2012 System Upgrade DIY: Speakers + LOC + Amp + Sub - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
Focussed2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94425
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 2 Focussed2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballeater View Post
This is what I meant about the stock rings, but you answered it. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276050 I also guessing that when you said 2x $2.99 that means you need an adapter for all 4 doors?

DO you have any pictures of where you put the amp? You said in the hatch floor, so did you take your spare tire out or cut a section out of the styrofoam subfloor?
Oh jeez -- that guy cut up the old speaker to stick the new one inside the plastic housing. The stock connector plug isn't worth the effort -- just solder or crimp connect the stock wires to the new speaker wires and use mounting adapters!

I didn't take any pics of the amp in the back just because it was so generically installed. I cut the styrofoam in the front / driver corner and used velcro tape strips to hold the styrofoam in place. I cut it pretty snug to the amp. I did NOT want to loose the spare tire, so that wasn't an option.

I'll take a pic when I get a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #12
BigFuzzyArchon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87167
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 BigFuzzyArchon Good Standing Member
If I was changing speakers I would also have gotten the AudioControl but I just added just sub/amp to mine so I went with the Scosche LOC and am pretty happy with it all.

Nice system though man, congrats
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #13
Focussed2012
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
If I was changing speakers I would also have gotten the AudioControl but I just added just sub/amp to mine so I went with the Scosche LOC and am pretty happy with it all.

Nice system though man, congrats
Thanks. I totally agree. The AudioControl unit was way overkill for just dropping the signal to a sub. Since I had everything going through it, I wasn't cool with risking the whole system on the Scosche unit.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #14
eyeballeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87226
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SE with sport appearance

FF Reputation: 1 eyeballeater Good Standing Member
Well today I ended up buying the Soundstream INT.2BX http://www.soundstream-aus.net/signal_processors.html

I wanted something under $100 and I think this is going to be as good as I can get. To top it off it comes with the remote sub level control. I'll keep you posted if I run into any problems or am unhappy with it......Not worried though, think it'll work out fine.

I emailed them asking if it compares to the AudioControl LC6i and this was their reply:

"Yep, thats spot on mate, the INT2BX will allow you to tune bass frequencies that have been 'shaped' by the factory system and restore them to a balanced aftermarket set of 3 pre out pairs for you amplifiers and also adds a Bass controller :)

Yes, it was Soundstream Australia. Could you tell?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
Focussed2012
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Well today I ended up buying the Soundstream INT.2BX http://www.soundstream-aus.net/signal_processors.html

I wanted something under $100 and I think this is going to be as good as I can get. To top it off it comes with the remote sub level control. I'll keep you posted if I run into any problems or am unhappy with it......Not worried though, think it'll work out fine.

I emailed them asking if it compares to the AudioControl LC6i and this was their reply:

"Yep, thats spot on mate, the INT2BX will allow you to tune bass frequencies that have been 'shaped' by the factory system and restore them to a balanced aftermarket set of 3 pre out pairs for you amplifiers and also adds a Bass controller :)

Yes, it was Soundstream Australia. Could you tell?
Excellent! Please chime back in and let me know how it works out. I'm sure it'll be perfect and would have suited me just as well as the LC6i.

Dan
Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
eyeballeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87226
What I Drive: 2012 Sedan SE with sport appearance

FF Reputation: 1 eyeballeater Good Standing Member
Hey Dan, quick question. Did you just splice into you wires leading from your headunit to the speakers or did you cut them?
Looking at your pic you just spliced and I'm guessing you disconnected them from the speakers so you could reconnect them should you ever put the stock ones back in.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #17
Focussed2012
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Hey Dan, quick question. Did you just splice into you wires leading from your headunit to the speakers or did you cut them?
Looking at your pic you just spliced and I'm guessing you disconnected them from the speakers so you could reconnect them should you ever put the stock ones back in.

Thanks
I cut the wires. I wanted a really good connection going to the LOC. I can reconnect them pretty easily so no worries. I did splice th remote antenna just because I wasn't sure what else might be using it.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #18
voipguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85222
What I Drive: 2012 S.Grey SE Spt,4dr,Wint,MR,6sp

FF Reputation: 1 voipguy Good Standing Member
Does the power antenna wire remains hot all of the time that the receiver is on for the 2012 FOCUS SE??
Has anyone used it for the remote amp turn on?
Thanks

Last edited by voipguy; 05-10-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #19
Focussed2012
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by voipguy View Post
Does the power antenna wire remains hot all of the time that the receiver is on for the 2012 FOCUS SE??
Has anyone used it for the remote amp turn on?
Thanks
Yes, the power antenna is ON while the head unit is on, hence it's the perfect power amp / pre-amp (LOC) trigger signal. It turns back off when the head unit turns off (when you open the door with the key out).
Old 05-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
ff_se
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99523
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE blue candy metal

FF Reputation: 1 ff_se Good Standing Member
question about passenger side console wall

How did you get the passenger side console wall off? I see that little square that looks like an access panel, but I am unable to get it off... Thanks in advance.

Bookmarks & Social Networks