2012 Focus Door Rattle. - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #41
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nice Krzy. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #42
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzydmnd View Post
hi all~ i wanted to report that my dealer successfully located that rattle i was getting on the passenger side, seemingly coming from either inside the door or outside of the car once i hit about 60+ mph.

the mechanic said he found that the steel fuel line and brake line coming off of the master cylinder were 'a bit loose' so he suspected they might have been vibrating on each other in the under-car turbulence, and he either bound them together, or some other miracle action and it has solved my problem!

I hope this bit of info gives someone else something to pinpoint!
Thanks for sharing your experience, Krzydmnd. Hopefully this will help some folks out.

For the rest of the group: If you're still having issues with a door rattle, please contact me via PM so I can get your individual cases escalated. I'll need your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #43
solus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95706
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 solus Good Standing Member
I noticed that my 12 sel is making rattle noise from passenger side door at above 60-65. I am not certain whether it is related to road input or wind yet. Since my oil change is due pretty soon, I will drive some more to get a better idea about the noise before sending it back to the dealership.
Will post an update if I find anything new.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #44
scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
I have the same problem...I THINK it's coming from the B Pillar, where the plastic meets the headliner. At least, I got it to stop when I leaned over and pressed on the seam (lone road with no traffic).
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #45
scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
I should add that it's worse on a non-smooth road, and also in 2nd gear during stop-and-go traffic.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #46
smakin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119072
What I Drive: 2012, yellow blaze, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 smakin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMan069 View Post
I got my car in mid Feb, i have had since i drove off the lot a rattle or some noise that sounds like its coming from the passenger door. I took a video of it and can anyone tell me if they are experencing any noise like this and what would fix the noise? It happens 100% of the time at anything over 55mph. It drives me crazy, i took absolutely EVERYTHING out of the car including even the gas funnel next to the spare tire and nothing works, the dealership said they didnt hear anything and didnt look into it any further. The volume need to be a bit on the higher side to hear it with the wind and road noise. The volume needs to be turned up to hear the rattle over the road noise and the wind. It was taken from my phone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT- F agr8jMY (delete the space between the F and the a and the -)
Thanks for the video. I am experiencing the same thing (driver's side, right beside my ear). Did you come up with a solution?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #47
G-Look
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103613
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 G-Look Good Standing Member
Thanks for the video link. My wife thought I was going crazy, this exact noise seems to happen when I am in the passenger seat at random intervals- sometimes just driving along with no bumps. She doesn't hear it but I do.

One rattle we heard earlier this winter was a high pitched squeak, which would occur under high winds and @ highway speeds. This has only happened a few times and we've determined it to be the rear bumper cover where it meets the rear quarter panel. Might try removing it to take a look (in the spring when the weather warms up) Figured this area became loose from salt/snow/road grunge this winter in the wheel well.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #48
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 116356
What I Drive: 1908, Black, Model T

FF Reputation: 1 FordServiceCA Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Look View Post
Thanks for the video link. My wife thought I was going crazy, this exact noise seems to happen when I am in the passenger seat at random intervals- sometimes just driving along with no bumps. She doesn't hear it but I do.

One rattle we heard earlier this winter was a high pitched squeak, which would occur under high winds and @ highway speeds. This has only happened a few times and we've determined it to be the rear bumper cover where it meets the rear quarter panel. Might try removing it to take a look (in the spring when the weather warms up) Figured this area became loose from salt/snow/road grunge this winter in the wheel well.
Hi G-Look,

I believed I reached out to you last November offering my assistance with a concern. :) My offer to assist with any outstanding issues still stand. Just send me more details including your current odometer reading and I'll see what I can do.

Bianca

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordFocus @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/FordCanada
Old 03-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #49
a.das
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 152266
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 a.das Good Standing Member
Hi All,

I just bought a new Ford Focus a few weeks ago and I am experiencing this door rattle sounds above 40 mph.

The video link the OP posted is expired but I found a similar video to how my car rattles.

http://tinyurl.com/my9omlp

Did anyone find a solution. I tried adjusting the vent below the passenger seat vent and that didn't do much. Thanks everyone!!
Old 03-31-2014, 05:47 PM   #50
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.das View Post
I just bought a new Ford Focus a few weeks ago and I am experiencing this door rattle sounds above 40 mph.
Hello a.das,

I'd like to connect you with your regional customer service manager, who'll work with you and your dealer to come to a solution. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealership.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks