Anyone tuning with a SCT livewire? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
Dago
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33842
What I Drive: 2002 black svt, 2006 mustang gt

FF Reputation: 1 Dago Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes I am, the livewire works like a charm with the svt, I've loaded 15 tunes and done 14 datalogs in a 2 week period without a single problem, the tunes even load without pulling fuses, the problem is I have the livelink ver 6.5 and sometimes it freezes when starting to datalog but that's not a livewire issue but a livelink software issue, I also downloaded the livelink software gen 2 and that doesn't even recognizes the livewire.
JRSC BBK tuned by Tom, K&N custom SRI, 65mm TB, 180 deg thermostat, aem wideband, 9mm ford racing wires, removed lunchbox, CFM hfc, front suspension polyurethane bushings, double halo headlights, keenwood ddx512

xblive VENOMUNLEASHED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #12
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I have yet to get the genII to work on any Focus , It been reported to SCT but I was told that it works , stick with the 6.5 for now it seems to work well

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
svtf1417
MOAR BEWST!!!!

Fan#: 58428
What I Drive: 2001 ZTS, 2002 SVTF Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 6 svtf1417 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Dago what wire are you using on the FireWire for your wideband? I know on the livewire itself you need to turn analog 2 on, neither wire, whether the orange or red one, does a thing. I was on the phone with SCT for an hour and a half Thursday and they're giving me the roundabout just trying everything I've already done. I'm not stupid and I'm in calculus. The equation for the lc1 is (v*3)+7.35. normally I have to change the 3 to 3.07-3.1 to get livelink to match, but if volts=0, it'll flatline at 7.35 and that's exactly what mines doing. I asked if they tested these before they send them out they don't. My xcal logs my wideband just fine so it's not the wire. I don't know how you can't blame a faulty livewire at this point. Oh and they had me erase it and put the firmware and all that back on. Between the problems with my xcal, and their beating around the bush tactics with my livewire, someone is gonna enjoy my phone call on monday
[#1417] 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus
Born on June 25, 2002

2001 Silver ZTS Sedan - "Ol' Reliable"
Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
Dago
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33842
What I Drive: 2002 black svt, 2006 mustang gt

FF Reputation: 1 Dago Good Standing Member
I made a custom one based on a guide found here http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224269 I used the analog 2 wire, don't remember what color it was, but if yours works with the xcal then it should with the livewire.
JRSC BBK tuned by Tom, K&N custom SRI, 65mm TB, 180 deg thermostat, aem wideband, 9mm ford racing wires, removed lunchbox, CFM hfc, front suspension polyurethane bushings, double halo headlights, keenwood ddx512

xblive VENOMUNLEASHED
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
svtf1417
MOAR BEWST!!!!

Fan#: 58428
What I Drive: 2001 ZTS, 2002 SVTF Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 6 svtf1417 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Ya mine didnt work like that at all lol. I JUST got it to work with the green wire and nothing else attached. Why its green totally beats me because it looks like on every wire the red one is analog 2. Oh well, happy tuning
[#1417] 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus
Born on June 25, 2002

2001 Silver ZTS Sedan - "Ol' Reliable"
Old 03-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
LD5050
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94329
What I Drive: 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 LD5050 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtf1417 View Post
Ya mine didnt work like that at all lol. I JUST got it to work with the green wire and nothing else attached. Why its green totally beats me because it looks like on every wire the red one is analog 2. Oh well, happy tuning
Sweet. Mine arrived yesterday, and if i have an issue I'll know what to do. Thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #17
bespurcell
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60917
What I Drive: 2003 black svt

FF Reputation: 2 bespurcell Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtf1417 View Post
Mine was white. They are not all the same.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #18
pasta
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2003 eap svt

FF Reputation: 5 pasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (40)
good to know
Old 05-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
SVT03RED
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 69685
What I Drive: 03 red svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 SVT03RED Good Standing Member
sf3 vs. livewire

I had the SCT SF3 Power Flash Ford Programmer and yes it does work 50% of the time and when you pull the fuses it has a better chance of flashing but since the SVT focus has a Bosch computer, the SF3 does not communicate as well as livewire. If you have the SF3 and it fails in the mist of downloading and doesn't start don't get all freaked out just leave the car alone for a half hour to an hour then try it again. eventually it'll work. As for the live wire i highly suggest getting it i personally tune all my cars and i managed to smooth out the power curve on my SVT and picked up 19hp and 17tq over stock with no mods.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #20
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT03RED View Post
I had the SCT SF3 Power Flash Ford Programmer and yes it does work 50% of the time and when you pull the fuses it has a better chance of flashing but since the SVT focus has a Bosch computer, the SF3 does not communicate as well as livewire. If you have the SF3 and it fails in the mist of downloading and doesn't start don't get all freaked out just leave the car alone for a half hour to an hour then try it again. eventually it'll work. As for the live wire i highly suggest getting it i personally tune all my cars and i managed to smooth out the power curve on my SVT and picked up 19hp and 17tq over stock with no mods.
The SVT does not have a bosch processor.

It is also not possible to gain that much power through tuning on these cars. Tom will even agree with me on this one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks