Adding in Navigation? - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #51
Mrlandy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99623
What I Drive: 2012 focus titanium hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Mrlandy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I know how you USED to be able to assign them. Ford took that ability away and called it an "upgrade". You can't do it anymore. Know what you mean though because the Nav screen was one of the screens I had programmed to one of the buttons and it was (WAS) convenient. Not so convenient anymore.
Ug, I have to hit the nav screen everytime. There has to be a way to make it my default screen, no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #52
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Good call. Probably nifty if you're gonna get lost - plus, you won't have to lean over to get to the top right most corner of the screen either.
Leaning sucks! I don't want to exert that kind of effort. I now keep a rubber-tipped stick next to my seat to poke the tab with. Saves me extending my arm. As a bonus, I can also roll down my window and wave it menacingly at the jacka$$es that cut into my lane in front of me without a signal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrlandy View Post
Ug, I have to hit the nav screen everytime. There has to be a way to make it my default screen, no?
Since we can't program the favorites buttons anymore, I wish they would at least give the system the functionality to fire up at the same screen it was on when it was shut down. Usually my first order of business upon starting the car in launching the Nav screen in an effort to avoid having to look at that butt-ugly home screen that is now our only choice.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #53
dalbeck
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98629
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 dalbeck Good Standing Member
So I just found this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-2...5e5ee3&vxp=mtr

Not a MFT but interesting.. anyone ever seen something like this?
Old 06-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #54
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbeck View Post
So I just found this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-2...5e5ee3&vxp=mtr

Not a MFT but interesting.. anyone ever seen something like this?
Looks like it is the center screen of MFT, just without the rest. Looking at Mrlandy's pics, the back of the unit looks just like the 8"screen in the unit he bought. Not sure what functionality just this screen has...
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 06-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #55
Mrlandy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
Looks like it is the center screen of MFT, just without the rest. Looking at Mrlandy's pics, the back of the unit looks just like the 8"screen in the unit he bought. Not sure what functionality just this screen has...
Yes, it looks just like the back of the unit i purchased without the sony cd component. I think this is the part i got: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...rd&model=Focus . Funny how it says " this part is not shipable" Since the unit i bought directly replaced my sync services non nav module, it would make sense that this would work. I have seen the A3 maps sd card( ships with usb drive to 3.02 in the same package) on ebay for $50. I didnt have to do anthing with the media hub, it just worked with the sd card maps. I only have to address the grey mini usb port ( open on old and new units) that i am assuming is the backup camera interface. I saw the part on ford parts, the camera is around $200 and the interface is around $400. It stands to reason that i can buy a cheap license plate mounted camera with the composite out and convert it to mini usb and wire it into the backup lights tht it would work. Since I have the full nav unit, i get the message that the system cannot find the camera everytime i put it in reverse. I saw this happen for a few seconds with my old unit every once in a while, like a glitch. This is another reason why I think that the sync services unit can be programmed for full nav.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #56
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Yes, it looks just like the back of the unit i purchased without the sony cd component. I think this is the part i got: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...rd&model=Focus . Funny how it says " this part is not shipable" Since the unit i bought directly replaced my sync services non nav module, it would make sense that this would work. I have seen the A3 maps sd card( ships with usb drive to 3.02 in the same package) on ebay for $50. I didnt have to do anthing with the media hub, it just worked with the sd card maps. I only have to address the grey mini usb port ( open on old and new units) that i am assuming is the backup camera interface. I saw the part on ford parts, the camera is around $200 and the interface is around $400. It stands to reason that i can buy a cheap license plate mounted camera with the composite out and convert it to mini usb and wire it into the backup lights tht it would work. Since I have the full nav unit, i get the message that the system cannot find the camera everytime i put it in reverse. I saw this happen for a few seconds with my old unit every once in a while, like a glitch. This is another reason why I think that the sync services unit can be programmed for full nav.
Every time I start my Ti with the shifter in R I get that message. Glitch since I have a manual tranny and no camera whereas you have a DCT but it thinks you have a camera.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 06-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #57
Mrlandy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Ordered a BOSS backup camera and a fuji camera, rca to usb mini b adapter. I will try to install the backup camera from the hatch, down the driver side and under the dash to the grey open usb port on the rear of the unit. I will splice the power off of the reverse lights. I'll post pics when the install is complete. I hope it works.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #58
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhemti View Post

I do understand that Jaclyn's cue cards say one thing but there are people above her that can make decisions on how to better appease customers with information. I am not calling out Jaclyn individually but Ford as an entity.

Sure they could construe it as a bunch of whiny people on some Internet forum, or they could interpret it as a segment of their market who happen to be willing to interact with Ford reps rather than just settle for less and who may just have ideas that are worth discussing internally.
All vehicles with MyFord Touch have hardware that support navigation. However, there's no process in place at this time that will enable this feature on vehicles that aren't equipped without voiding your warranty. We do not recommend changes to our products. Only changes that have been thoroughly tested and approved by Ford Engineering should be considered.

Quote:
Hi, Mrlandy -

Like copernicium112 said, the Stars are no longer programmable.

The “Star 1” button is now mapped to the home screen and “Star 2” will take you to the information screen.

If anyone has additional questions, let me know.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #59
DailyPlanet
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89265
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Candy Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 DailyPlanet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Like copernicium112 said, the Stars are no longer programmable.

The “Star 1” button is now mapped to the home screen and “Star 2” will take you to the information screen.
Actually, the stars retain their settings from before the update. If you set them previous to applying 3.0 then they keep that setting even through master resets.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #60
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyPlanet View Post
Actually, the stars retain their settings from before the update. If you set them previous to applying 3.0 then they keep that setting even through master resets.
Apparently that's not what the upgrade was supposed to do, so for whatever reason you got lucky and it didn't reprogram the buttons to their new defaults, however per Ford that wasn't supposed to happen.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->