Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread - Page 92 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #911
stealthzx3
Enthusiast

Fan#: 94260
What I Drive: 2001 Ebony ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 stealthzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
i'd say wait til spring to get the bumper. or if you find a good deal again, pick it up and save it. just my opinion. and that's a decent checklist. where is your switch for the leds ?

Focus Central
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #912
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JüstCantFocüs View Post
Hey my bro lives in Cleveland :)
Where at? I used to live in Elyria (outside of Cleveland) and I have family all over Oberlin which is where im going. Its still outside of cleveland a bit. I like it alot up there. Boring roads though....everything is flat. No turns. :/ lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthzx3 View Post
i'd say wait til spring to get the bumper. or if you find a good deal again, pick it up and save it. just my opinion. and that's a decent checklist. where is your switch for the leds ?
Nowhere! :D I wired them to turn on when the door light comes on.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #913
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
btw blue5ive, this is for the right side:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2209252666...84.m1497.l2649

I felt dumb. Those are the ones I bought, and noticed it says there are 10 available. lol
Thanks for the link. Will try buying one tomorrow when I get paid. Hopefully all goes well and I can haz clearz on both sides :)
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 10-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #914
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Hey once you paint the spoiler don't wash it with any soap and don't wax it for at least 2-3 weeks. Water only so it cures properly.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 10-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #915
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
Thanks for the link. Will try buying one tomorrow when I get paid. Hopefully all goes well and I can haz clearz on both sides :)
Sweet! Yeah it looks alot better in my opinion. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
Hey once you paint the spoiler don't wash it with any soap and don't wax it for at least 2-3 weeks. Water only so it cures properly.
Thanks for the info! I was actually planning on washing it after I got the spoiler on, so thanks for telling me!

Update on Mikayla. lol So my buddy was going to come over, he decided he was too tired. I was like ah thats alright ill just reglue the LEDs and mount the subs. Well I wound up doing that, and then ryan came over anyways. So lets see. We pulled the seat and found the problem. The flimsy poopy metal bar was broken off. I just removed it. Much comfier, but i imagine the seat will wear quicker. Then I replaced the little plastic thing to hold the prop rod for the hood. I did all of that while ryan was pulling the lower torque mount off (think its also called dogbone? idk...lol). Well we then realized what the real problem was....the bracket for the mount is shattered. So I technically dont need the mount itself, but I will replace it anyways while im at it. I can only find the part from CFM and ebay. CFM for 44 and some change and ebay for 45. Ill just use ebay, the part is closer so itll get here sooner. I was going to use my car for camping on saturday, but now I might not. We put the car back together the way it was. Ive been driving like that for 2 months now so I doubt itll hurt anything. lol I just wanna have it fixed before I go to cleveland. Oh and I also figured out the euro reverse light connectors I picked up werent right. So I gotta swap those out for new ones.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
Old 10-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #916
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Broke the bracket....that sucks. Guess it'd be ok since you been driving that way for awhile. Anthe safe side just don't rev the engine or accelerate hard. That should help keep the front/back rocked ng of the engine to a minimum until you get it fixed.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #917
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Yeah its a good thing I drive like an old person! lol I will probably take ryans car camping. But Monday and tuesday for school I will have to drive. Ill probly take the backroads. The bracket should be here wednesday. The spoiler will be here anyday now, and something else I found on ebay will be here next week if I buy it. lol
Old 10-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #918
stealthzx3
Enthusiast

Fan#: 94260
What I Drive: 2001 Ebony ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 stealthzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
that's no fun. not sure if i'd trust an ebay part compared to cfm, jmo. but i'm sure it'll still last. so you got your leds all done up?

Focus Central
Old 10-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #919
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Yeah I just had to reglue them. The ebay one is the OEM part. Its the same thing as the cfm one. I just figured ebay would be easier since im so used to it.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #920
redSVT_03
Focus Addict

Fan#: 78206
What I Drive: 2003 red SVTF

FF Reputation: 4 redSVT_03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
Where at? I used to live in Elyria (outside of Cleveland) and I have family all over Oberlin which is where im going. Its still outside of cleveland a bit. I like it alot up there. Boring roads though....everything is flat. No turns. :/ lol

Nowhere! :D I wired them to turn on when the door light comes on.
Small world I live in elyria nice build

Bookmarks & Social Networks