Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #131
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ
 
katiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 42025
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

Posts: 7,781
Points 11,415, Level 70
Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Wow, sorry to hear about the exhaust. Did you find out if you can fix it?
__________________
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
katiekay is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #132
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.
 
zx3_bmxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84231
Location: Louisville, KY
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 5,200
Points 9,669, Level 66
Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
Wow, sorry to hear about the exhaust. Did you find out if you can fix it?
Yeah I posted on the HN thread but it was the last post on the pahge and nobody saw it. The guy will charge me $50 to put a resonator in. He said it would definetly help get rid of alot of the doo doo-ness. That will happen on wednesday. I will probably record that on video as well to see what the difference will be like.
__________________
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
zx3_bmxrider is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #133
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict
 
eagle_eye735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90674
Location: Marquette, MI
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

Posts: 705
Points 967, Level 16
Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbertrand View Post
love the thread man i read all of your first post haha. i just got mine about a month ago but don't have any money to do anything to it but PlastiDip haha. college and work aren't enough. but it will happen in time.
I'm in the same boat. Did some basic stuff, ready to do more. In college, but I will get some time to get soon! If you want check out my thread too (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284738).

Can't wait to hear that exhaust!
eagle_eye735 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #134
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.
 
zx3_bmxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84231
Location: Louisville, KY
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 5,200
Points 9,669, Level 66
Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_eye735 View Post
I'm in the same boat. Did some basic stuff, ready to do more. In college, but I will get some time to get soon! If you want check out my thread too (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284738).

Can't wait to hear that exhaust!
Somehow I missed someone posting in my own build thread! lol Yeah I check your thread every now and then. I try to keep up with build threads but now there is so many of them! lol Thanks, I will record a new video of it soon of what it sounds like now. I have the video of the crappy sounding exhaust, but the sound dissapeared so I have to redo it when I feel like it.

I was going to post some updates. I got the exhaust fixed, and it sounds a whole lot better. Its weird because its quieter accelerating than it was before the header, but about the same loudness accelerating. There is still a bit of pop when I am mashing on the gas hard, but its tolerable. Oh then there is my ever favorite topic of mpg...my mpg is definetly alot higher. lol I was racing around town not caring about mpg, and I still went 80 miles before I went off full. So yeah when I went 75 the other day it was 32 mpg. We will see what this tank will be. But now that school is over until next semester I wont be doing as much highway driving. Either way, im fine with what it is. My $50 investment should pay off. lol Lets see, oh my yeah my yellow foglight tint should be in any day now. I wish my lowering kit would be here soon! After those little things are done, I plan on doing those little things with leds and thats it. Oh and since im in this whole weight reduction/getting rid of things mode, ive been debating on getting rid of my subs. Any thoughts?
__________________
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
zx3_bmxrider is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #135
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict
 
eagle_eye735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90674
Location: Marquette, MI
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

Posts: 705
Points 967, Level 16
Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3_bmxrider View Post
Somehow I missed someone posting in my own build thread! lol Yeah I check your thread every now and then. I try to keep up with build threads but now there is so many of them! lol Thanks, I will record a new video of it soon of what it sounds like now. I have the video of the crappy sounding exhaust, but the sound dissapeared so I have to redo it when I feel like it.

I was going to post some updates. I got the exhaust fixed, and it sounds a whole lot better. Its weird because its quieter accelerating than it was before the header, but about the same loudness accelerating. There is still a bit of pop when I am mashing on the gas hard, but its tolerable. Oh then there is my ever favorite topic of mpg...my mpg is definetly alot higher. lol I was racing around town not caring about mpg, and I still went 80 miles before I went off full. So yeah when I went 75 the other day it was 32 mpg. We will see what this tank will be. But now that school is over until next semester I wont be doing as much highway driving. Either way, im fine with what it is. My $50 investment should pay off. lol Lets see, oh my yeah my yellow foglight tint should be in any day now. I wish my lowering kit would be here soon! After those little things are done, I plan on doing those little things with leds and thats it. Oh and since im in this whole weight reduction/getting rid of things mode, ive been debating on getting rid of my subs. Any thoughts?
How much do you like your subs? lol. I have the audiophile system's stock sub, it doesn't weigh all that much and doesn't take up much space. For weight reduction i have considered a back seat delete, however I find that I use the back seats often enough that they are worth keeping. Back on topic, depending on your subs, the weight reduction might not be all that much. if you don't care that much about the amount bass of your music (which a small, lower power sub and amp combo is plenty for my needs) by all means get rid of them and reduce your weight. Basically how much do you like your subs?
eagle_eye735 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #136
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.
 
zx3_bmxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84231
Location: Louisville, KY
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 5,200
Points 9,669, Level 66
Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_eye735 View Post
How much do you like your subs? lol. I have the audiophile system's stock sub, it doesn't weigh all that much and doesn't take up much space. For weight reduction i have considered a back seat delete, however I find that I use the back seats often enough that they are worth keeping. Back on topic, depending on your subs, the weight reduction might not be all that much. if you don't care that much about the amount bass of your music (which a small, lower power sub and amp combo is plenty for my needs) by all means get rid of them and reduce your weight. Basically how much do you like your subs?
I like them decently. lol The last subs I had were in flat boxes, so they didnt weigh much at all and they were out of the way. The whole point of me selling my kona rack is so that I can put 2 bikes in the hatch. I can still do that with the subs, they will just be in the way more. I have 2 10 inch subs with the amp mounted on top of the box. It probably weights close to 100 pounds im guessing. Its pretty heavy to lift by myself. lol It just seems like I listen to more and more rock type stuff recently, so I have to turn the bass down to keep it from sounding stupid. So since the bass is turned down....whats the point of having them? lol I would rather have the money to save for whatever than have the subs I think. I just know that once I get rid of them I will regret it. I gave my old system to my gf for her focus, but who knows when they will be put in. Here is what I have now:
-Boss amp Just bought in January for $80
-2 10 inch visonik subs- Free. My dad won them at Focusfest last year and gave them to me which I thought was nice.
-full sized box-$60, but my friend bought it for me for christmas.
__________________
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
zx3_bmxrider is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #137
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.
 
zx3_bmxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84231
Location: Louisville, KY
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 5,200
Points 9,669, Level 66
Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I got my foglight tint in today. Lets see how cheap this stuff really is. lol I will "install" it this weekend.
__________________
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
zx3_bmxrider is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #138
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict
 
eagle_eye735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90674
Location: Marquette, MI
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

Posts: 705
Points 967, Level 16
Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Haha, let me know how it works out, I have been wanting to tint my fogs yellow for cheap.
eagle_eye735 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #139
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.
 
zx3_bmxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84231
Location: Louisville, KY
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 5,200
Points 9,669, Level 66
Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66 Points: 9,669, Level: 66
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I will let ya know! It was $6 on ebay. Its self adhesive so we will see how long it lasts.
__________________
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4
zx3_bmxrider is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #140
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict
 
eagle_eye735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90674
Location: Marquette, MI
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

Posts: 705
Points 967, Level 16
Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If it is any good, I'll try to pick some up, heck for 6 bucks I'll pick some up just to see if I like the yellow.
eagle_eye735 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Cadillac ATS-V, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.