2012 Focus Door Rattle. - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #21
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
For the rattle from the passenger seat...it is from the air vent under the seat. They put in a plastic vent that blows air into the back seats. It is not secured to anything and it bounces around. I just took mine out and the rattle stopped. I'll probably wrap it in foam insulating (weather stripping) and put it back in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #22
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
For the rattle from the passenger seat...it is from the air vent under the seat. They put in a plastic vent that blows air into the back seats. It is not secured to anything and it bounces around. I just took mine out and the rattle stopped. I'll probably wrap it in foam insulating (weather stripping) and put it back in.
That's a brilliant idea. I hope that's it, because it's really irritating!

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #23
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
I have this problem as well. ~4k miles on my SEL Hatch and 100% of the time I go above about 62 mph, the noise starts. In fact, when I am driving into the wind it happens at a lower speed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
I have two separate rattles... one that sounds like a rodent is running around in my passenger door whenever I'm over 100 km/h (almost exactly, which makes me think it's wind related)...
Hey Nodnarb & Altis,

Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well a your personal and dealer contact info. I'll have the Customer Service Manager review and make sure there's not a rodent in the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
...Thanks, Noemi - appreciate you being on here. I'll send you the info sometime soon.
Hi TiPilot,

It's my pleasure! I'll be on the lookout for your PM

Take care everyone!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #24
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Bakaboy & FatMan069,

Thanks for posting your concern.

Shot me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact, and I'll begin the process of escalating your concern to the local Ford dealer.

Noemi
Thanks Noemi, I'll try to get it fixed myself first before escalating this issue. Actually I just realized today that I have that "rodent" rattle as well, but I only noticed this when I accidentally left a gap on my passenger window. The rodent becomes noisier as you speed up more. It's sounds comical actually , then I remember that it's a brand new car and it stops being funny.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
12RedHotHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium Hback

FF Reputation: 1 12RedHotHatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
Thanks for the post. I had a rattle on the passenger side and checked the vent under the front passenger seat. It was very loose and pushed it toward the front. The rattle went away. If it comes back I will go to my dealer and fix it so it does not come loose.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #26
manderson952
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91178
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 manderson952 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RedHotHatch View Post
Thanks for the post. I had a rattle on the passenger side and checked the vent under the front passenger seat. It was very loose and pushed it toward the front. The rattle went away. If it comes back I will go to my dealer and fix it so it does not come loose.
THANK YOU! I also have a rattle coming from the passenger seat. Sometimes I can bang on the back of the seat and it'll go away for about 2 minutes. I'll have to check the vent.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #27
bassmobile
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95742
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 2 bassmobile Good Standing Member
I had the exact noise in the video. Took it to the dealer today, ends up a heat shield. They took it off, repositioned it and reattached. Noise gone!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #28
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmobile View Post
I had the exact noise in the video. Took it to the dealer today, ends up a heat shield. They took it off, repositioned it and reattached. Noise gone!
Where is the heat shield located? I don't suspect it's the one in the engine bay?
Old 03-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #29
bassmobile
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95742
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 2 bassmobile Good Standing Member
Quote:
Where is the heat shield located? I don't suspect it's the one in the engine bay?
All the paperwork said is a exhaust heat shield. Took the car for a long drive yesterday and the noise is no more!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #30
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
Thanks Noemi, I'll try to get it fixed myself first before escalating this issue...The rodent becomes noisier as you speed up more. It's sounds comical actually , then I remember that it's a brand new car and it stops being funny.
Hey Bakaboy,

I have a personal aversion to rodents, , so I imagine this is not comical in the long run.

If you're not able to take care of that issue yourself; send a PM with the requested info and I'll be happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RedHotHatch View Post
Hi 12RedHotHatch,

Okay! Same to you; just let me know via PM with the requested info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson952 View Post
THANK YOU! I also have a rattle coming from the passenger seat. Sometimes I can bang on the back of the seat and it'll go away for about 2 minutes. I'll have to check the vent.
manderson952,

If the banging does not resolve the sound; give your local Ford dealer a visit. At the same time send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact and I'll have the Customer Service Manger provide assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmobile View Post
Quote:
Hello Altis,

Take the Focus over to the dealership and if you like I'll escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Take care everyone!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks