Andysautosports playing tricks. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Thumbs down Andysautosports playing tricks.

I bought a kit from them that showed 6 bushings, when it got here it only had two, so I go back to where I bought them and see nothing saying pic is different from what your actually buying or anything, so sat, and sun I was thinking there has to be another package coming Monday, but when I called the guy on Monday he told me that was it, I told him I wanted a refund and he asked why?

So I told him not only is it false advertisement, but I got no shipping receipt, and the price for just those two bushings is way off, I then told em how I could buy them for $22 bucks off CFM, and he went on to say hold on one min, it does say near the price The word "each", so I said that still means nothing, the picture is showing what I was buying, it said nothing about the other four in the pic not being included.

So long story short, I convinced him it is not totally my fault, but both of ours, and that I would be happy if the 10% re-stock fee got waived and I got a re-fund when I ship it back myself.

We agreed after he talked to his supervisor.

Here is the link to what I bought, so no-one else gets caught in this little trick of theirs. And I call it a trick because every other site that use's that same pic, they add "picture is not accurate of what your buying", and some sites tell you your only getting the big two, and not the smaller four.

So I call Andysautosports.com a bad place to buy from, because if there willing to leave the part like that for more people to make mistakes, then they are just trying to screw people with certain products they sell. And charging $31.16 for just the two big one's is way over priced, especially when they say we beat all prices.

Here is the link, http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2...ings/prothane/

When you first look at this you think it is a kit of 6, but really it is only the two big one's. Luckily for me I got out of it, and got my money back.

But be careful out their people, I used to hear this place was good, maybe with certain stuff they are, but if there willing to screw people on certain products, then their not worth dealing with all together.

Thanks for listening,

Djzx3

HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 02-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
mickeymaus
Banned

Fan#: 93952
What I Drive: 92' Cadillac, '00 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 mickeymaus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So you bought a set of bushings for one trailing arm and expected to get 6? Where were you going to install the extra 4 bushings?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
Djzx3

On the camber arms for both sides, so I can use camber bolts. So I thought I was getting exactly what the pic shows for $31.16, and nowhere does it say $31.16 didn't get you the 6 bushings show in the pic. That is called false advertising.

As far as me needing parts now? I ordered the CFM complete rear bushing kit. Which I should have done from the gecko, yea there a little more, and come with more then I need, but I got some use for some of the extra bushings.

I got a spare pair of lower control arms from the rear of the zx3 before I lowered it. When I did lower it, I needed to cut the lower control arms and get new ones, so now ill have bearings for the old arms from the zx3, and ill re-enforce the older arm on where the sway bar hole is, because they are the older arms they don't have the metal plate welded in for strength, but as I said, ill put the extra bushings in the old spare arms and have pops weld a strength plate to it so it will be better then stock, stronger and better bearings for when I lower my wagon and have to most likely cut those arms too, but now I will have some arms for that.

So in the end I got a win, win with the CFM kit.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1

Last edited by Djzx3; 02-27-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
SVT3658
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90254
What I Drive: ST169

FF Reputation: 4 SVT3658 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It sounds like if you had done some research on what is actually associated with that part number shown, you wouldn't have had this issue.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00387WK8M/...M&linkCode=asn

Also, they have two different products listed for the one image shown...common sense would lead me to believe that if I bought ONE of the two listed items, I definitely should NOT expect to get everything in the picture.

But to swear off a company as scammers based on a mis-communication and bash them on a forum? That is a bit much.
2002 SVTF #3658 CD Silver born on 7-30-2002

Ford of Europe | MOMO | Hella | KSPORT | Recaro | DOMINANT | Focus Central | Hofele | Sportmax
Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
Djzx3

I may be a tad too extreme, but it is what it is.

I didn't relize till I looked on prothane part numbers, and it pissed me off, cause I shouldn't have to with it being a totally separate company from prothane.. If the page just shows a price and parts, but doesn't say anything otherwise, then I would think most people would think that's what there buying.

I find it terrible, it's just like if I said I was selling a turbo on here showed a pic of it, but because I put a part number of a worse turbo on there I get to charge you the price of the good one but send you the worse one.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 02-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
Djzx3

And there is two different part numbers cause one comes in black 6-308bl, and the other one that is red is just 6-308.

So its just different cause of Color, so maybe not scammers, but definatly people who I wouldn't trust without a whole boatload of research.

They didn't send a shipping receipe, the package was torn open, and the pic showed 6 for $31.16. Why would I pay $31.16 if I knew I could get just those two cheaper, so the extra 12 bucks also lead me to believe that the other four parts were included, I know what prothane numbers are now, Andy's company is separate from prothane, so why would I think their using there part number, but showing 6 bushings?

I cant type all my evidence, so take it as what your beliefs of fair and trustworthy are.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1

Last edited by Djzx3; 02-28-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #7
Dracconixx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37924
What I Drive: 2005 Turbo "Cosworth" ST

FF Reputation: 3 Dracconixx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djzx3 View Post
Which I should have done from the gecko, yea there a little more, and come with more then I need, but I got some use for some of the extra bushings.

Do you know what the trailing arm is on your rear suspension? ... If I was doing this shopping, I would be confused as to why there are six bushings when there should be only two. Also, as I am doing a rear subframe overhaul right now myself, be prepared to buy all new hardware and possibly drop the subframe. Rust is a nasty, nasty thing. I can just about guarantee you that 90% of the bolts are going to be seized.

Sawzall + cutoff wheel + torch = your friends.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
Djzx3

I know what everything is on the suspension of a focus, Yes the main bushing for the rear trailing arm is the big one heading for the front of the car, but since the traction arm, and the toe arm below it is connected to the trailing arm, that's is why I though a 6 pack was not out of the ordinary.

And I have already lowered my ride, replaced both lower control arms, new bolts and everything. Just got to get a camber bolt on that upper traction arm, I got 2.0 of bad camber, and the camber bolt I got, will bring that down to 1.0.

And you ain't lying about the rust my friend, I had to cut both lower control arms, at both ends.

The focus rear suspension amazes me on how much the bolts get seized into the bushings, it's like they are welded in there.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 02-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
Dracconixx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37924
What I Drive: 2005 Turbo "Cosworth" ST

FF Reputation: 3 Dracconixx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I cheated...

Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
xxMichaelAnthony
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58459
What I Drive: 2001 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 xxMichaelAnthony Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
It amazes me how rusted up car get back east. Another reason to love California.

Bookmarks & Social Networks