ZETEC Engine stumble - SOLVED - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-02-2005, 02:35 AM   #51
bwojdyla
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3589
What I Drive: Red 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bwojdyla Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I had about the same result when I clean my MAF. I don't know what to tell ya. If its not throwing codes its really hard to figure out. Perhaps get a shop manual and go through the troubleshooting secion.

As far as the PCV goes, trace all the vacuum lines to make sure they are all okay, leak could be somewhere else you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #52
nozferatu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25104
What I Drive: 2012 Fiat 500 Sport

FF Reputation: 1 nozferatu Good Standing Member
I justed changed this hose also since it had pretty much collapsed at the bend coming out of the back of the engine. I've had issues with stumbling, hesitation, etc...I thought it would solve my issues....

Granted, the car runs much better but still I get slightly lumpy idle and the engine hesitates going downhill with CC on and at steady speed...STILL!

Don't know man..I'm ready to give up on this car.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #53
velvetjones
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 29180
What I Drive: 2002, Black, SE

FF Reputation: 1 velvetjones Good Standing Member
Can someone explain where the vacuum hose is located in the engine? Keep in mind I know nothing about cars.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:32 AM   #54
bwojdyla
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3589
What I Drive: Red 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bwojdyla Good Standing Member
stand in front of the car, if you're looking at the throttle body, the vacuum hose runs into the manifold under the throttle body, it makes a turn around the right side of the engine.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #55
anubis05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30384
What I Drive: 2005 Silver Frost ZX4

Points 2,009, Level 27
Points: 2,009, Level: 27 Points: 2,009, Level: 27 Points: 2,009, Level: 27
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 anubis05 Good Standing Member
if thats the case , where is he pcv located on a 2005 duratec 2.0L i would like to check this out on my car
Old 08-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #56
Snelski
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 15816
What I Drive: 2001 Yellow Street Edition Wagon

Points 226, Level 4
Points: 226, Level: 4 Points: 226, Level: 4 Points: 226, Level: 4
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Snelski Good Standing Member
Though this is an old thread, I just wanted to thank bwojdyla for posting this - I had no idea and when I looked that hose was indeed collapsed. I replaced it and the car runs sooooo much better. I too have an idle issue with AC on, but this really did help out a lot. Thanks again and especially thank you for the pictures and part number - very helpful!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #57
WNK
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 27472
What I Drive: 2002 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 WNK Good Standing Member
Yup, I got bit by this gremlin this week. 59,000 on my ZX3 and the hose was collapsing, hurting milage and causing rough performance. I spliced in a vac connector with a couple of hose clamps since local dealer didn't stock the part. Thanks to all for posting this, saved me a lot of headache and $$$$.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #58
Snelski
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 15816
What I Drive: 2001 Yellow Street Edition Wagon

Points 226, Level 4
Points: 226, Level: 4 Points: 226, Level: 4 Points: 226, Level: 4
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Snelski Good Standing Member
Well, now I'm thanking you for the 2nd time - it just happened to my other Focus as well. I checked the hose and sure enough; now this one collapsed also. I was in a hurry to get to the Ford dealer since I only had 10 minutes to get there before they close (and I made it), but I didn't take the part # with me and the parts guy couldn't get me the right hose. Asked him if I could just get on a pc with internet and I'd show him the part # from your post here, and he let me. Pulled it up and showed him, no problem getting the hose after that and he mentioned he thought it was cool we had forums to discuss these types of issues.

One side note: this parts guy did show me a similar hose with a heat shield on it, which I found interesting - it cost almost twice as much, but it didn't look like that was the exact one I needed. You would have thought they'd have come out with an updated hose for this issue, but then again; why kill their own cash cow? I have to say that I do like my Foci, but it's interesting that just about everything that goes wrong with one of them also goes wrong with the next one - including this hose.

Thanks again man, this solved my problem on both my cars!!!
Old 08-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #59
bluelion
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 37191
What I Drive: 2000, Blue LX

FF Reputation: 1 bluelion Good Standing Member
Thank you all! My car has had the same problem, after today, with your help i think i've finally won the battle!
Old 08-18-2006, 08:57 AM   #60
dblagent
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 35828
FF Reputation: 1 dblagent Good Standing Member
I have a 2000 SPI Focus and I was getting a rough idle also. Last year I put in new plugs and wires so I did not think that was it, but after reading on here the Bosch Platiums were a bad idea. I replaced my plugs this week with Autolites and I also changed my fuel filter. No more rough idle!

But I was also having touble with it dying at stoplights, I thought it was fixed, but no. Now running fine at idle after 30 seconds or so stopped at a light it might still die. I replaced the elbow on the end of the PCV valve hose as it had a huge hole in it and I could hear it sucking, it cost $13.00. Now it's great again, $6 for the plugs, $8 for the filter, $13.00 elbow and $10 in tools as I had none and I fixed it myself!

For me the stumble had nothing to do with PCV, but the dying sure did. Just thought I would post in hopes of helping someone else out.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.