Tsb 14-0131 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-30-2014, 07:45 AM   #1
DaveIsHere
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110750
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titaniuam Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 DaveIsHere Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Tsb 14-0131

Well I just got my car back yesterday with the latest and greatest TSB applied, new seals, clutch, and software. It shifts great and firm now. Time will tell, though I think I received the rev D clutch not the newest Rev F.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 07:48 AM   #2
bawxcar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80841
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ti HB (401A)

FF Reputation: 1 bawxcar Good Standing Member
I went for an oil change yesterday and they noticed seepage around the transmission seal. I have the same issue. Does it take the clicking away?!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
DaveIsHere
Focus Rookie

What clicking are you referring to? I think I still hear something between my 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, not sure yet. was going to give it some time. It definitely drives better.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
bawxcar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80841
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ti HB (401A)

FF Reputation: 1 bawxcar Good Standing Member
That's the clicking I'm talking about. How many km/miles did you have ? Mines at 65000 km. I don't know the mile conversion and I'm not currently at my car to have it tell me. :-P
Old 07-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Are you certain your dealer actually had the newest seals and clutch packs in stock? Some other dealers said they didn't expect to have them for another month or so.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #6
TooOld
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 128586
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey SE

FF Reputation: 3 TooOld Good Standing Member
It doesn't matter. The new seals are going to leak too. The new clutches are going to shudder too. Every seal Ford has come out with has leaked, every clutch assembly they've revised has shuddered.

You can't band aid fix the exceptionally bad engineering failure known as the DSP6.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #7
falcompsx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108012
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3 S GT

FF Reputation: 2 falcompsx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawxcar View Post
I went for an oil change yesterday and they noticed seepage around the transmission seal. I have the same issue. Does it take the clicking away?!
there are some clicking noises that are normal while the car shifts gears. Actuators have to move shift forks to change gears just like a manual transmission. It isn't a loud sound and it isn't a grinding sound, its a clicking sound, similar to the same sound you hear if you shift a manual transmission sitting still in a garage without the motor running or car moving.

There is also a "grinding" noise that many people here. This is not normal and if you've ever ground gears on accident in a manual transmission, it sounds very similar to that sound, though as I understand its not actually the transmission gears grinding, bur rather something internal in the clutch pack thats causing those awful noises. I can say that my car was making these noises, especially if it shifted during a left turn under mild to moderate acceleration like clockwork.

After getting my clutch pack and seals replaced, so far that sound is 100% gone. shifts are firm under moderate to heavy acceleration, especially using select shift they can be VERY firm and quick. Under light acceleration, they are completely smooth and seamless, executed quite quickly.

All this is under the pretext that i only have ~300 miles on the new clutches so its by no means a proven solution for me at this point, only time and more miles will prove if its a fix, or just a temporary band-aid. If the problems return, i'm trading in the car; if it stays fixed, i could drive this car for years as I love it right now while its driving properly. Its actually a very sporty and smooth transmission when it works right.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
falcompsx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108012
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3 S GT

FF Reputation: 2 falcompsx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOld View Post
It doesn't matter. The new seals are going to leak too. The new clutches are going to shudder too. Every seal Ford has come out with has leaked, every clutch assembly they've revised has shuddered.

You can't band aid fix the exceptionally bad engineering failure known as the DSP6.
your degree in engineering shines here buddy. Also your psychic abilities are astounding. How you know a new revision that no one has reported on yet, is going to fail no matter what blows my mind.

Go troll somewhere else.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #9
DaveIsHere
Focus Rookie

I had 27k on the car when I brought it in. I doubt these were the latest of the seals and clutch, but I will review the invoice when I get home tonight to see what I can find out. The shifts are very smooth and firm, I do over 300 miles a week typically so I should have a good idea in the near future how well it all holds up.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #10
onlycodered
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 149570
What I Drive: '09 Vista Blue SES coupe 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 onlycodered Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOld View Post

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Bookmarks & Social Networks