I Drive: G35

FF Reputation: 1 JadeRaven Good Standing Member
Whenever Nanci Pelosi takes a private flight it pollutes the world more than the entire lifespan of an average car.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #34
breakspirit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92185
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 breakspirit Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRaven View Post
Whenever Nanci Pelosi takes a private flight it pollutes the world more than the entire lifespan of an average car.
http://environment.about.com/od/gree...y_vs_drive.htm

Obviously a jet creates more pollution than a car per person for a single trip, but the difference is orders of magnitude less than you said. Keep your mindless hyperbole on fox news where it belongs and let us use actual science.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #35
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88165
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kelscar Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakspirit View Post
http://environment.about.com/od/gree...y_vs_drive.htm

Obviously a jet creates more pollution than a car per person for a single trip, but the difference is orders of magnitude less than you said. Keep your mindless hyperbole on fox news where it belongs and let us use actual science.
Uh..wait a minute. By your own admission, the jet-setters that are preaching the "science" are breaking their own rules? So based on that, where is the hyperbole coming from?

Don't get me wrong, I am all about doing the right thing, but the hyprocrisy is terrible.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #36
FocusBoy58
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03

Fan#: 38424
What I Drive: 01 Turbo,12 SE,95 Vette 396

Points 20,537, Level 90
Points: 20,537, Level: 90 Points: 20,537, Level: 90 Points: 20,537, Level: 90
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 14 FocusBoy58 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelscar View Post
Uh..wait a minute. By your own admission, the jet-setters that are preaching the "science" are breaking their own rules? So based on that, where is the hyperbole coming from?

Don't get me wrong, I am all about doing the right thing, but the hyprocrisy is terrible.
Ya exactly and guess what I couldn't care what people say about catalytic converters because I can think of thousands of things that produce more pollution then my car ever will in its life. That's a fact. Stop crying about it because none of my cars have cats. You can't argue this because your "science" is biased.

Im using less gas by 25-35% so what's more of a crisis these days oil or your screwed up sense of doing the right things. How many times do you fly instead of drive? How many times do you get stuff shipped to you?

I can go all day.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #37
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,363, Level 20
Points: 1,363, Level: 20 Points: 1,363, Level: 20 Points: 1,363, Level: 20
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
My cars are Florida registered and will stay Florida registered. Since I own a home in Florida. My 05 f150 5.4 with long tubes passes inspection every year. When you own a shop its not hard to swap off road pipes for catalytic pipes when the time comes. Also my shop is a PennDOT certified shop so we do our inspections here...
So do you carry over these business ethics to your customers vehicles? maybe make a repair when it's not needed? Just askin'
Old 03-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #38
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 136,016, Level 100
Points: 136,016, Level: 100 Points: 136,016, Level: 100 Points: 136,016, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 63%
Activity: 63% Activity: 63% Activity: 63%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Everything is or is made of something that is transported across the ocean. Do you think those huge ships have cats on them? No they don't, have ever seen the size of the pistons? One stroke and cycle of those motors probably put out more pollution than FocusBoy's car does in one year. Ever who post in this thread complaining about him not having a cat should use the search button. It's been beat to death, it's the owner of the cars personal choice to use the cat or not.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #39
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,883, Level 66
Points: 9,883, Level: 66 Points: 9,883, Level: 66 Points: 9,883, Level: 66
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Everything is or is made of something that is transported across the ocean. Do you think those huge ships have cats on them? No they don't, have ever seen the size of the pistons? One stroke and cycle of those motors probably put out more pollution than FocusBoy's car does in one year. Ever who post in this thread complaining about him not having a cat should use the search button. It's been beat to death, it's the owner of the cars personal choice to use the cat or not.
It might be a personal choice, however it is still in violation of the law, and should some one feel so inclined they could report you to the relevant authorities. Its a $2500 dollar fine per tampering violation, at least per vehicle, and up to $25000 per occurance if its done by a shop, (which FocusBoy says he either owns or works out of). If you're comfortable enough to talk about it, and are saying that it has a large economy benefit at the expense of polution go right ahead, but don't come crying for help if/ when the government finds out.

Yes shipping is a dirty business, but if everyone removed the catylast from their car then the sum total of pollution would still be far higher, especially in California where the mountains tend to trap the smog in the basin, hence their desire for ever more stringent emissions controls for everything and anything.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #40
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,925, Level 33
Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
Ya exactly and guess what I couldn't care what people say about catalytic converters because I can think of thousands of things that produce more pollution then my car ever will in its life. That's a fact. Stop crying about it because none of my cars have cats. You can't argue this because your "science" is biased.

Im using less gas by 25-35% so what's more of a crisis these days oil or your screwed up sense of doing the right things. How many times do you fly instead of drive? How many times do you get stuff shipped to you?

I can go all day.
A basis for a functioning society is the ability of its citizens to conform to general rules of behavior. Using your logic, why bother obeying red lights or parking only where permitted? Why not pass cars using the shoulder of the road. Heck, why not drive drunk? If it's only you, no biggie. Unfortunately, if everyone did the same we'd have chaos; good thing you have a different set of rules to live by.

Catalytic converters were not introduced to combat global warming. They reduce oxides of nitrogen, unburned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide, all of which contribute to general air pollution or smog. You want to go back to environmental conditions of the 50s and 60s (except worse because there's a lot more of us)? Not me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.