Pioneer App Radio 2 install (my mind may be blown) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
xkape
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Fan#: 151610
Location: Cincinnati, OH
What I Drive: Black 09 SE

Posts: 6
FF Reputation: 1 xkape Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Pioneer App Radio 2 install (my mind may be blown)

OK, got the radio, that was easy. Have the Android and HD accessories. Know I need a dash bezel.
This is where it gets fun and I just can't wrap my mind around it all. There are so many Axxess and Metra accessories for this car. I don't even know what 80% of them are and the other 20% I don't even know if I need...lol

I just want to install it, have it work with my droid (its on the approved list), the GPS to work and the BT to work.

So, here are my questions...

This is an 09 SE btw without SYNC and without steering wheel controls.

Do I need the 12V to 5V step down? I had to install it in my mustang so I assuming it's all Fords. :dunno:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Amazon refuses to believe this fits an 09 Focus but, I think I need it..

http://metraonline.com/part/AX-ADXSVI-FD1

Or do I need this one instead? The above one needs a junction box it says in the description, this one doesn't. But I don't even have navigation (NAV..i'm guessing), it does it thru the GPS and an app.

http://metraonline.com/part/XSVI-5520-NAV

This is where my mind started melting...

Or do I need this one that has the sub connector on it?

http://metraonline.com/part/XSVI-5521-NAV

Here's that box that has to be used with the first harness I posted..

http://metraonline.com/part/XSVI-5521-NAV

I did feel kind of smart though cause I knew I needed this...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A9UC26ZLPAXH1


xkape is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
puffingonj
Focus Enthusiast
 
puffingonj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Fan#: 119680
Location: enfield, CT
What I Drive: 2010 SeS Turbo charcoal, 2012 se

Posts: 141
Points 135, Level 2
Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 1 puffingonj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Get the PAC c2r FRD1 connector its the best one out there.
puffingonj is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
puffingonj
Focus Enthusiast
 
puffingonj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Fan#: 119680
Location: enfield, CT
What I Drive: 2010 SeS Turbo charcoal, 2012 se

Posts: 141
Points 135, Level 2
Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 1 puffingonj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
And the antenna adaptor it will be all that you need.
puffingonj is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.