2013 Transmission shudder - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
SGLFocus
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111159
Location: Chantilly, VA
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium coupe

Posts: 14
FF Reputation: 1 SGLFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 Transmission shudder

Has anyone had success in resolving the automatic dual clutch transmission shudder issue? I now have 3,000 miles on my Focus and the shudder is still very noticeable in 1st gear when accelerating from a complete stop. I was told that it needed to break-in, but I think 3k miles should be more than enough.


SGLFocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

Posts: 722
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No....I had the TSB applied last week and it has not improved at all.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using FF Mobile
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Fan#: 44867
Location: Ajax Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

Posts: 386
FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Oh god no please not another one..... and to think dealers , Ford and some Focus owners think we are all delusional. Good luck man. Can you imagine the real numbers of owners who have this problem and they are just given the old big comforting hug from the dealer and sent on their merry way.
gostinger is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast
 
dragonpalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 104183
Location: San Antonio, TX
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Posts: 180
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have 8k miles on my 2013 and there is still a slight shudder from 1st to 2nd. On some days it's less noticeable than others but I've learned to deal with it.
dragonpalm is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

Posts: 722
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
Oh god no please not another one..... and to think dealers , Ford and some Focus owners think we are all delusional. Good luck man. Can you imagine the real numbers of owners who have this problem and they are just given the old big comforting hug from the dealer and sent on their merry way.
I went to another Ford dealer yesterday, there was a guy there with a Focus, was complaining about the same thing. I did not say anything, just listened to his complaints, was all about the DCT. "Grinding", "Shuddering" and etc...

There are more out there that do not use the internet or forums for info.

I was there looking at a Focus ST, but I could not work a deal with them on trading my DCT equipped headache in for it.
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
cobie56
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84403
Location: northeastern, NY
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

Posts: 1,575
FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
this may be slightly off the topic but i'll ask anyway. I'm a lucky one and have not had all the problems others on this forum have had to deal with concerning the DCT.

the fiesta has a slightly different DCT transmission that the focus (i believe) but i've not heard 1/2 the problems w/ the fiesta that the focus folks have been dealing with. Are there fewer problems w/ the DCT in the fiesta or am i just not hearing about them. In lurking around fiesta forums i don't seem much conversation about this issue.
cobie56 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
rick217
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 110731
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

Posts: 86
FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
I went to another Ford dealer yesterday, there was a guy there with a Focus, was complaining about the same thing. I did not say anything, just listened to his complaints, was all about the DCT. "Grinding", "Shuddering" and etc...

There are more out there that do not use the internet or forums for info.

I was there looking at a Focus ST, but I could not work a deal with them on trading my DCT equipped headache in for it.
Guess I was lucky to get a decent price for mine. I drove by the dealer where I traded it in and after 5 weeks it's still sitting on the lot!
rick217 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,787
FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
the fiesta has a slightly different DCT transmission that the focus (i believe) but i've not heard 1/2 the problems w/ the fiesta that the focus folks have been dealing with. Are there fewer problems w/ the DCT in the fiesta or am i just not hearing about them. In lurking around fiesta forums i don't seem much conversation about this issue.
I believe it's the same transmission, but it's actually the clutch that's causing most of our issues (or leaking seals that ruin the clutch, bad fork actuators, and possibly bad software.) The Focus weighs more than the Fiesta, perhaps that's why they didn't expect these issues? I also believe it has sold more. The Fiesta has had its teething issues as well - even if it doesn't seem as ubiquitous.
__________________
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.6 94k miles and counting...
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

Posts: 722
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
this may be slightly off the topic but i'll ask anyway. I'm a lucky one and have not had all the problems others on this forum have had to deal with concerning the DCT.

the fiesta has a slightly different DCT transmission that the focus (i believe) but i've not heard 1/2 the problems w/ the fiesta that the focus folks have been dealing with. Are there fewer problems w/ the DCT in the fiesta or am i just not hearing about them. In lurking around fiesta forums i don't seem much conversation about this issue.
Fiesta and Focus have the same exact transmission....the 6DCT250 and Fiesta owners have had issues as well.
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

Posts: 722
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick217 View Post
Guess I was lucky to get a decent price for mine. I drove by the dealer where I traded it in and after 5 weeks it's still sitting on the lot!
I was interested in trading it in on a Ford Focus ST, Ford for a Ford, but not the same dealership i got it from.

I think I would have had better luck if I was trading it on a Hyundai..
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.