The Mid West Boredom Thread - Page 169 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Mid West Fanatics

Mid West Fanatics Serving the Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska and South Dakota regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #1681
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

Fan#: 83452
What I Drive: '05 RED ZX5 SES/'06 Black Jetta GLI

FF Reputation: 12 AvieF Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
lime green ftw! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #1682
euro-bred
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30047
What I Drive: 04 2.3 zx3

FF Reputation: 10 euro-bred Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
lmao
Old 08-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #1683
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

hey you asked for suggestions ;) orange?? lol
Old 08-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #1684
bluebullet
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93387
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue zx5

FF Reputation: 7 bluebullet Good Standing Member
Do bright blue!!!!!!

Sent from jeremy's iPhone using FF Mobile
Hatch Nation #81
Mid-west Crew
2003 zx5 twilight blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
Bahahaha...bromance lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
when going Euro -always go full Euro
Old 08-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #1685
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

I say purple should be the winner lol
Old 08-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #1686
euro-bred
Focus Addict

Lol, I bought some plasti dip!! tomorrow I'll be starting that project and still priming my control arms. Probably won't have the arms done before the meet because I can't afford all the paint, so I have time to decide. Maybe I should do pink, orange, purple and bright blue, like tie dyed lol.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #1687
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-bred View Post
Lol, I bought some plasti dip!! tomorrow I'll be starting that project and still priming my control arms. Probably won't have the arms done before the meet because I can't afford all the paint, so I have time to decide. Maybe I should do pink, orange, purple and bright blue, like tie dyed lol.
a rainbow of colors haha
Old 08-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #1688
euro-bred
Focus Addict

Ugh, I'm hating my car...

Ok, I learned that the left rear wheel bearings are bad. It hums and grinds when I make right turns. Also fails the ole lift up the car and shake the wheel test, it wobbles a little. That put me in a bad mood because I can't afford new bearings right now. I looked online at a local junk yard and there is an 08 focus with 65k, I can get two drum assemblies, both sides, for $30 which would come with the bearings and better brakes than what's on there now. I'll probably do that if they still have the car when I can come up with the money. I have a ton of driving to do before I'll be able to do that though.

All that put me in a bad mood so I decide that I was going to plastidip some eyebrows on my headlights to lift my spirit. I failed at that. One side came out looking good but it dried just a little too much and started to peal up when I pulled off the tape. The other side looked fuzzy. I think that I sprayed it too far away, which doesn't make sence to me because I was within the recommended distance, 12-16in. So I pealed both of them off and now I'm out of plastidip.

That expierience didn't lift my spirit so I decided to do that $0 thunder throttle mod... Fail. Everything was going smooth. But when I went to clean out the set screw for the idle, I accidently stripped out the torx head, forcing me to use an allen wrench. I made due with my mistake and I was still able to make it work. When I was all done I wasn't liking how the throttle plate was sitting when shut. The idle was forced to be a little bit too high for my liking and due to how it would natually shut after the mod, it wouldn't quite touch the idle set screw so I thought I would trim the plate a little so that it would touc hthe set screw and I would then be able to lower my idle to where I wanted it to be... Go figure, why would I think that I would make something go right on a day that everything was going wrong? Haha. I took a little too much off of the throttle plate. It opens and closes perfect but the absolute lowest it will idle now is a racey 1100-1200 rpm, lovely. Tomorrow I will tune the computer to have the idle set at 600 or 500, whatever the lowest is on my sct, hoping to trick it to match where I want it. Right now it's programed to be at 700 and it's idling at 1100, so I'll try to make it around 400-500 to maybe have it actually idle around 800. I hope that works lol, at least until I can get a new throttle body... fml
Old 08-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #1689
GreySkorpion
saved from the grave

Fan#: 94674
What I Drive: 2004 LG ZX5 2.3D

FF Reputation: 11 GreySkorpion Great Standing Member
Dang man that sucks. Some days are like that. I peel the tape off about 15 seconds after I am done spraying, sometimes sooner. I think since put in the svt rear suspension, other than a headunit and speakers I am done modding for a while. I like the stance of my car and really don't want to change anything. As soon as I save up for something, I am sure that at 122k, a maintenance item will pop up and my mod money will be ate up!!
Old 08-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #1690
euro-bred
Focus Addict

Yup, I just crossed 140k and things are starting to wear out. I'm so bored without a job and getting depressed that nobody is hiring, that I have been modding my car a little bit with cheap mods. Well, my mods aren't working out for me at the moment and it's like I'm wasting what money I have to either compensate for my mistakes or and/or I can't paint very well lol.

I bought a new tb from a salvage yard. It cost me $45. Nothing I did would keep my cel from turning off so I knew something was wrong. I didn't bother with running the codes because I know the only fix is a new tb. It's idle was uncomfortably high and was running like crap. My gas mileage sucked really bad, so I had to buy one. Pisses me off that I have to spend money on a tb because I f'd up my other one, instead of spending money on a needed maintenance issue, my wheel bearing...

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->