2012 Focus Door Rattle. - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I have this issue too, but its my own fault because I re-did the speakers in the doors. I need a set of new door clips to replace the ones I made loose in the install, Fordparts wants $3 EACH- not per pack of 6 or 12; each freakin clip. Anyone know somewhere else I can find these guys for less?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
FatMan069
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96213
What I Drive: 2012 Red Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FatMan069 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
any chance u could get a video of it? id like to know if its the same so i would just go out and buy clips and install them myself
Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #13
BigFuzzyArchon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87167
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 BigFuzzyArchon Good Standing Member
On my door i put a few pieces of some rubber between the door and the plastic on the inside gap and it solved it
Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #14
FatMan069
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96213
What I Drive: 2012 Red Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FatMan069 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
On my door i put a few pieces of some rubber between the door and the plastic on the inside gap and it solved it

Where a bouts on the inside gap? towards the rear door, the sky, the ground, or the engine?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
I have a rattle on the passenger side as well, it's somewhere around or inside the passenger door... it RATTLES... loud, similar to shaking a screw inside a plastic bottle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMan069 View Post
When im inside my car it gets louder than my music sometimes...the rattle in my door sounds like the engine tick after the car has been driven and has been shut off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMan069 View Post
I got my car in mid Feb, i have had since i drove off the lot a rattle or some noise that sounds like its coming from the passenger door...
Hi Bakaboy & FatMan069,

Thanks for posting your concern.

Shot me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact, and I'll begin the process of escalating your concern to the local Ford dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole0675 View Post
I had the same noise. I took the car to my dealer and they said it was wind noise...Thankfully my dealer was awesome about it and genuinely wanted to help!
Afternoon nole0675,

Glad to learn your dealer is the bomb and fixed the Focus! It's an encouraging story for those whose experience may not have been as good. If I can assist in the future let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
I have this as well. Haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer yet but it's definitely getting worse the more miles I put on the car...Annoying, can definitely be heard over music/podcasts, and I really need to get around to taking it in to have fixed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockoma View Post
I have a very similar noise coming from the B-pillar that seems to emanate from the opening where the seatbelt is attached...
Hello TiPilot and glockoma,

The offer is extended to you both as well. A PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info will begin the process of escalating to the Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostContrails View Post
... I have been hearing a light rattle on the passenger side of my car. It's not annoying enough for me to bring it to the dealer though...
LostContrails,

When you get to the point of "I'm fed up of this noise", , send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info. But don't wait to long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
Hi BigFuzzyArchon

If that solution doesn't hold up, a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info will begin the escalation process to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Take care everyone and talk to ya'll soon!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
I had the same problem and took it to the dealer. I took the tech for a ride and we found the rattle was just to the left of the door handle. They applied some type of silicone and put new push pins in. That fixed the problem.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
Nodnarb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86300
What I Drive: 2012 SEL 5-door; 8/25 order date

FF Reputation: 1 Nodnarb Good Standing Member
I have this problem as well. ~4k miles on my SEL Hatch and 100% of the time I go above about 62 mph, the noise starts. In fact, when I am driving into the wind it happens at a lower speed. This tells me it has something to do with wind rattling something. I took it to the dealer once, and they told me that the seal was out of place and their corrected it. However, the noise has not changed. Very frustrating...

So has anyone been able to locate exactly what is rattling? Much of the descriptions I have read above sound very similar to me. Seems like metal-on-metal contact, metal-on-plastic.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
wgilles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91264
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 wgilles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
I have this problem as well. ~4k miles on my SEL Hatch and 100% of the time I go above about 62 mph, the noise starts. In fact, when I am driving into the wind it happens at a lower speed. This tells me it has something to do with wind rattling something. I took it to the dealer once, and they told me that the seal was out of place and their corrected it. However, the noise has not changed. Very frustrating...

So has anyone been able to locate exactly what is rattling? Much of the descriptions I have read above sound very similar to me. Seems like metal-on-metal contact, metal-on-plastic.
Read my post above yours
Old 03-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #19
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
LostContrails, is it possible that what you hear may be in fact the metal part of the seatbelt knocking on the B-pillar ? When my wife gets out of the car, the seatbelt sometimes gets in an odd position, with the metal part perpendicular to the B-pillar and when I am driving, it starts "rattling". As soon as I arrange it to be parallel to the B-pillar, the rattle stops.
I know in my case, it's definitely not the seatbelt - I've pulled it away while driving a couple times just to make sure and the rattle continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello TiPilot and glockoma,

The offer is extended to you both as well. A PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info will begin the process of escalating to the Customer Service Manager.

Noemi
Thanks, Noemi - appreciate you being on here. I'll send you the info sometime soon.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 03-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
I have two separate rattles... one that sounds like a rodent is running around in my passenger door whenever I'm over 100 km/h (almost exactly, which makes me think it's wind related).. If it is wind related, I'm to assume it could actually be outside?

The other is louder and happens when I go over bumps... I think it's the passenger seat because it doesn't happen when there's a passenger.

EDIT: Found your video by searching for it on YT cause link didn't work (thank you for naming it precisely what it is!).. And yes, it's exactly the same rattle I have in mine. Oddly enough, I took a video of it as well about 4 hours ago because it started driving me nuts too.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->