FSC West 2012: Planning - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: SoCal

Fanatics: SoCal Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Southern California area

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #41
RSVT170
FocusRush

Fan#: 28451
What I Drive: '13 ST2 & '05 ZXW

FF Reputation: 42 RSVT170 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
The Mazda Group did their annual g2g at Irwindale and it was always REALLY expensive, and always a letdown. There were no food vendors (expensive), and the heat really ruined it for everyone. As much as I would love to do it at a track some where, it's beyond my resources. Also, you have to consider how much insurance is for an official event at a track. If someone gets hurt or in an accident during the event, FSC West/Me could be held liable. I don't know what they would get out of me if they sued... but you know..

It's pretty chill at the Harbor. Plus, you get tourists and locals there that stop in and check out the cars. Their are a number of choices of restaurants to choose from including one that was on Kitchen Nightmares, the beach to play in, the harbor to go paddle around on, and a great ocean breeze. For those that some from far away that stay overnight, there are hotels in the area that are inexpensive that are right in the heart of the Night life in Ventura, and the best thing is that by having here, the costs are low enough that the show is free!
HATCH NATION #139 | 2013 ST "P5" | Sponsored By: Borla, Wilwood, Vortech, & Mothers Polish

2005 ZXW "P7" | Flowmaster Exhaust | XXR 521 | Vogtland Springs | SAP Front Bumper | Roush skirts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #42
Tyler T
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42066
What I Drive: two '02 SVT's

FF Reputation: 2 Tyler T Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's cool. I agree the harbor is a sweet spot.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #43
volcomstone1966
RIP 02 SVT 0209

Fan#: 35104
What I Drive: 04 PWSC EAP SVT - 04 Kawasaki ZX6R

FF Reputation: 15 volcomstone1966 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (44)
The last spot was cool
04 SVT EAP #1131 -POWERWORKS-Torsen-Clutch Masters-Top Speed-Massive-Brembo-Fifteen52-Steeda-UNDER CONSTRUCTION
04 Kawasaki ZX6R
Old 03-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #44
FocusTuner911RS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62842
What I Drive: 2003 Focus RS

FF Reputation: 1 FocusTuner911RS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVT170 View Post
Any gripes about last year that people would like to see different for this year's show?

The as stated above, the trophies will be split up by make and model... But anything else? Anyone you want to see at the show? New Vendors? Etc.
^^ Lots and Lots of girls :)
SoCal Crew #911
Sedan Revolution #5
Old 03-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #45
DEMENTED SVTF
PARTS HUNTER

Fan#: 71669
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX2 5.0 SUPERCAB

FF Reputation: 9 DEMENTED SVTF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Categorys
For the foci. Best hatch/sedan/wagon
Stance achieved
Daily driven
engine bay
Power
Interior
Euro hotness
Track prepared
Just a couple categories to think about
Old 03-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #46
FocusTuner911RS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62842
What I Drive: 2003 Focus RS

FF Reputation: 1 FocusTuner911RS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
We need models!!!!!
SoCal Crew #911
Sedan Revolution #5
Old 03-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #47
Seiryuu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73884
What I Drive: '02 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Seiryuu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duratec 2.3 View Post
Would be nice to see fswerks or even Massive
Yeah I think gas prices going down to a dollar a gallon has more chance of happening then Fswerks showing up at the show. Unless minds has changed since the last I heard...

As for suggestions...

If enough people show up maybe have a runner up in each category. Doesn't even need to be a big prize, maybe just a small medal or trophy. If that's not feasible, then how about a second and third place for an overall category like best in show?

Maybe this time around a table or area could be set off to the side where people with spare parts can bring them to sell if they are interested.

I can't remember who it was that was winning all the raffle prizes. Though it was funny I think it would be fair to keep it to one prize to a winner.

Have an armed guard stand by the freebies to keep the non-participants from making off with them.

This would probably be interesting. Have a sound system showdown. A common song would be selected, maybe the day of the show, for each participant to play in their stereo and people judge which is the best sounding system.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #48
RSVT170
FocusRush

Fan#: 28451
What I Drive: '13 ST2 & '05 ZXW

FF Reputation: 42 RSVT170 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
I MIGHT extend an invitation to FSWERKS... I will go down to FSWERKS Personally and hand deliver the invitation (If I decide to). If they snub their nose at me again, then... there are plenty of other vendors.

The show categories are still under discussion with our main Sponsor and it really depends on what the Mazda Group (being the second largest group) decides to do.

They have their annual meet called "MAZFEST" that has been declining attendance due to poor planning, so I'm pitching the idea of having MAZFEST as part of FSC West. Part of the pitch to FSWERKS would be to have [Requires Approval] as part of FSC West as well, same goes for the Probetalk.com guys and the Fiesta Group. Basically, have all of the groups have their annual meet as part of FSC West. Each group would be responsible for having their own vendors as well as having their own award categories that they can present within their groups. FSC would have overall awards and some giveaways that would be appropriate for any recipient regardless of vehicle.

If every group jumps on board, this could really work well and keep my personal costs down, take a load off my shoulders, as well as give each group their own part of the show.

I will update when I decide. It's all logistics at this point.
HATCH NATION #139 | 2013 ST "P5" | Sponsored By: Borla, Wilwood, Vortech, & Mothers Polish

2005 ZXW "P7" | Flowmaster Exhaust | XXR 521 | Vogtland Springs | SAP Front Bumper | Roush skirts
Old 03-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #49
Seiryuu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73884
What I Drive: '02 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Seiryuu Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVT170 View Post
I MIGHT extend an invitation to FSWERKS... I will go down to FSWERKS Personally and hand deliver the invitation (If I decide to). If they snub their nose at me again, then... there are plenty of other vendors.
I do remember after the show how you let those that remained know your feelings about them.

The idea you have for the other groups does sound logical and would be beneficial for everyone, especially you. If it works out it could end up being a pretty good show.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #50
lofocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9667
What I Drive: {04 Snow zx3}

FF Reputation: 1 lofocus Good Standing Member
yeah the current location is awesome. as dura said the socal group will most likely roll there together.

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile HD
SoCal Crew #28 | Boost Crew #127

Bookmarks & Social Networks